The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

But why is the tricorder screen black when it’s off?? It is supposed to be that light bluish/gray color.
Like this picture.

Attachments

• 0FCD186F-9254-48C5-997E-9E0A5BF440BA.jpeg
    0FCD186F-9254-48C5-997E-9E0A5BF440BA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 128
Because it's not clear plastic that's been painted on the back.
oh, I was going to be the smart ass but you beat me to it! :lol:

Are there any updates on when this is coming out?

I'm sure there is something about it in these 30 pages, but I'm asking for the benefit of other lazy people too, not just my self. :)

I know there is a gimmick level attached the Wand prop recreations, but that's part of the companies USP I own the Phaser and Communicator mostly for display purposes, I was never bothered by the gimmicks and have registered for the Tricorder which will comes with a relativley hefty price tag ( around 300 us dollars ) for a toy. But the Wand props are well finished and the intent of the company is good.

So disappointing to see the delivery date slipping yet again to “by the end of next year.” But the whole global supply chain situation has badly deteriorated since the last regular email updates, so this is understandable… yet depressing. Still, I’m going to try the Brit thing and keep a stiff upper about the whole thing. If they could keep the regular updates and photos going, that would help my tricorder jones a bit…

So disappointing to see the delivery date slipping yet again to “by the end of next year.” But the whole global supply chain situation has badly deteriorated since the last regular email updates, so this is understandable… yet depressing. Still, I’m going to try the Brit thing and keep a stiff upper about the whole thing. If they could keep the regular updates and photos going, that would help my tricorder jones a bit…
Well the Communicator had multiple delays, lots of promises and missed launch dates and that was when supply chains and life operated pre covid, so no great surprises really, we just need to hang in there and I’m sure the wait ( how ever agonising it is ) will be worth the end results, I’m my Syked about this prop than any in recent years.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back