Trying to Piece Together a Hunter Gunslinger From Destiny 2

Killrapture

Hello, i'm currently trying to piece together a Gunslinger armor set but I'm having some trouble finding certain pieces, specifically the boots and pants. I would rather not have to sew pants together but it seems that is my only real option at this point. Here are the reference images I'm using
Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_08_35 PM.png

I'm Male but I chose a female character (which unfortunately I didn't foresee this being a problem for cosplay).
Here is the full rotation for screenshots. Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_08_40 PM.png Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_08_40 PM.png Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_08_48 PM.png Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_09_55 PM.png Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_09_59 PM.png Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_10_04 PM.png Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_10_09 PM.png

For the armor I figured I would go with making it out of EVA foam, as it seems the most practical. I have someone on Etsy willing to make the cloak, and the arm armor shouldn't be too difficult to create. My biggest problem is going to be the under shirt, boots, and pants, (I found a decent mask on Evike.com). The only boots that I find match the look of the boots here are motorcross boots that would run me upwards of $250. Does anyone have suggestions that might help my search?

Pants look like they have chaps over them.
So basicly 2 pairs of pants but the outer has the entire crotch area removed.

Look at the area just above the boot and you can see it's open and loose from the inner pants.

Even if you can sew that costume is not going to be cheap or easy.
Lots of heavy layered materials.

For the heavy canvas you could probably get a drop cloth and dye it, but then there is the full patterning and sewing.

For the boots I suggest finding shoes that closely match them and making some gaiters to go over the top of them and complete the boot. This should be indistinguishable and be much easier to make. You can even match the seam of the boot by putting the zipper for the gaiters on the inside. The spurs and metal triangle on the boot should be able to be made out of foam or 3d printed for better resolution. You are probably aware but you can download destiny files, weapons and armor, from the http://www.destinystlgenerator.com/ and deconstruct them into blue prints using Pepekura (a free software). Let me know if you have anymore questions.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back