WandaVision

pepperbone, it's the inline-spoiler tag. Where the regular spoiler box is "spoiler" in brackets, this is "ispoiler" in brackets. Or, in the comment box, to the right of the "remove formatting", "bold", "italic", "font size", and "text color" buttons are three dots for a pulldown menu of more options. It's on there, far right. The little mask symbol.

That ending made me think of Family Guy where Peter said he gets excited when they say the title of the movie in the movie. :lol:
MNv5ZCL.jpg

pepperbone, it's the inline-spoiler tag. Where the regular spoiler box is "spoiler" in brackets, this is "ispoiler" in brackets. Or, in the comment box, to the right of the "remove formatting", "bold", "italic", "font size", and "text color" buttons are three dots for a pulldown menu of more options. It's on there, far right. The little mask symbol.
Thanks!
Oh yes. As soon as as saw that I started clicking all over the place!! :lol:

not long watched ep8, and wow, another great one, (y)
lots of answers but still lots of questions,
i assume most are coming here after seeing it, so im not covering up spoilers,
so many little things to like in this episode, i liked it when they put infinty war recaps in this one,
and the sokovian bit puts more context in when rewatching Aou

but so far no ones touched on the directors actions\underlying motives and what hes up to, since in ep5 he clearly said wanda stole visions body,
but during this episode she weirdly let his corpse be disected and pulled apart, and its not like they can stop her from taking him, yet she goes of and creates another vision in her hex,?
well the director now has a weapon, reprogrammed by sword no doubt
so im thinking maybe wanda's vision may well be taking on real reprogrammed sword\vision, and i wonder how theyre going to stop agatha,
and what monicas going to be doing, its all going to kick off in the next one
cannot wait till the finale

a shame the ride is nearly over, i would of liked a few more episodes before it ends,

Last edited:
i wonder how theyre going to stop agatha,

I think Agatha might not be as evil as we are being led to believe. When she was talking to Wanda on the street, I got the impression she thinks Wanda is incredibly dangerous to the entire world. That sort of threat means nothing is off the table even holding her kids hostage.

Basically I think Agatha believes she is working for the greater good, not selfish reasons (like trying to steal Wanda's power or something like that.)

I would love to see the new Vision be voice by James Spader and have it be sort of Ultron 2.0. Like Ulton had a fail safe that Hayward unlock while experimenting on the body.
well i think swords\vision is going to be quite different from the normal vision, mainly because wanda said she couldnt sense him when she saw him on the table(s), and i dont think sword is going to control him for long.
then im thinking if wandas hex vision could phase/reintergrate with his body in the hex, but i dont think that will happen,

i cant wait to see how all this pans out,

I think Agatha might not be as evil as we are being led to believe. When she was talking to Wanda on the street, I got the impression she thinks Wanda is incredibly dangerous to the entire world. That sort of threat means nothing is off the table even holding her kids hostage.

Basically I think Agatha believes she is working for the greater good, not selfish reasons (like trying to steal Wanda's power or something like that.)

maybe, but im not so sure, i think Agatha is quite evil, she was quick to do away with the witch coven and they were 8 witches trying to bring her down, and she was being deceitful about her power, and when she did away them and head honcho witch,
she took her brooch, which i think harnesses her power more,
and those witches new that Agatha was becoming more powerful than them, and they were doing their best to stop her,
i got the impression that Agatha is power hungry, the witches were no problem for her to deal with, but then she comes across wanda who has different almost better power than hers and she wants it.

My theory is... White Vision was created from old Visions body and, like the same story in the comic books, Sword Vision will have no memory of his old self. The Vision created by Wanda appears to me to be both a creation of the mind stone (yellow energy) and created from all of Wanda’s chaos energy and is for all intents and purposes the same Vision as before- but he can only exist inside the Hex/Westview. I think Heyward will send White Vision into WV, White Vision and Hex Vision will fight, and eventually they will merge together with Hex Vision taking over White Vision and becoming (more or less) the same Vision from previous movies and be able to leave the Hex as Wanda will end the spell and release Westview.

I'm thinking Agatha will wind up being a 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' kind of thing and at least for this, when sword vision shows up and likely starts beating up on both of them they join sides to fight sword vision. Then when they've got sword vision on the ropes Wanda's vision's consciousness will take over the sword vision and become real.

As I recall, that's kind of how vision came to be in the first place, Tony/Bruce lost control and the Jarvis merged with the consciousness of whatever Ultron had built. So i'm thinking something like that. I feel there's a reason they keep showing Age of Ultron at the end of each episode. It's not a 'if you like this, we think you'll like this as well' and We didn't see much in Ultron that's huge backstory for WandaVision.

I would love to see the new Vision be voice by James Spader and have it be sort of Ultron 2.0. Like Ulton had a fail safe that Hayward unlock while experimenting on the body.

i would like to see ultron 2.0 emerge as somekind of backup maybe, we dont yet know if jarvis's matrix is still intact, thats probably all gone, and for a different twist sword\vision could be voiced by anybody maybe, and i wonder if thats what bettany was talking about who hes been working with,
i love how all these thoeries are up in the air,
im still in the dark about the fate of vision, he's either going to die again, or hes brought back alive, theres a pretty decent setup to bring vision back into the Mcu, but i think not likely to happen,
i dont think bettany as any more marvel contracts after this does he, i would sure like him to stick around a bit more, in the Mcu

Exactly what I was thinking.

i would like to see ultron 2.0 emerge as somekind of backup maybe, we dont yet know if jarvis's matrix is still intact, thats probably all gone, and for a different twist sword\vision could be voiced by anybody maybe, and i wonder if thats what bettany was talking about who hes been working with,
i love how all these thoeries are up in the air,
im still in the dark about the fate of vision, he's either going to die again, or hes brought back alive, theres a pretty decent setup to bring vision back into the Mcu, but i think not likely to happen,
i dont think bettany as any more marvel contracts after this does he, i would sure like him to stick around a bit more, in the Mcu
Be pretty brutal thing to do to wanda, has to watch him die 2x vs thanos, then when she comes back post snap, she's being hit had by that to have her grief bring him back only for him to die yet again?

Be pretty brutal thing to do to wanda, has to watch him die 2x vs thanos, then when she comes back post snap, she's being hit had by that to have her grief bring him back only for him to die yet again?

I’m thinking she Will be Forced to choose between Vision and the boys.

As someone who's been critical of this show up to this point, I enjoyed episode 8. It didn't feel like it was padded out like previous episodes, and had real character development. I tend not to mind if there isn't as much plot if the characters get a chance to develop. The prior episodes had character development peppered in, but not enough. I understand the idea of drawing out a mystery or not revealing too much at once to give more emotional impact later, but I still felt the first 7 episodes were severely lacking in both plot and character.

Obviously, there's still a lot of questions with what's happened, and some things I still find odd, in terms of writing.

So... Agatha actually had almost no role in creating the illusion as we were lead to believe? Also hoping we get some explanation then for how or why Agatha was there almost immediately in the first episode. Had she been following Wanda? Did she just happen to live in that town? Because it wasn’t her that started it.
So, yeah, I don't really understand why they had the whole reveal of "it was Agatha all along" in episode 7, when they pulled back from that in episode 8. It clearly wasn't her "all along," as they reveal that Wanda's immense power was the entire source of the dellusional world that she was living in. Maybe they meant the Agatha was the reason for the fabric of Wanda's reality being pulled apart, but that's not how it seemed in episode 7. Seems like an intentional misdirect to me, but maybe I can accept that it wasn't really presented as such.

I had a few thoughts as well:
  • Wanda re-created Vision herself, even physically creating Vibranium, which was obviously real enough to be tracked by SWORD outside of Westview. If that's the case, they're really never going to leave her alone now, if she can just conjure up the rarest metal on earth! Though we saw that Vision can't leave the confines of Westview without losing physical form, so maybe her ability to create elements has limits.
  • The body Wand saw was being very haphazardly cut apart, plus Wanda said she couldn't "feel" Vision, which makes me think it might not have been his actual body, and maybe they just did that to manipulate Wanda. If their intent was to try to recreate Vision, reanimate him, I doubt sawing him apart in that way would make sense. Though maybe it's just creative license, but if it is, it's a bit sloppy to me.
  • If that was Vision's real body, who stole his crotch and what were they doing with it???

Between it's part in awakening Wanda's powers and becoming the basis for bringing Vision to life, the centricity of the mind stone to Wanda's arc is really something.
There's something weird about it to me though, a little bit of snake eating it's own tail going on.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back