The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

I want an Away Set of all 3 props at a good price. Updated with the latest software tweaks of course.
But $300? That puts the complete set above $500. Too rich for my blood.

Hell I knew the cost was going to go up. Economics, shortages on parts, R&D design expenses, follow up redesign it all cost. Still a waiting and patience mission until they release key details.

I want an Away Set of all 3 props at a good price. Updated with the latest software tweaks of course.
A reissue of the phaser is not going to happen. They’ve been very clear about that on multiple occasions. The components have been obsolete and out of production for some time now (the phaser came out in 2014), so they’d have to redesign and redevelop the electronics from scratch. That’s not feasible given that they’d need a minimum run of 10K units, and there’s not enough demand for that many.

A phaser that doesn't control a TV but does make the 3 or 4 sounds heard on the show as you pull the trigger or twist the collet for self destruct would be enough for me. Call it Phaser V2 Limited Edition for the Away Set. Disposable talking greeting cards have the same amount of electronics in them so price is not the issue. Maybe TWC just isn't big enough to keep three plates spinning at the same time. Or, 3 products in development. Or, maybe they can't afford what the copyright holder wants for all 3. Who knows.

A dumbed down reissue of the phaser seems plausible considering the mood rock P1 they put out. Since something like 99.4% of the people that bought the phaser never used it as a TV remote even once that would reinforce it. As for sales volume, that would probably be the sticking point. Many collectors will snag a few of the re-releases and about half of the people complaining that they didn't get one on the previous go arounds will finally get theirs too...but that wouldn't be anywhere near the 10k units proposed to make a run viable for TWC. There's got to be ways to make it work.

The problem with that is that they don't have the license to produce replica's. Its a fine line but what they make are not replicas since they have real world applications such as a TV remote or bluetooth communicator. Even the mood rock P1 is not really a replica, its a mood rock.

TWC did not make a phaser, they made a TV remote in the shape of a phaser. Sorry if you cannot understand or accept the distinction, but as mentioned many times by multiple people TWC does not have a license to sell prop replicas. That is that. Accept it. Everybody who wants one now because they didn't buy one when it was available, well too bad so sad - should've bought it when you could. There are things I would buy right now today if they were available, but they are not and all the hoping/wishing for it doesn't change anything (in my case, the company that made ithem isn't even around anymore). So, remember this when the tricorder comes out, or a few years from now you might be kicking yourself again for not getting one of these too.

TWC did not make a phaser, they made a TV remote in the shape of a phaser. Sorry if you cannot understand or accept the distinction, but as mentioned many times by multiple people TWC does not have a license to sell prop replicas. That is that. Accept it.
Yep. So many people don't understand the miniscule details that come with the particular license you purchase. You pay for a license for a certain type of item, not a blanket license to produce ANYTHING associated to the property. If you buy a license to make 1/4 scale statues, That is what you make. You cannot make ANYTHING else you want, unless you go back and pay licenses for those items as well. If you buy a license to make a toy version of props from a film franchise, you cannot drift into making a prop replica of those items.

Last edited:
Hey, why stop there? While you’re wishing why not ask for brand new Delorean’s for under $5,000.00?

It's a great price and very few understand the commitment it takes to land a project like this.
That's after licensing, engineering, production (during a pandemic) hoop jumping with the studio from concept to box art...it's endless.

Good on them for even stepping up. (y)

I've gladly paid over 300.00 for good static kits over the years, so....can't wait!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back