"the wolfman" costume......WIP full costume test page 7

Re: "the wolfman" costume......WIP

thanks, guys/////

more teeth WIP pics!! roger is doing the teeth and he rocks!
418385_10150731119962845_725762844_11777616_103880796_n.jpg

425361_10150731120012845_725762844_11777617_1771091030_n.jpg

This is so amazing. I wish I had this kind of talent. I'll be keeping an eye on this project for sure.

thanks, guys.

here is the leg molds finished. i still have to clean all that clay out.... :(

002-146.jpg

here is the torso WIP, the front is almost done and still working on the back. i have about 5 hours in the whole torso sculpt. i am not going to get crazy detailed with it because the torso will be covered in hair with a shirt and a vest covering it. the torso is sculpt from wed clay, large sculpts wed clay, small sculpts hard oil based clay........

i do want the center of the chest to be super detailed because it will be exposed.
005-85.jpg

004-114.jpg

someone show some love and rate this thread....i want stars too...........:love:love

when i am casting silicone , i make fiberglass molds. i put 3 layers of clear gelcoat then 3-5 layers of kitty hair fiberglass on. basicly, if you are making soft stuff, hard molds , if you are making hard stuff , soft molds.

if you are casting in latex you have to use a stone mold, ie hydracal..... when you cast silicone you can use urathane resins for your molds.

thanks, guys. i am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this one, as oon as i get the legs and chest cast i can get measurements for the cloths!!

if you are making soft stuff, hard molds , if you are making hard stuff , soft molds.

Never had a problem casting silicone in silicone molds, as long as the whole tin and platinum thing doesn't come into play. I was just curious as I had seen a few people making silicone masks with silicone molds and fiberglass backing.

my plo mold is silicone. but fiberglass is cheaper and faster than silicone molds. that is the reason i use them every chance i get.

You need more than stars for this thread....you need a cookie:)

This is some insane workmanship going into this build. I remember seeing you start up with that odst on the 405th a few years ago, and that came out great. I love seeing a good werewolf costume, but the thing that makes or breaks them is the fur. And the hair on that mask looks perfect.

I think im liking this more than your Plo koon, and I bloody loved that thread :eek

Welsh

my plo mold is silicone. but fiberglass is cheaper and faster than silicone molds. that is the reason i use them every chance i get.

I'll certainly keep that in mind! I put of a mold this weekend because the silicone I ordered on Tuesday didn't ship until Friday.

Did I like this remake? No
Did I like Rick Baker's Wolf-Man? Hell yes
Do I Like this build so far? You Bet'cha effin' arse!

moose, i do take request sometimes.....

thanks, welsh and notso, you are too kind and thanks for following my work. comments on my builds keep me going, here in the great state of alabama very few folks recognize the work that goes into this stuff.

small update, torso is being molded as we speak, the casting will be made foam encased in silicone. soama foam.....it is a silicone cold foam and it sets crazy fast........like under 45 seconds, you have to do in sections...

so that is the last piece of this costume to be sculpted then off to the races with paint , hair and cloths....

I love the chest. I have a mannequin chest I dis a molded leather piece on but need a lot more definition because I'm putting a morph suit over it.

This chest piece you did help me get some sculpting ideas.

geez so amazing , i am completely in love with werewolves ..... i need to figure out how to subscribe to this...... GOT IT , subscribed , you are damn talented !

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back