Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Review *spoilers*

Did you guys see this???? Posted a few days ago, so apologies if it's old news.

Clips from TF3 ripped off from "The Island"... as in actual shots that appeared in "The Island" were re-used and inserted robot action! WOW! Is there any legal problem with this? Dunno off the bat what studio produced "The Island"

Transformers 3 Rips Off Scene's From The Island Video

Yeap, Look at post #66.

The island was Michael Bays movie too so I guess he was just saving some money so he could turn and give us even more annoying robots.......

Someone had said too that many of the battleship scenes were from
Pearl Harbor. I aven't seen that film all the way through so I can't
verify it.

Great film! Really entertaining, the girlfriend looked hot but was really, really wishy washy in her feelings for Sam. "Oh, I love you and can't handle losing you, so I'm leaving." As if that makes what he's about to do, and the possibility of him dying nonexistent. Lame.

The most unbelievable part of the film for me was the scenes inside the collapsing building.

But yeah.. it was a great entertaining film and the best of the 3. The comedy in the first half helped soften the darkness of the second a bit.

Last edited:
Yeap, Look at post #66.

The island was Michael Bays movie too so I guess he was just saving some money so he could turn and give us even more annoying robots.......

Someone had said too that many of the battleship scenes were from
Pearl Harbor. I aven't seen that film all the way through so I can't
verify it.

Apparently the reason for this is a serious one..

Transformers 3 Re-Uses Car Crash From The Island - Movies Feature at IGN

An extra 'Gabriella Cedillo' was badly injuired when they were filming that section of the movie. But Bay still needed the shot. He closed down filming there out of respect to the extra and their family and got the footage from The Island which he got the SFX guys to edit to fit in with the movie? That's what I read anyway..

An extra 'Gabriella Cedillo' was badly injuired when they were filming that section of the movie. But Bay still needed the shot. He closed down filming there out of respect to the extra and their family

At least that's one count of respect he's given a woman involved with these Transformers movies.

Just saw this movie and I really enjoyed it. The new girlfriend was much better than Megan Fox, I could actually see what was going on in the action scenes, there were a few surprises that I couldn't see coming a mile away (poor Ironhide), Patrick Dempsey was great, etc.

No, it wasn't fantastic, but for what I was expecting based off the first two movies, I was pleasantly surprised.

Anyone else notice that they gave the blue wrecker a robot mullett? LOL.

It's even on the toy version.

It's all Business in the front, and a Party in the back................... :lol

I thought the first two TF movies were among the most poorly written and directed major films I've ever seen. Damned if I didn't really enjoy this third one though. Pretty much all the issues were dealt with: it wasn't TOO pandering to teens (kids didn't save the planet), it wasn't stunningly racist, the product placement was more gentle, the plot pacing/exposition was solid, I could TELL WHO WAS WHO when two robots fought, and I understood what was at stake, and cared. A good popcorn movie that I wasn't mad I wasted money on.

I enjoyed the movie for what it was, and I found it to be MUCH better than the previous films... especially Revenge of the Fallen. Much like what others have said, the story was definitely fleshed out far better than the last two movies, and I'm so glad the fight/action scenes were shot so you could see what was going on.

Although there were a few problems scattered throughout the film, two things bothered me in particular:

1) We saw Bumblebee save Sam and Lennox as they were fighting Starscream(?). Then we saw the Bee-otch captured with the Einstein autobot. How/when did that happen!?!?!

2) Why doesn't Michael Bay know how to craft an ending anymore? I really liked the ending to the first film. But the second was so awkward. And the ending to Dark of the Moon was so ridiculously abrupt. The battle was won, and that's it? Couldn't he have the heroes bask in the glory of victory for just a little while? Couldn't he give Sam some real recognition from Frances McDormand's character and have him get that important government job he wanted so badly? I'm pretty sure he could have cut out 5 minutes out of that 40 minute climax to tie things up? (Although I do admit, the entire Chicago sequence was pretty awesome)

Need some major help- Does anyone happen to have any screen caps of the green 88 (Roadbuster) wrecker? I'm trying to build one and there's really only one drawing/render of the whole Bot mode and the toys don't really come close. Any help would be grrrrreat!!!

A few things bug me about the ending of the movie... Brains and Wheelie take out the ship and save the Autobots and the humans are happy that they can help defeat the main Decepticons.

But thats just ONE ship out of like 10. And that's just Megatron and the MAIN bad guys. There's still the protoform Decepticons that were taking everyone out and maybe some who transformed to hide. Sure they killed Meg and Sentinel, there's still a whole army throughout the city. It shows Prime standing over their bodies, The End. The end? What!?

There's still a fight to be totally won, another ship coulda taken out Prime, Sam, and the rest of the good guys right after Prime's little ending speech. I just hope there's more scenes added cuz it all didn't add up to me

I thought when the pillar was destroyed that the remaining Decepticons who had transported to Earth were sucked back through along with Cybertron?

Oh i just read that on themoviespoiler.com, guess so haha! It says whoever came through it got sucked back but any other Decepticon who wasn't transported to Earth weren't affected. It shows em get sucked back for maybe 2 seconds then back to Megatron/Sentinel/Optimus showdown

Last edited:
I do love this movie I thought it totally redeemed the franchise again since the second movie was a monstrosity in most people's opinion. Even the second one was not terrible they could have just left out a significant number of very childish and stupid scenes, The wrecking balls come to mind could have been left on the cutting room floor.

Such a dark movie that makes the autobots so unlikeable and annoying. Nowhere near as bad as the mom character though. Simply awful.

I loved this movie! Just had to see it, mostly because every time I saw the trailers I got major chills. Really great movie!! Didn't get to see it in 3-D but I saw it in the theater and just loved it. =D

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back