VIBRO AXE Showoff Thread Looky Looky

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello prop whores,

i couldnt hold off painting this any longer (due to the cold weather) so went for it today, and yesterday for my pred helmet.

paints used as follows. aerosol tin matt black undercoat.(halfords)

tamiya nato black for the main body part (i must say this paint is a dead on match for the real prop in my opinion) i know it says black on the tin but its not black. more of a sooty grey.ideal and i recommend it for your build.

aerosol tin steel grey for the blade (halfords)
aerosol tin aluminium for the blade edge (halfords)

i baked all these with my heatgun then once dried i started shading the nooks and crannies with humbrol matt black.

once this was dried i had a rag that had loads of resin dust on it and i rubbed it over the whole prop, giving it a used /handled feel. plus the dust on the rag went into some of the hard to get places giving it a more weathered look.

then the paint chipping and dry brushing with humbrol silver no.11.

applied this by hand as it appears to have on the original prop.

lastly gave certain areas a light buffing with a scotch pad to indicate wear and tare.

hopeyou dont mind the crappy phone pics but i havnt got my digi cam back yet.

thanks for looking
soaker.jpg

xe4.jpg

axe5.jpg

axe3.jpg

axe2-1.jpg

axe.jpg

thanks to the following folk for helping me with the parts

clanger68 for the soaker,supermax,chest rod.

moncal for the yamaha casting

bluemiragestudios for the danco tip

some twat on ebay for the han blaster part

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Last edited:
Looks awesome!!
That dark gray does look perfect. I will have to get some for mine when I finally have time to build it.

thank you,

the paint drys quite light but once you buff it with a cloth it darkens down. its hard to make out in the pics the shade of it but if you look at the bottom pic and look at the black sticker on my compressor tank it gives you some idea of the nato black. its a great match in my opinion.

as for how many hours??? i dont really know, i did have to rebuild the blade which added a fair bit of time.

the most important thing is i enjoyed building it and got/get a lot of satisfaction from the finished article, ive wanted one of these for a very long time and i dont think i could get a better one now. i wish there were more of these things done, its a cool prop.

there are some progress shots in this thread

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=36994&page=2

Last edited:
Very nice matey, looks just like the real deal, I gotta say though im still laughing about the bit where you wrote some "twat off ebay":lol:lol:lol
classic line

Very nice matey, looks just like the real deal, I gotta say though im still laughing about the bit where you wrote some "twat off ebay":lol:lol:lol
classic line

i asked the seller before i bid if he would cut it up only sending me the grill part (due to customs restrictions on guns)

he said yes no problem.

so i placed my bid and won it.

package arrived with the blaster untouched. could have got confisgated at customs,but it got through, so for this reason he gets the "twat of the month award"

z

i asked the seller before i bid if he would cut it up only sending me the grill part (due to customs restrictions on guns)

he said yes no problem.

so i placed my bid and won it.

package arrived with the blaster untouched. could have got confisgated at customs,but it got through, so for this reason he gets the "twat of the month award"

z

:lol

Looks awesome! I hope mine eventually turns out that well.

thanks for the comments guys

much appreciated :thumbsup

kinda sad its finished as it was an enjoyable build.

if you need any measurments or advice let me know and ill help u out if i can,

zorg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back