Vader ROTJ stunt (MoM) build

will this final & inclusive result also include the correct number & location/placement of the speed holes on the grip section? I have both a Parks & an 89sabers DV6, so there’s really not much a guy can do in regards to bolt placement up top.

harshnitz17 ... if you take a look at the pictures in post #3 ... and compare them with the template I posted ... the only visible holes you can actually see are these :

D6BFDD3A-FF08-4E8D-94EA-A785C94FCDBC.jpeg

Even the ones on the other side of that grip are not visible :

C0B0D3DB-3F9E-4CD5-8C8D-92A820A94776.jpeg

And the one hole here :

DV-ROTJ-Speedhole.jpg

So as far as I'm convinced there are 3 holes visible between the grips ... all other holes are covered up by the T-track grips.

Chaim

Last edited:
Here it is people: my version of the template. Feel free to share it!

I've been reverse engineering the complete saber in 3D based on many images and I might even do a run of parts: shroud, control box, maybe more!

New page added to my website:

Here is the 3D perspective overlays:
DV-ROTJ Perspective Overlay WannaWanga.jpg

And here as a result is the template:
WANNAWANGA-DV-ROTJ-TEMPLATE.jpg

A PDF version can be found here:

Roy

Note: the twist position of the hex sockets of the bolds are also screen matched!

I've been reverse engineering the complete saber in 3D based on many images and I might even do a run of parts: shroud, control box, maybe more!

View attachment 1503573

View attachment 1503574

Roy

Note: the twist position of the hex sockets of the bolds are also screen matched!
Roy, if one wants to make a scratch built replica of the upper tube how accurate is the Graflex template in profile and holes for bunny ears ,buttons and sockets placement? Thanks dude insane job!!! MOM saber template 2021 version!!!!!

Last edited:

View attachment 1503573

View attachment 1503574

Roy

This is going to be a BIG help in stunt saber research, thank you!!!!! Those bolts don't seem to have been drilled at the same time, so this template is going to be great for matching along a timeline

Roy, if one wants to make a scratch built replica of the upper tube how accurate is the Graflex template in profile and holes for bunny ears ,buttons and sockets placement? Thanks dude insane job!!! MOM saber template 2021 version!!!!!
I'd say pretty accurate! They are based on my own 3D model and I've wrapped the template around a vintage Graflex and I think it's a good fit. The slots are missing in the drawing and the unfolded bunny ear lips are estimated since I haven't bend them down (yet).

Roy

If it helps anyone..

the old photos of these props from the 90s ended up being accurate length wise for the ROTJ Luke sabers right?

The MoM Vader saber is clocked in at 28cm. That is the exact length of my ESB Hero, pulled tight, with a vintage kobold. I don't think the saber is lengthened anymore

So I'm glad I asked roygilsing to do his magic and check my 'updated' template from Kal and boy it does not disappoint . . . Roy it has been a great privilage to experience your 3D work firsthand.

DV ROTJ Screenshot_1.jpg

Picture courtesy Roy Gilsing.

Looking forward to purchasing a more accurate shroud and controlbox from WannaWanga in time :)

Chaim

Last edited:
So I'm glad I asked roygilsing to do his magic and check my 'updated' template from Kal and boy it does not disappoint . . . Roy it has been a great privilage to experience your 3D work firsthand.

View attachment 1503906

Looking forward to purchasing a more accurate shroud and controlbox from WannaWanga in time :)

Chaim
would love for roy to do a run, maybe if we all pig pile?!?
giphy.gif

View attachment 1503906

Chaim

Hey Chaim,

Obi1Kenny actually updated his control box and mid hand last year at the direction of kurtyboy. I think he still might have a couple left.

But yes, we need an updated shroud. teecrooz and I found it to be a few mm off in its girth in our recent builds.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back