The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

Totally agree here just gotta have patience's and with Covid / shortages just need even more patience's. The Wand Company is great at communications. When they are ready to put information out to the masses they will just hang tuff. Like many here have said totally worth the wait for sure.

The Wand Company Check List:
Star Trek Rock Mood Light:: Cha Ching!... I mean Check!
Star Trek Communicator:: Check!
Star Trek Communicator Re-Issue:: Check!!! Never hurts to have another right?
Star Trek Phaser:: Check!
Star Trek Phaser Re-Issue:: Not yet but if they DO!! BET UR BUTT CHECK!! hint, hint

Star Trek Tricorder:: Ready tractor beam to LOCK ON whenever pre orders go live and then CHECK!!!.....LOL!!!

Last edited:
Totally agree here just gotta have patience's and with Covid / shortages just need even more patience's. The Wand Company is great at communications. When they are ready to put information out to the masses they will just hang tuff. Like many here have said totally worth the wait for sure.

The Wand Company Check List:
Star Trek Communicator:: Check!
Star Trek Communicator Re-Issue:: Check!!! Never hurts to have another right?
Star Trek Phaser:: Check!
Star Trek Phaser Re-Issue:: Not yet but if they DO!! BET UR BUTT CHECK!! hint, hint

Star Trek Tricorder:: Ready tractor beam to LOCK ON whenever pre orders go live and then CHECK!!!.....LOL!!!
You forgot the Mood Rock.

I think there was mention in the replies of TWC's blogs that the hurdles to a phaser reissue include a redesign of the electronics. Since it is manufactured primarily as a remote control, it would have to be in spec with current television sets. This would likely include new electronic components, so a reissue is a bit more cost and work than just using existing tooling and molds, as they did with the communicator rerelease.

Don't get me wrong, I would be right up front to buy one. Ok, more than one!

Last edited:
I think there was mention in the replies of TWC's blogs that the hurdles to a phaser reissue include a redesign of the electronics. Since it is manufactured primarily as a remote control, it would have to be in spec with current television sets. This would likely include new electronic components, so a reissue is a but more cost and work than just using existing tooling and molds, as they did with the communicator rerelease.

Don't get me wrong, I would be right up front to buy one. Ok, more than one!
Yep agree more cost to re-do the electronics. Totally agree buy one than another one for sure!! :p

Last edited:
Still concerned about the lack of regular updates. Just because you have a prototype does not mean it can be serially produced economically.

Still concerned about the lack of regular updates. Just because you have a prototype does not mean it can be serially produced economically.
I understand your concern, but with everything going on globally just have to buckle down with tons of patiences. Remember no one has paid for anything and no pre orders have been taken. We are all waiting for an update. I’am sure folks have emailed The Wand Company directly asking for info. Like any solid company when they have some info to release they will. My simple take is they don’t want to restate what they have said in the past. I am like most folks here relaxing and waiting. If your signed up for notifications for Tricorder on their website you will get the email with info like the rest us. I know easier said then done and many really just don’t have patiences I get it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back