Trying to Piece Together a Hunter Gunslinger From Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Killrapture, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Killrapture

Killrapture New Member

Hello, i'm currently trying to piece together a Gunslinger armor set but I'm having some trouble finding certain pieces, specifically the boots and pants. I would rather not have to sew pants together but it seems that is my only real option at this point. Here are the reference images I'm using Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_08_35 PM.png
    I'm Male but I chose a female character (which unfortunately I didn't foresee this being a problem for cosplay).
    Here is the full rotation for screenshots. Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_08_40 PM.png Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_08_40 PM.png Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_08_48 PM.png Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_09_55 PM.png Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_09_59 PM.png Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_10_04 PM.png Destiny 2 2_20_2019 9_10_09 PM.png

For the armor I figured I would go with making it out of EVA foam, as it seems the most practical. I have someone on Etsy willing to make the cloak, and the arm armor shouldn't be too difficult to create. My biggest problem is going to be the under shirt, boots, and pants, (I found a decent mask on Evike.com). The only boots that I find match the look of the boots here are motorcross boots that would run me upwards of $250. Does anyone have suggestions that might help my search?

2. division 6

division 6 Master Member

Pants look like they have chaps over them.
    So basicly 2 pairs of pants but the outer has the entire crotch area removed.

Look at the area just above the boot and you can see it's open and loose from the inner pants.

Even if you can sew that costume is not going to be cheap or easy.
    Lots of heavy layered materials.

For the heavy canvas you could probably get a drop cloth and dye it, but then there is the full patterning and sewing.

3. division 6

division 6 Master Member

For the shoulder plate you can probably find some tactical pieces from just about any army surplus store.