Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications

Wonder if the rest of that sellers Star Wars goodies went together to the same seller. That single Kobold price was insane especially when twoo together sold for a similar amount. Oh well.

insane, probably, but pretty regular price for Kobolds on ebay ;) the silver one actually sold for a lot less than usual.
But yeah, ebay prices can be insane and incoherent sometimes, like those two selling for less than one, even if they were in less good condition.
It happens a lot though for action finishing at the same time, for some reason, someone will go crazy on one a second one will sell for cheaper.

Wonder if the rest of that sellers Star Wars goodies went together to the same seller. That single Kobold price was insane especially when twoo together sold for a similar amount. Oh well.
It possible. Those kobold prices were pumped up. Only 1 was the correct flash for han (with out the bulb) prop. The others did have the clip with correct screw holes minus that extension one. Its getting a bit nutts out there.

That mpp had a giant dent. The shroud was oversized and in poor shape. It could be a repo shroud. It doesn't have the three rings in the bottom. Etc. Basically the only thing it did have was the large b bort. It was not worth 5500. And as much as i respect zips opinion, he seems to be the mpp finder these days. 10000 would be ridiculous. 5000 is ridiculous. just my 2 cents.

I agree these prices are too high, and I hope they come back to "normal" in the future.

The reason why I said $10,000 is because after I showed off my pristine condition single-step shroud, large B-port MPP, someone sent me an offer close to $10,000.

Luckily, I had the will-power to resist, but I hope my valuation proves to be wrong when a similar one pops up on ebay in the future.

Rich people exist, and will throw money at you. My motto, personally, is that this doesn't change the actual value to that degree. If it does, it locks out a large part of the community from participating. I've seen people pay through the nose for first dibs, not necessarily for the product

anyways, off my soapbox - that is a cool variant on the MPP! the socket has a metal sleeve and the endcap looks like the one parks replicated

Also, here are some pics of the missing clamp... (courtesy of Khal who contacted the seller)
When I saw these, I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror...

I've also been seeing vintage Kenner toys selling for 5 or even 6 figures.
So, compared to the toy community, we're still in a much better shape when it comes to pricing.

Attachments

• 78487828_10158459557011081_6867927839580675582_n.jpg
    78487828_10158459557011081_6867927839580675582_n.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 106175333_10158459556766081_6274895498574666152_n.jpg
    106175333_10158459556766081_6274895498574666152_n.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 171
oh ok, yeah that's not what I expected for the clamp from the description, I assumed it was just a bit out of shape...

o_Oo_O:oops:o_O On all of the above. It's just NUTS! Did not the ObiWan ANH ally casting sell for about $10k recently - an actual SW piece?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge here but which Vader saber is the large B port MPP for ?

Prices like this are depressing, I got out of my last hobby because I was just financially out priced

Couldn’t afford it anymore

These prices are just sad... I remember when no one cared about Star Wars and we b7tched about paying 200 dollars for a pristine graflex...

Might need to look into selling my complete RAF kit...

;)

I'd try to keep it as long as possible!
MPPs are on a bull market and even outperforming AMZN stock:)

Who knows what the market price will be like a year from now...
Same time last year, MPPs were selling for $1500-2800.

A question aboout bubble strips. I have two vintage Exactra bubble strips. One is going into my vintage ANH build. I was going to use the other one for my Vader Heiland build, but when I started looking at the details, I saw that cutting a bubble strip was required. WIth that in mind, is there a reasonable other model that is worth cutting? Like the 21? Maybe just buy a repro as the build is already a mish-mash of Heiland/vintage/repro? I'd hate to cut down a 7 strip bubble when it's better utilized in a Luke saber. Thanks!

Edit: Saw Post #462. Guess not.

Last edited:
If it were me, I'd just use the vintage Exactra bubble strip and cut it down for the vintage ANH build. You could use either the Rebel Scum bubble strip or the PropsPlus bubble strip on eBay for the Heiland perhaps. Both are based very closely to a vintage Exactra bubble strip.

If it were me, I'd just use the vintage Exactra bubble strip and cut it down for the vintage ANH build. You could use either the Rebel Scum bubble strip or the PropsPlus bubble strip on eBay for the Heiland perhaps. Both are based very closely to a vintage Exactra bubble strip.
Yeah, I don’t think I’ll ever get a legit MPP so cutting it with the potential to use eventually in a vintage build seems unlikely. Thanks! BTW your videos are great and have helped a lot with seeing minute details easily. I appreciate that.

I also contacted the guy for a picture of the clamp and got those. I also have no clue why the price got to what it did. The one Nick Cline sold not too long ago, which was more accurate and in better shape, was $2000. I can only think that this got the attention of some people that had a lot of dollars to throw at it and the auction excitement got to them.

I also contacted the guy for a picture of the clamp and got those. I also have no clue why the price got to what it did. The one Nick Cline sold not too long ago, which was more accurate and in better shape, was $2000. I can only think that this got the attention of some people that had a lot of dollars to throw at it and the auction excitement got to them.

The one Nick sold on Ebay was August 2019, which is almost a year ago.
At the time, $2000 was on the high-end spectrum.
Since then, the market price for MPPs has been skyrocketing.

Also, that was a 2-step shroud; I think most of the value is in single-step shrouds due to their rarity.
I had 9 MPPs so far but only managed to find 2x single-step shrouds.

And I'm pretty sure less than 200 single-step variants were originally produced by the factory.
The number of ones surviving today is probably lower than 100.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back