The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

For those of you who have not checked out the latest Tricorder blog, Chris was asked if the Tricorder would come in a case similar to the Phaser and Communicator and his answer was no. They feel it would add to much to the cost and would rather spend all of the energy and time on making it the best Tricorder it can be. There will still be a box everything comes in that can be used for storage and the stand will be similar to the Phase and Communicator stands so they will at least match.

Last edited:
Agreed, I'm super happy the display stands will at least match, as that's where most of these will spend the vast majority of their lives.
Still, the cases were such a cool addition to the "in-universe" feel of everything. Can't say I'm not sad about that, and I'd gladly shell out the extra cash if it was included, but what we're getting is still just amazing and I'm absolutely thrilled with everything I'm seeing, so I cannot complain at all.

The case for my phaser and comm are still in the boxes and in storage since the day I bought them. I don’t even care if the box for the tricorder has artwork. Heck, they can send it in a plain brown shipper for all I care.
1625756854805.png

Woot, WOOT!! The lastest update talks about the cover swivel / battery build and construction and break down of the LCD / PCB section. Lots of great details and i also posted pics from the email. I am staying calm because there is the rule subject to change. However, its does looks great!
Here are the pics below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-060528_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-060528_Gmail.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_20210712-060535_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-060535_Gmail.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_20210712-060542_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-060542_Gmail.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20210712-060550_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-060550_Gmail.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20210712-060556_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-060556_Gmail.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20210712-060604_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-060604_Gmail.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20210712-060616_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-060616_Gmail.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 126
I appreciate them giving us updates but I'm at the point that I just want to see the finished prototypes and then the first ones off the production line. As much as I love my TWC Phaser and Communicator they made a few mistakes on both of them from the prototypes to the finished products. Now I just want to know that they have been able to build it and when I can pre-order it.

I appreciate them giving us updates but I'm at the point that I just want to see the finished prototypes and then the first ones off the production line. As much as I love my TWC Phaser and Communicator they made a few mistakes on both of them from the prototypes to the finished products. Now I just want to know that they have been able to build it and when I can pre-order it.
Looks like you're getting your wish--next update is "First shots--the mechanical build."

Looks like you're getting your wish--next update is "First shots--the mechanical build."
I saw that and I can't wait to see what it looks like. I think even more important will be the first few off of the production line as those will be the ones that determine what we will be getting. I just hope they don't have to do too much tweaking once production gets started. It turned out with both the Phaser and the Communicator that the later runs had minor corrections in them but I'm still going to pre-order as soon as they are available to do so.

I saw that and I can't wait to see what it looks like. I think even more important will be the first few off of the production line as those will be the ones that determine what we will be getting. I just hope they don't have to do too much tweaking once production gets started. It turned out with both the Phaser and the Communicator that the later runs had minor corrections in them but I'm still going to pre-order as soon as they are available to do so.
Hopefully with all the extra time due to the component backordering they'll have time to work those bugs out.

Hopefully with all the extra time due to the component backordering they'll have time to work those bugs out.
That is what I'm hoping too. I also hope they get the texture of the plastic parts closer to that of real kydex than they did with the Communicator. I know they said they were taking extra steps to do this and I was very happy to hear that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back