V For VENDETTA: The movie props

Originally posted by Super Serg@Mar 20 2006, 11:22 PM

That final battle damaged mask looks just as KICK ASS as it does clean.
[snapback]1209851[/snapback]​

Agreed. In fact, I'm thinking of making one of those as well.

Some of those Kit Rae Athame knives are close. Maybe you can modify one and make it resemble the screen used knives. Then cast the hilt and sheath as a solid piece for costuming. Of course, I'd want two that weren't solid so you have something to play with even if the blades are wood or plastic.

I imagine a prop company will get the license to produce these. If we're lucky, they will be well done. Otherwise, cheap overseas knock offs and high-end custom versions will come out. Where there is a recognized need, someone will fill the void.

Originally posted by wuher da brewer@Mar 21 2006, 12:51 AM
Some of those Kit Rae Athame knives are close.
[snapback]1209928[/snapback]​
Any links or pics? Are these the "main gouche" daggars that sell for $150-200 each? I'm hoping to get these in a bit cheaper, seeing as you need at least 6 for a complete costume. :confused

JediCarl, thanks so much for those pics. Im currently working on resculpting the mask from a pull of the Rubies, these will be great help. I think im going to move onto the belt buckle next myself. (and wait on the daggers, to see what developes here)

Nick

I was thinking about making a mirror in my bedroom with the same saying as that one in the movie.
the letters won't be embossed, I think I would etch the mirror coating off the backside with a vinyl template and some Ferric Chloride.

I forgot the exact phrase though, the latin one that V translated for eve, "through truth I conquered the universe" or something like that.

anybody know what it is in the original latin like in the movie, or could pop a screengrab?

-Mikie

I got the Athame Knight's Dagger used in Spidey 2 and Riddick for 11.00 plus shipping. I wasn't saying to buy six of them or to even use real knives for costuming. It doesn't sound very smart going out with six long daggers that are indeed real. Here double bladed knives are illegal to carry in public as is any knife over 4" in length.

As for the mirror, I think it would be easy enough to do if you had a stencil. Don't forget, there is some kind of floral motif along the bottom. I tried to take notice of it too. The first time I saw it, I knew it was a prop I wanted.

I got the Athame Knight's Dagger used in Spidey 2 and Riddick for 11.00 plus shipping. I wasn't saying to buy six of them or to even use real knives for costuming. It doesn't sound very smart going out with six long daggers that are indeed real. Here double bladed knives are illegal to carry in public as is any knife over 4" in length.

Where did you find them for that cheap? And where are some pics of a Rubies V costume? I haven't heard about this yet. Thanks.

Originally posted by Mikie-Wan@Mar 21 2006, 01:53 AM
I was thinking about making a mirror in my bedroom with the same saying as that one in the movie.
the letters won't be embossed, I think I would etch the mirror coating off the backside with a vinyl template and some Ferric Chloride.

I forgot the exact phrase though, the latin one that V translated for eve, "through truth I conquered the universe" or something like that.

anybody know what it is in the original latin like in the movie, or could pop a screengrab?

-Mikie
[snapback]1209960[/snapback]​

vi veni universum vivus vici

Fully Translates to "by the power of truth, I, a living man, have conquered the universe". I think they paraphrased the translation for the script/film, though. But that's the latin verse.

Originally posted by wuher da brewer@Mar 21 2006, 01:58 AM
I got the Athame Knight's Dagger used in Spidey 2 and Riddick for 11.00 plus shipping.  I wasn't saying to buy six of them or to even use real knives for costuming.  It doesn't sound very smart going out with six long daggers that are indeed real.  Here double bladed knives are illegal to carry in public as is any knife over 4" in length.
[snapback]1209964[/snapback]​

Oh, I definitely wouldn't want to walk around a convention in that costume with REAL knives, either. I'm looking for visual replicas in that regard. But I may want an actual V daggar or two for my personal collection as well.

Is there any word on when the rubies costume/mask will be coming out? Can't find anything online, anywhere.

Hey Thanks Carl, I really appreciate the help :)

Man how did you know, or find out about that?

On a sidenote, I was wondering, does anybody here have the novel set or original V for vendatta comic books? did they ever show his face?
I'm curious as to how accurate the movie was to the original graphic novel?

-Mikie

Originally posted by JediCarl@Mar 21 2006, 04:17 AM

vi veni universum vivus vici

Fully Translates to "by the power of truth, I, a living man, have conquered the universe". I think they paraphrased the translation for the script/film, though. But that's the latin verse.
[snapback]1210062[/snapback]​

No problem, Mikie-Wan.

I know a few Latin quips from studying it a few years back. I happened to have that particular verse in one of my books. B)

As for your other question, No... V's face is never shown in the graphic novel nor is his true identity ever revealed. Though it is strongly inferred that Evey figures it out herself.

A friend of mine just made this, I think it turned out nicely.

Fingermansbadge.jpg

I read that sideshow may pick up this licence. Can anyone confirm this? If they do, does this mean we may get more masks?

Rubies has the costuming/mask license (with the exception of the authentic replica, which is with DC Direct).

If Sideshow indeed has this license, it would be safe to assume it would be for 1:6 or even 1:4 scaled figures and perhaps even a 1:1 bust.

I hope that rumor is true. A 12" V figure from Sideshow would be super cool.

Originally posted by bladefans@Mar 25 2006, 03:44 AM
Has anyone been able to find a black doublet that looks close?
[snapback]1212966[/snapback]​

Nope. :( However, I'm attempting to at least track down the fabric (or something VERY close) and I may have found a suitable pattern that would work. If/when I finalize these discoveries, I'll be sure to share it right here.

On the site it has a discussion on the fabrics and the costume lady said that V's fabrics were made from replica fabrics from the 1900's I believe. So perhaps someone should try and track down a company that replicates those fabrics.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back