Tron Legacy Costume

Just wondering....would anyone be interested in the printed hex fabric from the actual Company that made the costumes for Legacy? I work there from time to time and found that they have a surplus sitting around they might want to sell. No word on price, but I mentioned I would bring it to the masses and see if there is any interest.

Um, I'm totally broke but I've been truly considering making a pre-Rinzler tron costume. As far as I know, no other women have done this, and I think Tron is awesome, so why not? :D If you could get a quote and reply to me (or send me a message) I would love to at least have an idea of cost. That way I know at least what I'm looking at starting cost wise. Thank you for your very kind offer!

Just wondering....would anyone be interested in the printed hex fabric from the actual Company that made the costumes for Legacy? I work there from time to time and found that they have a surplus sitting around they might want to sell. No word on price, but I mentioned I would bring it to the masses and see if there is any interest.

Here is a picture
[url]https://c4.staticflickr.com/9/8072/30029884235_c1d8c40509_z.jpg[/URL]Resized952016093095131709 by Mal Keller, on Flickr

The usable size is 17" x 27" I'm told it can take as much as 6 panels to make a full costume. The price is $150 per panel of fabric. Depending on demand, they might be able to get more made from the original manufacturer.

What say you? ACTUAL fabric from Tron Legacy, for your costume. Pretty cool.

Gods, if it weren't for the price I'd absolutely be in on plenty of it. Been wanting to make a TRON-styled purse and coat for a long time, in addition to a suit. To be clear, I don't think the price is too high, it's right at what I expected, just not something I can afford.

For quite a while I have been working on a Tron Legacy Sam Flynn costume with full EL lighting. This culminated in it being finished and used this weekend,

I will produce a full write up in full course, and aim to do a proper photoshoot to show it off at it's best but wanted to share it here as the RPF has been really useful in the design , and in particular this thread.

The suit is primarily plastazote foam fabricated onto a cotton lycra undersuit with the EL panels velcroed on and inverter and battery in the back. The identity disk was cast in GRP from a silicone mould with the disk modelled out of MDF.

Boots are UD replicas I was lucky to find cheaply in my size. The helmet is Rinzler- so not strictly correct! It's a Crimson490 cast sold on here that turned out really well.

Glow 5.jpg

Gods, if it weren't for the price I'd absolutely be in on plenty of it. Been wanting to make a TRON-styled purse and coat for a long time, in addition to a suit. To be clear, I don't think the price is too high, it's right at what I expected, just not something I can afford.
I just spoke with the shop again. They made me a deal, the new price is $140 a sheet, but they would drop it to $125 if 5 or more got in on a group buy or you buy 5 or more sheets at a time. Better price I hope?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just spoke with the shop again. They made me a deal, the new price is $140 a sheet, but they would drop it to $125 if 5 or more got in on a group buy or you buy 5 or more sheets at a time. Better price I hope?

Damn, that is really cool!

I'm finally started working on my Identity Disk mod last week. Still have some work on that and then I'll only have the shell finished including Soulintertia's upgrade kit (rings and bezels only) :)
Then comes the pricey bit when I purchase all the electronics I have planned to put in (going the Plecterlabs route).

Starting on (buying stuf for) the suit is planned for later this year depending on the finances. The total cost for the Identity Disk will be around €500,- no including the cost of the tools I used/needed.
Still, I wanted a realistic result and that costs money so think the suit will probably cost me a pretty penny too. So I don't mind the fabric not being cheap, also expected this like Kris Lyssara said. Never expected to be able to get the actual fabric though.

I plan on using a compression suit base and getting help from a friend who is very proficient with sowing (she does cosplay costumes as a business). Considering I will need quite a lot of panels I'll start saving up :)
Hopefully it'll still be possible to get the fabric by the time I'm financially ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh hey guess who got the design for the next iteration of the cosplay aside from the jacket and helmet redone from the ground up

unknown.png
VgjaZrm.png

it me (commissioned concept pic from a fandom pal and a diff friend doing the orthographic views on commish, i helped a little bit with design cues and style)

I start work on patterning tomorrow. EVA foam + plastidip + lots of elbow grease, and kwik seal, and barge cement, and.... you get the picture. I'll post pics when I have anything worth showing off! I also printed off the helmet mold positive a while ago, it just took me ages to get around to devoting so much printer time to it. Just need to bind the chunks together, apply XTC-3D and then sand the hell out of it.

Last edited:
I wasn't happy with the geometry.

8ed0c4ac08.jpg

So I redid it completely for better accuracy and ease of assembly (I split the model into segments so it plays nicer with Armorsmith's patterning methods). Sleep on your designs folks, you may get something better out of it! The gauntlets in the concept would be too much of a challenge for my novice self, so I'm doing bracers and will put gloves on underneath. Might try to work out some way to mount a phone case to my left one for psuedo-pipboy action, haha. Just gotta pattern out the boot covers as well and we're in business. I have all the supplies I need now!

Man I wish you'd posted this 6 years ago when the movie came out and I made my Quorra costume ;)

da0b7b4a42.jpg

I was sick of having to shell out for expensive toy discs to gut them in the end anyway so I've been remaking the disc outer shell that's compatible with SoulInertia's kit (or at least I hope so - I had to reverse engineer the shell measurements from the official toy, and as his kit works with that, hopefully they'll fit).

Woo, Fusion 3D.

e00e256c75.jpg

In armorsmith news, Mk. III of my cosplay progresses apace for ECCC. I have no photos but I will later after the con, I'm down to the wire on this.

Regarding the fabric. Not sure if anyone is needing it but you can get this on Spoonflower.com. I ordered an 8"x8" sample and got it in the mail this week. It's normally $37/yard for Sport Lycra, which is expensive but worth it. I'll be getting some on order soon now that I know it looks good. The only thing I don't like is it's printed on a white background, so if you stretch it a certain way, it lightens the hex. But you shouldn't be putting that much stress on the pattern anyway.

https://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/6703143-tron-hex-suit-fabric-female-by-knilaros

Just started working on a new Identity Disc mod. This one has color changing capabilities controlled by remote and I'm hoping to make it USB rechargeable. Still in the early prototype phase, but here is a quick demo vid:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back