TrooperTrent Holiday Special Lightsaber Series

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

3AC447FA-96B8-4470-9A50-7C3DB52C1169.jpeg

Well this is darn exciting!! I even ordered an NOS RCA transistor to chop down as my “button” cap. Super anxious to get this installed!! Thanks for the ongoing work, guys!!

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It’s so wicked... I got mine still in the box need to clear hard drive space so I can record this sucker when I open it

Trooper_trent

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I just got my 2773 in the mail and I'm super excited to start making this into something. Are there still kits available?
Yep. see the first post here

Gregatron

Sr Member
Finally got a chance to get the new box together, with the aid of Halliwax’s tutorial.

I did, however, order some 8mm capacitors to the replace the printed one, for that extra touch of authenticity.

I did, however, order some 8mm capacitors to the replace the printed one, for that extra touch of authenticity.

FWIW, I bought an NOS RCA transistor on Ebay for a few bucks, and it's a perfect fit, as well as having what looks to be the same type of circular text on the zoomed in pics of the call box. It's also 8.2mm wide, so I'd bet my bottom dollar it's one of these vintage tophat transistors, not a capacitor. It just needs to be sanded down to the correct height!

1599513795900.jpeg

Gregatron

Sr Member
I just ordered a few of those same transistors to compare with the capacitors and the Obi-Wan transistor replicas I also ordered (for a clean/idealized look). We’ll see which one works best.

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
FWIW, I bought an NOS RCA transistor on Ebay for a few bucks, and it's a perfect fit, as well as having what looks to be the same type of circular text on the zoomed in pics of the call box. It's also 8.2mm wide, so I'd bet my bottom dollar it's one of these vintage tophat transistors, not a capacitor. It just needs to be sanded down to the correct height!

View attachment 1346005

Very cool!

SinkTube Jedi

I know this is a old thread. Wow 20 years ago give or take, a fellow RPFer and I tried to figure this out. Seems we were out done.
I give those here props!
Holidays are around the corner.

Maybe it is time to do another run because I am in!

teecrooz

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know this is a old thread. Wow 20 years ago give or take, a fellow RPFer and I tried to figure this out. Seems we were out done.
I give those here props!

Trent has parts available here:

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I give those here props!

Welcome back buddy I remember you :p

Gregatron

Sr Member
Received the RCA transistor. Looks pretty dead-on to me. Instead of trimming it down, I just widened the hole in the control box to accommodate it (making sure the thickness of the box wall was just right so as to keep the transistor from sitting too high or too low), then E6000ed it into place. Once it’s cured, I’ll attach the box to the saber, and call this one done.

Amazing work, people.

Trooper_trent

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It just occurred to me -- the guys making the Holiday Special couldn't get any parts of the saber right except the grips, the one part we can't source a vintage match for!
to be honest, I'm not even sure the grips are the same. Some pics make them look like something completely different and there are ZERO good shots of them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were windshield wipers or something.

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
to be honest, I'm not even sure the grips are the same. Some pics make them look like something completely different and there are ZERO good shots of them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were windshield wipers or something.

100% agree I don’t believe they used the same track

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.