V For VENDETTA: The movie props

JediCarl told me last week that he'd put these up from his job cuz his
home connection wasn't linking to his network or something. Hopefully,
he'll be able to get the Nice hi res shots up soon. They were very detailed.

*ss*

I was thinking about that... Maybe they used the precursor font Johnston?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnston_%28typeface%29

Or "New Johnston"?

"We also used the same typeface everywhere, which is the typeface for the London Underground. That was something Owen wanted, he bought the font and said maybe we're going to use it, not only for the production, but for bigger signs and everything, just to get the connection to the Underground, and to make it really English. Only the Valerie posters have a different font because that's from the time before the Norsefire government." -Henning Brehm, interview May 2005.

Looking at some of the other posters, the R is a bit different.

-Mike

yea, the fact the DC Direct version is porcelain is the only reason i am not grabbing it. i LOVE the mask (even though the mouth slit seems a lil too wide), but i dont like props that may get busted if moved.

the movie was great (saw it tonight), and damned if i dont want a V costume. i think ill wait till the DVD comes out though, before i start worrying about finding matching clothes. the mask.... might snag a rubies.

daggers? im not looking for 100% screen accurate so chances are budk or eknifeworks.com has something near to the screen version for a decent price.

i might be up for a fingerman's badge though. that was a rather nifty looking piece :)

chris

Wow, the rubies jacket looks pretty good. The cape and daggers look rather bleh though.

Kylash- how about doing the poster with the red V and circle? I would be down for one of those. How is the quality on a cafepress poster?

-Matt

hmm..might be a bit more difficult...and not sure the quality, never ordered one...it says its glossy though, and its a 300dpi image so it wont be pixalated...

I'm really considering ordering it. Would look great on my wall.

Anyone have screen caps of one after it's been tagged with the red paint? I may go buy some red spray paint and do it if a pre-tagged version can't be made.

-Matt

well if you do let me know how it turns out :) I havent marked the price up at all so im not making anything on it.

I think I'll start a thread to see if anyone has ordered a poster from there, see how they liked it. If i get positive reviews I'll order one this afternoon or evening.

-Matt

v.jpg

Originally posted by The Batman@Mar 18 2006, 10:26 AM
Wow, the rubies jacket looks pretty good.  The cape and daggers look rather bleh though. 

Kylash- how about doing the poster with the red V and circle? I would be down for one of those.  How is the quality on a cafepress poster?

-Matt
[snapback]1208274[/snapback]​

Actually that Rubies costume kinda looks crappy all around. The mask looks better IMO than the DC direct version, but that's about it. The cape looks like a Wal-mart special, and the jacket is too flat. I'm 100% sure his jacket is based on a doublet. Probably from whenever Guy Fawkes was around. And in the movie it looked like it was made from silk. The cape looked like wool BTW. I need to bring a notepad to the movies. I want to make one of these.

So is the rubies mask not going to be avialable separately? Was it only a promo item for shows? Anyone think of making resin copies of the rubies mask and sell them in kit (unpainted) form?

The recorder finch uses (pop up with red light) is a modified off the shelf book light that I have at home...will post pics soon.

Just read the interview.. Very informative. And I must toot my own observation horn. The jacket is indeed base on a doublet and made of silk. Go me.

Anyone know where I can get one o them Rubies masks?

Anyone interested in obtaining the poster I threw together in my earlier post may download it here: V Poster. It's in Illustrator EPS format for easy scaling and small file size.

I would also appreciate it not being sold. Consider it a gift. ;)

Enjoy. :)

v.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back