Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Review *spoilers*

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and....meh.

Let me go and give an over all idea of what I think:

The first film was okay and a pretty good way to get the series on the big screen live action but it had some problems and I could see any sequels could get ugly.

Two was twice the meh and double the explosions,Bay seems to focus on the pretty 'splosions so much he has a time making a decent flick,I actually walked out on the last half hour of the film.

And now we have three~better then two,slightly worse then one,it's good as it has some good action and one hell of an ending but it's bad in the fact that the first hour and a half is dumb humor and LeBoufi being....well LeBouif (and I can't spell his name,so shoot me!) I REALLY am starting to dislike that boy :confused

Now we come to my one major gripe.....

I thought and would have loved to see the Decepticons get Cybertron here and proclaim VICTORY! only to find out the Autobots had won in everybody's absence from their homeworld,that would have been funny and would leave a nice opening for a fourth flick,but Bay just wanted some dumb humor and all those pretty 'splosions so he made a hack job of a movie.

Not bad,but be sure to shut your brain all the way off when you go to see it,otherwise your head may explode :confused and to be honest if you go watch just the last hour you'll see all you need to :lol

One hope I have if they make a fourth film:

Get rid of Bay and get rid of LeBouif,set it about ten years in the future (or twenty) and get some older actor to play Spike,Bring in Galvatron and some other badarse Decepticons and bring Cybertron back somehow,maybe find out it's been dropped on the edge of our galactic system.

You could even have Rodiums Prime on Cybertron as the defacto leader of the Autobots in Optimus Prime's absence.

Then forget the second film exists and the first hour of the third one and just roll from there :thumbsup

DOTM hit a BILLION dollars!

WHAAAAAAT????

...Now that I think about it, Harry Potter's Deathly Hallows part 1 grossed more than Sorcerer's Stone, but Sorcerer's Stone sold more tickets. It's probably not only inflated prices, but that overpriced 3D glasses "rental".

Last edited:
Prime in the 80's cartoon hesitated when Megatron pleaded for mercy. but when Sentinel, his mentor and father figure, asks for mercy he kills him without thinking twice. this movie made Prime more on the dark side which is not in his character at all.

and the new little blonde girl calling Megatron "Sentinel's *****" did nothing for me. Megatron would have crushed her and then gone after Sentinel.

the wreckers. even if they are "a pain in the ass", the Fallen was going to destroy the freakin sun. they gave Jar Jar a weapon and put that idiot up front even though they didn't like him. you call those wreckers.

i'm just tired of the following films forgetting about rules set in place in the previous film. "we were going to rendezvou on Earth" when at the start of the first film Prime says the cube went to an unknown planet. doesn't all mesh.

so much more wrong, but i'm tired of putting my brain power toward this film. is sucked ass. only my completionist OCD will make me buy this movie on Bluray

Spoilers: basically I don't like the way megatron sat on his butt for half the movie, hes really weak at the moment, but come on! He bounced back from death! It may have been good in one way cause it showed the damage optimus dealt in the second film. I think the second film had a better ending than the third, as a fan of the series and the stories I wulda liked more closure instead of a few lines from optimus, what happens to sam? And what do the autobots do with the war over? Because the space bridge closed with cybertron half way through is cybertron now completely destroyed? Lastly I don't like te way megatron conveniently intervened when optimus was about to die, and when bumblebee was about to half his head shot off by soundwave who convienently waiting long enough to be hit by a price of debris however i loved the soundtrack and the darkness of the film, i just wish optimus finally realises his full power like the second one to kill multiple enemies, not like he randomly somehow gets up an kills ( as well, why was sentinel sided with megatron who basically started the war for the allspark and destroyed cybertron in the first place, an why does megatron want cybertron back? He's never really cared about it before?) who just saved him :) loved the movie though. One last thing iron hide basically saves sentinel from the deceptons after him (well I don't know why they were after him if he made a deal with them but whatever) then he gets shot in the back and melts, he isn't even mentioned throughout the rest of the movie, wth? Optimus shulda said more at the end like the first one

Last edited:
I finally saw this movie and it was okay. I still don't think they know whether they are making a kids movie or an adult movie. They've got characters acting goofy, then they throw in an F-Bomb. BTW, since when can you say **** in a PG-13 movie? I also thought the Transformers with hair were freaking stupid. At least make them hoses or something that make you think hair, but aren't hair. That was dumb. Oh that Rosie chick didn't impress me before seeing the movie, but the accent bumped her from a 7 to an 8 IMO. :lol

One thing that bugs me is that the movie makes it hard to identify some of the background Transformers. Who was the autobot Ferrari? Was the SLR Mercedes Barricade? My 8yo. nephew (who I let watch it thinking that ***** was the worst language...) thought it was Barricade.

The Mercedes is Soundwave
Rosie-Huntington1-300x187.jpg

the Ferrari is Dino named after the creator Alfredo aka Alfredino "Dino" Ferrari, his named was supoposed to be Mirage but not surwewhy they changed it.

There is a barricade near the end he's next to Soundwave but is white instead of black.

Yea Sentniel looks the same in his protoform version, not sure about that one though

I finally saw this movie and it was okay. I still don't think they know whether they are making a kids movie or an adult movie. They've got characters acting goofy, then they throw in an F-Bomb. BTW, since when can you say **** in a PG-13 movie? I also thought the Transformers with hair were freaking stupid. At least make them hoses or something that make you think hair, but aren't hair. That was dumb. Oh that Rosie chick didn't impress me before seeing the movie, but the accent bumped her from a 7 to an 8 IMO. :lol

One thing that bugs me is that the movie makes it hard to identify some of the background Transformers. Who was the autobot Ferrari? Was the SLR Mercedes Barricade? My 8yo. nephew (who I let watch it thinking that ***** was the worst language...) thought it was Barricade.

autobot ferrari was dino (with his stupid italian accent), slr was soundwave. what i thought was cool was laserbeak sits on his arm at one point.

Why was Sentinel Prime already in vehicle mode when he had not been to Earth?

cause sentinel had read the script so he knew he had to be a truck. the same reason now megatron is a truck also. more bad lazy writing from the writers/michael bay.

I'm still not sure how Soundwave and Laserbeak got from Africa to the U.S, he says "Laserbeak, kill them all" next they both in D.C in the following scene

Depending on the balance of violence, sex and other language you can get away with a couple of 'f' bombs in PG-13.

The movie looked great and sounded even better at home, but I didn't really enjoy the movie as a whole.

Why are they (the transformers) all dinged up with paint scapes in robot form but pristine in car form? Bad film making or is it something in the design of the beast. I know which way I'm voting...

Brian

My brother suspects their full image is partial hologram. I noticed Bee all scraped up in part 1 then leaves Hoover Dam all shiny and new, it runs through my mind all the time on all 3 movies

BTW, what happen to the hologram drivers from the first movie? Several times you could see empty cars driving around.

We only saw hologram drivers in Blackout and Barricade, the former being a case of throwing the actual pilot into the film. Probably they felt it would be unnecessary to have holographic drivers. I would rather they just skipped them unless necessary or it was Peter Cullen as Prime's holo-driver.

Just saw this movie this afternoon and all I can say is 'wow'. :eek

When I saw Transformers 2 I was convinced that it would be the ultimate low in Michael Bay's career. Never imagined that he could top that in terms of sheer stupidity and incoherence. 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' was more well thought out and paced, and I can honestly say that without the slightest hint of sarcasm or irony.

It really was that bad.

Usually Bay's movies are like a stitched together collection of 3 minute scenes that have no relevance to each other and only make sense on their own. But this time he didn't even have that. Even the 3 minute segments were a complete mess.

This wasn't just a bad movie. It was incompetent and inept on a completely staggering level.

I am honestly dumbstruck. :eek

Just saw this movie this afternoon and all I can say is 'wow'. :eek

When I saw Transformers 2 I was convinced that it would be the ultimate low in Michael Bay's career. Never imagined that he could top that in terms of sheer stupidity and incoherence. 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' was more well thought out and paced, and I can honestly say that without the slightest hint of sarcasm or irony.

It really was that bad.

Usually Bay's movies are like a stitched together collection of 3 minute scenes that have no relevance to each other and only make sense on their own. But this time he didn't even have that. Even the 3 minute segments were a complete mess.

This wasn't just a bad movie. It was incompetent and inept on a completely staggering level.

I am honestly dumbstruck. :eek

I finally manned up to buy the Bluray (cheap) and watched this mess. And I must say. Nothing could have prepared me for this. On one level, I must admit , there are a lot of nice pictures (of course) and even some decent acting in this film :O
But talk about mess. Is there anything in this movie that is based on anything resembling logic? I think I had a small WTF moment in every scene in the whole movie... There are so many plot holes and so much fridge logic, unnecessary fight scenes, unnecessary side plots, illogical plot movers, insane violence (not to mention completely unnecessary) weird useless plans, that doesn't matter at all, insanely incomplete writing, and did I mention unnecessarily bad cutting an editing (stuff that would take days takes seconds, stuff that should take seconds takes hours). I can't remember one time in the movie that anyone except Frances McDormand did anything that was logical given the circumstance of the very scene they were in ?
(one character beautifully lampshades this as they are near the top of a BROKEN IN HALF SKYSCRAPER, as he mentions getting up there was hell...)
But it still looks awesome :D ...
This is not the worst movie I have seen.
This is a compilation of fragments of the best made 300 worst movies of all times ;)
Did I mention that any plan made by any transformer in this movie has been made while that very transformer was either frozen on earth, or in a coma on the moon. Not to mention, how much of the stuff in this movie cancels out everything from the first two, and vice versa?

It's a movie about cars that turn into giant fighting robots and you expect it to have LOGIC.

REALLY!?!?!

Can't we have just one series of movies that don't get compared to Shakespeare or a some great directorial movie.

Can't we just have some fun at the movies.

Transformers 3 delivered 100% on the promise it made me in the trailer: hot Neil-and-Buzz-versus-robots-on-the-moon and Rosie Huntington-Whitely's tushie in 3D. Well worth the ticket.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back