The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

I tried that out and got off the first planet, then literally never went back to it. I suppose I might check it out later, but it just felt...empty and without a real story. And the mechanics alone didn't grab me.
No Man's Sky is definitely different, I wasn't too sure about it at first but now I'm hooked. It's very much an open world game, the main story isn't that noticeable and the game really allows you to go at your own pace, following the main storyline only when you want to. Once you grasp the basic game mechanics it's a lot of fun, esp. if you enjoy exploring on your own, resource gathering, and base building.

No Man's Sky is definitely different, I wasn't too sure about it at first but now I'm hooked. It's very much an open world game, the main story isn't that noticeable and the game really allows you to go at your own pace, following the main storyline only when you want to. Once you grasp the basic game mechanics it's a lot of fun, esp. if you enjoy exploring on your own, resource gathering, and base building.
Yeah, I have a hard time getting into those kinds of games. Like, I've never finished an Elder Scrolls game, primarily because I just end up wandering around and feeling kinda lost. Plus, the stories don't usually really grab me. (Which is surprising, because the Fallout games' stories generally do.)

Sony just had their State of Play. Games shown:

1. Knights of the Old Republic Remake confirmed.
2. Project EVE
3. Borderlands Tiny Tina's Wonderland
4. Forspoken, game based on old PS5 tech demo.
5. Rainbow Six Extraction
6. Alan Wake Remastered
7. Grand Theft Auto V Remastered and GTA Online March 22nd
8. Ghostwire Tokyo
9. Guardians of the Galaxy
10. Vampire the Masquerade: Blood Hunt
11. Die, Die Again, Deathloop???
12. Tchia ??? Not even sure what that game is.
13. Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy Remastered for PS5 and PC.
14. Insomniac Games - Wolverine stand alone game.
15. Grand Turismo 7
16. Spiderman 2 coming 2023, featuring Venom and Miles Morales.
17. God of War Ragnarok

Last edited:
I see them all the time where I work.
R.17d08801a240ed1ca1fa70983f52d0a8.gif

Alright, let's cut to the chase. Name your price. I prefer the disc drive version but I'll take whatever you got.

I really really really hope they just update the graphics for KOTOR and don't mess with the story or design of the planets/characters/ships/etc. Just update the graphics, that's all you have to do... I can totally see Disney allowing them to completely redesign everything and destroying it. We'll probably have something connected to the Sequels jammed in there somewhere.

Anyone else have trouble playing one of your favorite games and because you've played it so many times you just want to stop? I haven't played Fallout 3 for at least a couple years and keep thinking "I should switch to New Vegas..." the whole time. The last time I tried playing the same thing happened, and while I still like it, I just think I played it way too much. It's to the point where I get some quest and I just think "Ugh, I don't want to deal with that...".

You just have to do an on line order at a Target store. (Ship to house or Ship to Store)
Or even go into a store and ask if there are any in stock then do an online order pick up ( they usually won't sell them over the counter.)

Sometimes they will hold stock for a special ad date.
A few months ago we had a full pallet of them.

Would be cool to get a ps5 but honestly not sure.

The big games of interest for me are guardians, Spiderman 2, Wolverine, and God of War R. Knights looks cool but it will hopefully come out for PC.

You just have to do an on line order at a Target store. (Ship to house or Ship to Store)
Or even go into a store and ask if there are any in stock then do an online order pick up ( they usually won't sell them over the counter.)

Sometimes they will hold stock for a special ad date.
A few months ago we had a full pallet of them.
In all seriousness I'm not in a hurry to buy PS5. I've been waiting for 1. More games to be released and 2. The chance of a slim or pro version. Thanks for the tip at Target though. So that pallet was floor stock or was a good portion of it online orders?

The big games of interest for me are guardians, Spiderman 2, Wolverine, and God of War R. Knights looks cool but it will hopefully come out for PC.
Looking forward to those as well, especially Insomniac developed Wolverine. I had heard that part of Insomniac's goal with Spider-Man was to use it as a proof of concept for a Marvel video game universe they would develop. Maybe this Wolverine game is the next step in that process.

In all seriousness I'm not in a hurry to buy PS5. I've been waiting for 1. More games to be released and 2. The chance of a slim or pro version. Thanks for the tip at Target though. So that pallet was floor stock or was a good portion of it online orders?
Looking forward to those as well, especially Insomniac developed Wolverine. I had heard that part of Insomniac's goal with Spider-Man was to use it as a proof of concept for a Marvel video game universe they would develop. Maybe this Wolverine game is the next step in that process.
I agree with waiting for the PS5 for a pro since im sure a silm and eventually a pro will come out. And by that time, the GotY versions of the top games with all the dlc will be released as well (hopefully with DLC on disc).

The only fear I have for Spiderman 2 is that lightning damage remains OP. In 1, especially in the DLC, the sable armor made it such that basic webbing was near useless and spider bro was the best suit power for its chain lightning. Problem is miles has innate venom strike (lightning attacks) while Peter doesnt so if you can coop/switch between characters, Miles will be superior. They can solve this with fire webbing which was a thing in previous games and highly effective against symbiotes.

Wolverine Origins is probably the best “Wolverine” game we have so far with natural healing factor over time and rage mechanic so if Insomniac takes lessons from that game, Wolverine could be good.

KOTOR is a timed exclusive. It is coming to PC, but Sony is helping out with the development so they will have rights to it for six months to a year likely.

KOTOR is a timed exclusive. It is coming to PC, but Sony is helping out with the development so they will have rights to it for six months to a year likely.
Sony just had their State of Play. Games shown:

1. Knights of the Old Republic Remake confirmed.
2. Project EVE
3. Borderlands Tiny Tina's Wonderland
4. Forspoken, game based on old PS5 tech demo.
5. Rainbow Six Extraction
6. Alan Wake Remastered
7. Grand Theft Auto V Remastered and GTA Online March 22nd
8. Ghostwire Tokyo
9. Guardians of the Galaxy
10. Vampire the Masquerade: Blood Hunt
11. Die, Die Again, Deathloop???
12. Tchia ??? Not even sure what that game is.
13. Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy Remastered for PS5 and PC.
14. Insomniac Games - Wolverine stand alone game.
15. Grand Turismo 7
16. Spiderman 2 coming 2023, featuring Venom and Miles Morales.
17. God of War Ragnarok

I'd just like to go on record and say that exclusives are friggin' stupid.

I doubt I'm going to own a PS5. Partially, that's because I have a really beefy PC which can run rings around what the PS5 can do. Partially that's because finding a PS5 for sale is still a pain in the ass, which only further underscores the idiocy of locking games to a specific console that plenty of people still can't even friggin' buy.

Like, I play Marvel's Avengers. My game looks GORGEOUS and runs as smooth as butter with all the settings maxed out. PS5s are still struggling with that game because, basically, they're nowhere near as powerful (which is fine, that's by design). Spider-Man is apparently coming out by the end of the year for that game, but only as a PS4/PS5 exclusive. Why?

I don't get this. Is this supposed to drive people towards buying a PS5? Well then, shouldn't they be making more PS5s so people can freakin' do that?! But no, it's been limited production numbers and unmet demand since the console first came out and they still can't get a handle on it.

Now they're listing a ton of games that'll be coming out which are exclusive to the console, and my basic response is just "Meh. Whatever. Let me know when it comes to PC."

I don't even say this as some "Pc MaStEr RaCe" *******. I say it because platform exclusives are just a dumb, dumb concept. Hell, for that matter, I think it's a dated idea to release a game on three consoles and not have crossplay these days.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back