WandaVision

I think the snippet was put together well..

but (for me) shows me nothing of what the show will be about... :(
Which is perfect. It preserves the mystery. Too many trailers these days give everything away.
I would hazard a guess, based on what was shown in the trailer, Wanda is grieving the loss of Vision and her brother and is using her probability powers to fashion her own reality.
However it plays out, I have every faith in Feige and the MCU to deliver an emotional, epic piece of television.

I'm hearing rumors that Kathryn Hahn is playing Agatha Harnkess, which is cool with me.

I only really know her from an old Spider-Man/FF crossover story I read when I was 10 or 11. In it, Franklin Richards was 'possessed' by a demon, which turned out to actually be a villain in another dimension, but the FF took him to Harkness for the 'exorcism'.

That thing scared the holy HELL out of me back then. After I read it, I couldn't even look at the cover for a couple of months. Anyways, in my still-10-year-old head, any story that involves her will add to the horror/creepy factor that Scott Derrickson originally had planned for the Doctor Strange sequel.

Since the Mouse isn't relying on the Chinese box office for this to succeed, maybe those elements will be kept in here.

Its been a LOOONG time...

but was this taken from the comics? Did Wanda create a sur-real 'world' after Vision died? (I dont know if I actually read that sooo many years ago).. of if its the trailer and recent discussion blurring my mind?

It looks like a way to bring storylines from the comics into the MCU. Wonder if the babies are going to be their sons Thomas and William.

Attachments

• wanda and vision with their sons?.png
    wanda and vision with their sons?.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
I'm hoping this series is good. I may be suffering post-Endgame depression, because I haven't been really excited about anything Marvel since Endgame. Far From Home was the first marvel movie that I didn't bother seeing in the theater. Not for any particular reason other than I had other stuff going on in my life at the time. I had just bought a new house and was moving. Having to do a lot of cleanup and stuff from the old place. But after all that was done, I just didn't feel like seeing FFH. I eventually watched it when it was released on video and it was ok. I feel the same way about the Black Widow movie. I love the character. I question the timing of the movie. I wish it would have come out pre-Endgame. I wasn't disappointed when it was delayed for Covid reasons.

When the phase 4 announcements were made, I didn't see a lot there to cheer me up. I'm looking forward to Wandavision and Falcon/Winter Soldier. But most of the other stuff I have never been into. I don't know much about the Eternals or Shang Chi. I hope to be pleasantly surprised when they come out. The new Thor movie doesn't excite me because... Natalie Portman.

Anyway, the trailer looks good. I hope the show is good enough to bring me out of this funk.

Im gonna guess this entire series is stuff that goes through Visions mind in a split second before Thanos kills him. Super computer.
I dont think that works with the rest of phase four, it sounds like a weak cop-out, like the Dallas Bobby Ewing dream shower scene.

Have any of you read the 'Vision in suburbia' short series written by Tom King from a few years back? That and knowing what happens to Wanda in the comics, the sense of dread is palpable. I hope the series does go down that rabbit hole.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back