tim's mass effect armor progress

You are just amazing!

I was just wondering, is there any chance you could send or release the modified files for your IM build. I have started my own build and yesterday built the bicep and its a snug fit and would like the flexability of foam.

Thanks,
Derick

I'm not sure if you've already answered this, but it's 1 in the morning and I'm a little too tired to sift through the 4 pages of replies to check, but the thing I'm most interested in is how you made some of the surface of the ME armor more smooth and darker. Did you just carve the bumpy surface away?

By the way, it looks AMAZING and you've inspired me to try to make my own. That's why I want to know about the dark surfaces.

hey guys the patterns for the mass effects are posted on the 405th forum not by me but by another member the patterns were made by yodajammies though not the member that posted them. also mostly finished on my ironman I made a video here of the first time wearing it. if you like the video like it and leave a comment also please subscribe

http://youtu.be/Lr3dkKeS4Fo

I now only buy the premium low-hi temp from them.

I'm getting started on a similar project, so I wanted to ask a couple of stupid questions in this regard. :$

1) Which temperature do you glue these at - high or low? I'd guess low, but the few times I've tried hot glue on a project it's always fallen apart, so this is not my forte.

2) The site you linked doesn't list a 'premium' glue. Is it just any low-hi glue not marked as 'economy', or do you have to contact them and specially request it?

3) Do you have a ballpark on how much glue you go through, per suit?

1) Which temperature do you glue these at - high or low? I'd guess low, but the few times I've tried hot glue on a project it's always fallen apart, so this is not my forte.
You want to use high temp. The hot glue actually bonds the foam together. The foam tears before the glue lets go.

2) The site you linked doesn't list a 'premium' glue. Is it just any low-hi glue not marked as 'economy', or do you have to contact them and specially request it?
I just use AdTech multi temp glue. Some people swear by Surebonder or others but I imagine it really does not matter as long as it is high temp.

3) Do you have a ballpark on how much glue you go through, per suit?
You will use more glue attaching straps to the foam than you do actually gluing foam together. A 24 pack of AdTech full size 10" glue sticks will last quite a while.

Your armor is so detailed! I love what you've done with your builds, they look movie quality!

Did you dremel in all of those patterns on the armor or did you use separate pieces?

It's coming out nicely! Makes me excited to see how the one I'm helping work on is coming out. Great job and look forward to seeing the results! :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back