Valley Forge Close-up panel build FINISHED :-)

Re: Valley Forge kit IDing

Thanks! Yes castings of the two pieces that are 100% from the Strum would be great!
I just want to id these last two parts before ask him cast anything.

L

Re: Valley Forge kit IDing ** NEED PART ID HELP **

Can anyone help with the two pieces shown above?

Lee, I have the Stug kit here in front of me and those two suspect parts are close in appearance, but much too large.
The cone shapes parts are about 50% oversized, and not quite the right shape, and the window surround blocks are at least 100% too big.
Those window blocks on the effects piece do look "C" shaped as you pointed out. The 1/15 parts I have here are flat. Also, the window blocks on the left look to have a seem following the rim of the window frame. As if the blocks are two halves?

Thanks Jim!
There's a possible piece on the 1/30th Hummel (#51), but I don't have the kit.
And I think you might be right that the window surround pieces are pairs, not a single piece.
That said there is a hinge piece on the front of the Jagdpanzer IV shown here (grey one on the right) That's EXACTLY the right size and look, but would have taken a huge amount of work to cut 18 of them out. So there must be another hinge on another piece.
Bandai 1-30 Bodies2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
L

Last edited:

The Hummel is needed, but not for the two suspect parts. What about one of the 1/24 scale kits?

Well I found the piece used around the main window, turns out I was looking for too big of a piece originally and had it all along. Part 67 from the Panzer IV-G!

And I'm thinking the other pieces are the rubbery pieces used to hold the wheels on. Not idea as they don't take paint well, but as I'll be using resin casts it should be ok.

8944562956_b5fd284943_z.jpg

There's another small piece that's too small to have any clue on, but the piece I'm using is the right size.

Last edited:
Re: Valley Forge Close-up panel build

Well the parts are off to be cast and I've figured out how many of each are needed.
9255722054_f5287216eb_b.jpg

As they are being cast, I'm going to offer up a very limited number of sets to others out there. I've no idea of the cost yet and this isn't a sales thread (I'll start another in the Junkyard when the time comes) but if anyone IS interested in a complete set of resin castings, please PM me and I'll let you know when the sales thread is up. And when I say limited, I'm thinking under 10 sets, so please let me know!

I'm also thinking of offering a 'reduced' set for anyone that either want a cheaper or smaller piece, but still gets most of the important parts. That's highlighted in pale red.

Bah stoopid RPF mailbox with the only option 'delete all', not 'delete older than a year', ok it's fixed :)

Hay Lee,
so how goes it ...Any progress on the castings?
Look forward to the update..
T

Hey,
After many moons the final 2 pieces I needed have been sent to the caster.
I also received a shipment from Plastruct 2 weeks ago with the piping and ladders.
So it's moving forward bit by bit. As soon I get the castings back I'll be putting together a test version before offering up the castings for sale.
The artwork is also done for the decals. I'm about to do a test run on them and will have the large 'AA' made as a paint mask. Although it might be a vinyl decal.

L

Finally (thanks to Jedimaster) I now have castings of the 1/15th Hummel pieces. The last 2 pieces needed.
11584082165_7209ee0c9a_c.jpg

Construction will be able to begin soon!!

L

Glad to see you at it again. Looking forward to seeing this come together.
T

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back