Vytaflex 40 Question

propsityourself

Hi guys !
First time posting and for a problem i have nonetheless x)
By advance sorry if there is a special threads for help, i didn't find it ^^'
But anyway ! I'm working on the second version of my Trauma Team cosplay from Cybverpunk 2077. The v1 got me in the cosplay contest final ! But there was one problem, that is still occuring on my in progress v2.

You see to modify the gloves and shoes, i'm trying to use urethane rubber with vytaflex 40 but it just keep ripping when i get it out of the mold :/ i can just pull on it a little and everything just get teared appart.

On the V1 i did some molds for the parts with mold max 40 going from eva foam parts that i sanded down and coated with dip. On the V2 i did some 3d printed molds that i then coated with belton spray paints and sanded down, and it rips again :/
At the same time i used some vytaflex in a mold that i made using resin 3d printed piece ( so no sanding nor coating here) and it works just fine, so i'm guessing the paints leave some residue that keep the vytaflex from curing :/

Do you have any advice on how to clean the molds enough for the vytaflex to work ? Already wasted so much silicone on the v1 and v2 molds i don't want to make a v3 purely out of resin XD

Thansk in advance guys !

Attachments

• EDO_6675.JPG
    EDO_6675.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 191
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back