The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

Granted at first glance they seem off somehow but I think we also need to wait to see them installed on the face plate to determine how good or bad they really are.

Granted at first glance they seem off somehow but I think we also need to wait to see them installed on the face plate to determine how good or bad they really are.
I think this shot shows that they look good overall. I do wish they watch crown bezels were a little more nickel-looking instead of chrome that matches the buttons, but it's a very small nit to pick.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210628-064547_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210628-064547_Gmail.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 141
I think this shot shows that they look good overall. I do wish they watch crown bezels were a little more nickel-looking instead of chrome that matches the buttons, but it's a very small nit to pick.
That shot is a rendering and not a picture of the real thing but if the final product looks like that then I agree.

I was just looking at my MR Tricorder and the jewels all look really good even though they are not real watch crowns. This is one of the few things that I'm a bit disappointed at but it will not stop me from buying it.

It’s all coming down shortages in the required components to assemble this bad boy and various company either not having the parts the lead time to get the is just to far out causing delays. Like Apollo said COVID-19 fraked everything up. At least they sent a solid email exposing everything. I really appreciate the detail emailed. At $300 it still a solid purchase.

The email sounded like they’ll be manufacturing enough to place pre orders. I may have to get two.
I'm planning on two as well. I'm hoping the second one fills the phaser-shaped hole in my heart left by the lack of a TWC phaser. Can't believe I didn't pony up for one of those when they were being produced.

I can beat that… Had to sell mine on eBay after my job was eliminated 2020. Even more sadly, it sold for $100.00… and now the prices…..
Yeah, the prices are crazy! After taking a look, you’d be lucky if you can score one as low as 500.00!

I paid around $400 or so for one of SD's TWC B&W's a number of years ago and now they would probably go for somewhere well over $1000. Prices of all Wand Company products have gone crazy.

I have to say, there are very few things I would pay for at this point in my life. I collected for over 30 years, built many, many prop kits, and sold off most of my collection a few years ago... but I think this is one I am gonna buy. If it ever comes out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back