Valley Forge and Large Dome reissue from Silent Running

TZY

Hi Guys ,
Its been a while coming so....
Ok...finally got all the cost estimates together for the Valley Forge and large Dome kit and unfortunately there have been large material cost increases in the 3D printed parts, the brass tubing and manufacturing and screen printing of the lattice work for the domes on the kits .In some ways im not surprised since we started making this kit nearly 10 years ago. The biggest increase was the 3D printed parts have raised by about 150% .There have also been increases in cost of resin and shipping in that time.All the kits from this run will be cast from brand new molds and every part will be guaranteed for replacement
So ..where the VF was $1040 with shipping within the US its now $1300 with shipping within the US. The Dome was $250 with shipping and is now $280 with shipping. Overseas buyers ..we will get you the best price in advance at time before shipping .
The reason im spending so much time explaining the increase is I know the kit was expensive to start and this increase makes it even more but the labor and time spent on making this kit is extensive and I never gouge my customers on the cost of a kit.
With that we are making adjustments to the master to make it even more accurate with help from fellow builders that did even more research and effort in adapting their kits to make the perfect build.
We are also entertaining the idea of releasing the smaller domes that come with the Valley Forge as an individual kit depending on the life of the molds and the availability of the vac formed domes . No pricing has been determined for those as yet...but in thinking $30- $40 with a base.
Lastly...We are not asking for any deposits in advance of the kits production . We will make the kit and when we are within 2 weeks of shipping contact you for payment . The kit will be shipped with tracking and if you wish insurance that will be added to the cost of shipping.We will require your shipping address, e-mail address and a phone # for all orders.
Im sending this out to all the interested parties that have contacted me over the years to inform of the price increase and to determine those still interested in getting the kit and upon your response list you in order for the production run that will determine how many we will make . This will be the final run on these kits and after this we will be retiring all the masters and molds for good.For anyone else interested please contact me if I haven't already sent this to you.
Let me know as soon as possible what kits your interested in and how many. We will be making the adjustments to the masters in the coming weeks and start production with in the new year.

Thanks again for all the interest in my kits and I hope to hear from you soon. If you want more info on these kits and don't know about them already please contact me .
Tony

Hunk of Junk Productions

I always liked the Valley Forge. does it come with the one dome or does it have all (I think there were six) domes? How long is it? I am interested depending on this info.
Take care, Tim

Hi Tim,
Yes .. It has all 6 domes each about 4" dia.There are laser cut pathways that come with each dome and the domes themselves have a screen printed lattice grid work.The kit is about 49" in length and has over 200 parts to it The girder work that runs the length of the kit is 3D printed and the radar assembly for the bridge is photo etchThe smaller radar assembly at the rear end is also a 3D hi res print..There is about 36 feet of brass tubing that also makes up the kit. There are decals for the bridge and we include 2 cargo pods with markings for the base. We are also updating some surface detail on the main body to be more accurate with the original with the help of fans of this kit. It comes with a CD with all the instructions on its construction with lots of images for a step by step layout.There is a website you can get lots of image caps ..close up refs and detail from I can recommend also.
http://www.lunadude.com/
We are also doing the Large stand alone Dome kit its about 10" across.That is going to a limited run also.
. What does not come with the kits is the forests but I can recommend where to find the materials and what to use. All my kits are seen on Modeler magic under Hunk of Junk Productions .. http://www.modelermagic.com/?s=Hunk+of+Junk
There is a VF there listed for $900 that is no longer available by another seller ...and my listing for the kit with images of a build up is there also . I also have other images of a fans build up that are even better .
If you like please e-mail me .. Tonzye@hotmail.com and I will put you on the list and If you like e-mail you the instructions so you have an idea of the kits layout.
Thanks for the interest in the kit .
Tony

Hi Guys ,
Just a quick note ...We are down to 6 of the Vlley Forge ships and 6 of the Large Dome kits . This will be the last of them ever . If your interested please contact me.
Thanks

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back