Update.. Countdown Timer, Added Comp Gauntlet, And Cannon Arm Wip

Nice job Dave!!

You may want to use the rectangular LEDS that Elk showed.

Also if you want to be accurate each section has segments that interact with each other.

Best I have seen!

Should be proud.

Cary

Thanks Cary , Elkman

i am using the rectagular LED's 2x5mm. I cant find 2x10mm led's anywhere and the led's on that site are no diffrent thats why im using two put together. thank for the link Elkman ive been to that site many times. Lots of cool stuff there
the led's i get are form here http://cgi.ebay.ca/100-x-LED-Red-Diffused-...=item20b5a2531e

I like the idea of each section has segments that interact with each other. will have to look into it. it already is a **** show of programing o_O what's a little more. HAHAHAHAH

Thanks everyone for the support

David

Thanks Cary , Elkman

i am using the rectagular LED's 2x5mm. I cant find 2x10mm led's anywhere and the led's on that site are no diffrent thats why im using two put together. thank for the link Elkman ive been to that site many times. Lots of cool stuff there
the led's i get are form here http://cgi.ebay.ca/100-x-LED-Red-Diffused-...=item20b5a2531e

I like the idea of each section has segments that interact with each other. will have to look into it. it already is a **** show of programing o_O what's a little more. HAHAHAHAH

Thanks everyone for the support

David

David,

Excellent work x 100

Each LED having its own control is best, even tho its a whole lotta code

And many thanks for posting that link for rectangular LEDs; the shop I get my LEDs from has a display... and of course the rectangular ones aren't stocked anymore :0

Have you looked into doing the board layout and sending out to have the circuit boards built, then you only have to stuff with components and solder.

ExpressPCB is where I get my boards from.
You download the board layout and schematic drawing programs from them, draw the schematic, import it to the layout, joggle things around, then order the boards from the link in the software.
Takes about a week or so to get the boards.

http://www.expresspcb.com/

---
Ei'luj

Like I said Dave, excellent work. If I ever need to incorporate a alphanumeric timer, going to ask you to do one.

Thanks Nik o_O

http://www.expresspcb.com/[/url]

---
Ei'luj

Thanks Ei'luj

its funny you mention that site because that's who I'm using to make my boards haha

been working on my control board for some time now and its looking good. once i have it done ill post some pic's
and of my new led segments as well

David

Hello Everyone ...... it has been to long since an update so here you go :p

all my buttons now have click, double click, click and hold functions

and i added SOUND oh yeah. I'm using an mp3 player that's controlled by the arduino. I also added servo control to open and close the comp lid. No video on that part as of yet. Still working out the bugs

Here is a video for your enjoyment sorry about the crappy web-cam quality.

th_Video17.jpg

Too cool David! You've put a whackload of time into that puppy and it real shows. Its wild seeing the led's but the sound just multiplies the coolness factor by ten!

David,

Great job on this, adding the sound is an excellent touch.

What servo are you using? Firgelli makes small actuators, but the lead time is loooooong on them... :p

---
Ei'luj

Hey Everyone

Time to bring this thread up to date i think :)

so here is where i'm at. My old segments that i made are no longer being used, I've been going back and forth on design ideas for some time now and think what i have now will work best.

each segment are smaller now and will fit many of the comp gauntlets out there ( i hope ) i used the gauntlet made by Gene (seahunterr) as reference so the segments will fit just right. They will still have all the functionality as mentioned in earlier posts as well i changed to different leds which you will see in my next video :cool:

My new PCB boards are due in next week and will get to work on them... lots of soldering to do .. oh yeah hahaha
3 boards are used per segment. led board , led driver chip board , and segment switch board. all controlled by an Arduino

progress pics and video to follow

David

What are the chances of the boards being available? I would be super interested in the bare boards, or even the files if your interested in selling any. I was also curious what program you designed them in. This has got to be one of the most awesome things I've seen in a while. I can't wait for more updates!

Brian

Boards are in

AWSOME!!!!!!! Time to get soldering
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back