The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

Oh, just realized missed opportunity, Dascoyne, or any other Rift owners here, feel free to friend me at Ooobydoob

I'm not on super often since theres a bit of setup to make space, but getting mounts for my cameras soon to make it track better

I think VR will end up being a fad. If I had an extra $600 right now I'd put it towards a new video card.
Try it before you pass judgement. It's early in development and the price of admission is the price of a new video card PLUS the VR unit but the price will come down. When you experience walking around in virtual environments you'll see that VR is the future for gaming, social media and graphic interface. The tech will just have to evolve away from bulky headsets, sensors and cables but the beginning is here.

the system requirements are already dropping too. Rift came out with its asymmetric spacewarp tech that lowered min spec by a decent amounr. for cyber monday I saw bundles for an Oculus ready PC with the Rift included for $1000. thats just $400 for the pc

and both oculus and intel are working on standalone headsets with inside out tracking for this year. think VR headset with the computer built in, and not requiring an external tracking system

Just dropped a 115.00 on two new ps4 controllers thanks to gift cards. Did get the 20th anniversary one and a normal black one, hopefully they don't have the defective triggers like the one that i have now. I need to get ps3 controllers too soon.

Star Trek Bridge Crew VR release planned for March 17 now available for preorder for PS and Vive.

It's planned for Oculus Rift but you can't pre order it .... why? why? why?

Crew_Screenshot_255102.jpg

Ryan from Roosterteeth tried that out at E3 or somewhere and fell in love with it even though it wasn't done at the time. As much as I like to complain about Bethesda games and their glitches the amount of stuff they put into fallout 4 is amazing. I've played it several times and i'm still finding new stuff, including near the library a corpse with broken glasses cradling books. If only they'd made it slightly more Burgess Meredith like lol. Is Kirk in that simulator and if so do you get special touchy feelie gloves for dealing with hot green alien women? lol

Star Trek Bridge Crew VR release planned for March 17 now available for preorder for PS and Vive.

It's planned for Oculus Rift but you can't pre order it .... why? why? why?

https://ubistatic9-a.akamaihd.net/ubicomstatic/en-GB/global/media/Crew_Screenshot_255102.jpg

I am not a Trek fan by any stretch of the imagination. I've watched a few episodes of TOS, TNG, and probably a season or 3 of DS9. I haven't seen all the movies, don't read the books, etc, etc. BUT, I saw that game being played by/talked about by a few YouTubers I follow and MAN, it looks pretty damn cool! The way you can play different stations/roles with friends/in a group...IDK, just sounds cool to me.

Sad part is half that 600 would go into just getting a good complete copy of Earthbound for the SNES since people are parting them out at high prices.
More sad is I needed money, so I sold some older games I didn't care for....plus a copy of Earthbound, cartridge only. Got 90 for it, 120 for everything. A friend let me barrow it like 15 years ago, then things happened and I've had it ever since. The store had reproduction copies of Earthbound, with added content that was cut originally. Maybe one day I can buy that and see how it is...such a weird game.

if its out for Vive, it should run on the RIft no problem. the only thing I dont like about some steamvr games on rift is how they translate the capacitive pad. have to click in the rift stick while pushing up or whatever direction. it really should just be push the direction you need. someone has to be able to make a simple program to run in the background to catch and fix that input for you

If I had 600 right now i'd be buying a turbografix 16 and a few other of the pricier old systems. That or get a sega cd refurbished so i know it'll last for a long time.

Wes R, do you play those old games? Its funny, I was building a MAME cabinet, and aside from a few fighting games, I actually enjoyed building the cabinet more than playing the damn games! Do you just like collecting, or do you actually play the games?

Wes R, do you play those old games? Its funny, I was building a MAME cabinet, and aside from a few fighting games, I actually enjoyed building the cabinet more than playing the damn games! Do you just like collecting, or do you actually play the games?

I've always wanted to get around to building a mame cabinet, but not sure what I'd use for a monitor. The setup I have now is a portable arcade cabinet that you can carry. and I have a JRock convertor that lets me hook it up to any normal TV. a little safer but not as cool..

I had a REAL arcade cabinet, and the monitors they use on those things are dangerous. mine had a suction cup thing on the top that kept on coming loose.
even unplugged it gave me a serious zap once when i went to put it back on.....probably wasn't the brightest idea...but i was an arcade newbie back then..

What I'd really like is a desktop mame setupwith something portable, or about the height of a PC cabinet that I can pick up and carry around.

I've always wanted to get around to building a mame cabinet, but not sure what I'd use for a monitor. The setup I have now is a portable arcade cabinet that you can carry. and I have a JRock convertor that lets me hook it up to any normal TV. a little safer but not as cool..

I had a REAL arcade cabinet, and the monitors they use on those things are dangerous. mine had a suction cup thing on the top that kept on coming loose.
even unplugged it gave me a serious zap once when i went to put it back on.....probably wasn't the brightest idea...but i was an arcade newbie back then..

What I'd really like is a desktop mame setupwith something portable, or about the height of a PC cabinet that I can pick up and carry around.
I decased an old 27 in TV, and it fit in the cabinet perfectly, even in the old monitor mounts that came with the cab. It was glorious. Dude thats the anode cup! You could get seriously injured if you mess with that, some people have even died. A lot of juice stays in there even after you unplug it. Good thing nothing happened. Or maybe it did! ;)

I decased an old 27 in TV, and it fit in the cabinet perfectly, even in the old monitor mounts that came with the cab. It was glorious. Dude thats the anode cup! You could get seriously injured if you mess with that, some people have even died. A lot of juice stays in there even after you unplug it. Good thing nothing happened. Or maybe it did! ;)

I was going to make the joke, but i knew someone would.

it's entirely possible thats where my life started to go wrong ;o). needless to say that's where my fascination of having a real arcade machine started to end after that zap :)

I am not a Trek fan by any stretch of the imagination. I've watched a few episodes of TOS, TNG, and probably a season or 3 of DS9. I haven't seen all the movies, don't read the books, etc, etc. BUT, I saw that game being played by/talked about by a few YouTubers I follow and MAN, it looks pretty damn cool! The way you can play different stations/roles with friends/in a group...IDK, just sounds cool to me.
Try Artemis. Been out for years and it's awesome. It's a starship bridge simulator.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I meant to go check out Artemis at dragoncon last year. Sounded like they had a full bridge mock up and you could sign up to play full crewed games
Yep! It's loads of fun. :)

Not VR though, but you can get Star Trek skins for it to add to the feel.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

That moment in a game when a character does something disrespectful you'd think they'd react to: in fallout 4 i found a random funeral and as everyone says a few words Cait just walks onto the grave and stands there lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back