The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

I've been eyeing Arizona Sunshine, but I've spent so much on games for it already lol. Bought the Touch bundle and a few steamVR games.

Dead and Buried and Unspoken are both pretty amazing, I Expect You To Die is really fun, but a little short, SuperHot is cool. Just got Raw Data but haven't played it yet.

Really looking forward to Lone Echo and Robo Recall. Lone Echo's multiplayer is basically Enders Game battle room, looks completely awesome
LOL I've been spending too much in VR as well.

Misc notes for games I bought:

Super Hot VR - a lot of fun. Really addictive in VR.

Bullet Train demo - I think you'd like this also. Weapon modeling is superb. My only complaint is that it's almost like you see the bullets flying out like you're shooting airsoft. Like Super Hot it's supposed to give you a bullet-time experience but it bothers me here only.

Chronos - fun to watch but, as with most puzzle games, I go until I get stumped, frustrated and put it down for 1-2 months ... or never again.

Technolust - the controller based movement makes me nauseated so I couldn't get far

I Expect You to Die - lots of fun, I agree

Esper 2 - puzzle game - got stumped, frustrated and put it down

Pinball FX VR - fun. I love pinball so it's like having my own machines

Zaccaria Pinball - like above but real pinball machines from the 1970's. I like it more than FX.

iOmoon - Moves a little slow and I never got a chance to really get into it. I was getting motion-sick.

Adrift - One of the first games I got. I put it down when I started to have technical difficulties. I'll have to try it again.

EVE: Valkyrie - same issue with Adrif. I'll need to try it again

Project Cars - controller is frustrating. I need to get a steering wheel controller.

Holoball - playing squash in your own living room - fun

Duo - I just downloaded it. I don't get the rules yet. I'd rather play Holoball so far.

Space Pirate - great fun shooter - I think you'll like this one.

Ripcoil - looks terrific but I really got sick fast. I didn't have as much trouble with EVE Valkyrie.

Obduction - puzzle game - meh. I put it down for the same reasons why I never finished Myst.

Feral Rites - pretty good fighter. In the end it's just like your average fighter. I stopped playing.

Smashing the Battle - also a fighter but with ... ahem ... more eye candy.

Super Island God - got it last night because of rave reviews ... boring.

Please Don't Touch Anything - So there was a ton of hype about this title - what's the big deal? Boring.

Damaged Core - great fun shooter if you don't have touch - I got touch and never played this again

Arizona Sunshine - my favorite game. If you liked shooters I think this is the most rewarding one.

I'll give Unspoken a try next.

The one I'm really looking forward to is Star Trek Bridge Crew VR.

LOL I've been spending too much in VR as well.

Yea I got a bunch of those too. Bullet Train is really cool, and its basically the demo for Robo Recall. I got Chronos because it gets the best reviews of the pre touch games, but haven't got to it yet. Space Pirate came in my bundle but haven't opened yet. Pinball FX is great, but I bought a lot of tables for the xbox version and dread doing it again lol.

Dabbled for a minute in Oculus Medium, looks completely nuts, but really involved. Got Dirt Rally to try a racing game and the immersion is pretty nuts. On the Steam side, check out Accounting, Google Earth VR (theres a dll hack to make it work on Rift), Destinations, The Lab. all free too I think. Also have Subnautica and No Limits Roller Coaster sim

Anybody play the new Mafia? Is it worth the money?

If you pick it up on sale I would say it's worth the money. At full retail price, no.

- - - Updated - - -

can you buy a VR for the Xbox yet? i'd like to see the star wars one on that

Isn't MS waiting for their new system to come out for VR? Sony did that with the PS4 Pro because the standard PS4 wouldn't offer the optimal performance. I'm guessing VR on the standard XBox One would probably suffer the same limitations on the older hardware.

I haven't heard anything good about PS VR either than the helmet is one of the most comfortable ones. Considering it costs as much as a new ps4 I'm going to keep waiting. The new Mafia has some insanely funny glitches you can see online. I'd wait and get it used but I do that with most games these days. A short but wild game I saw played online was VR Accounting that was made with the help of the folks behind Rick and Morty, just be warned it's weird and not kid friendly lol

I've never even tried on a VR set, ever. I'd like to see how it is. I was just reading that the PS one is kinda blurry compared to the others because of lower resolution.

I tried PSVR, it's neat, but not quite there yet I think. I found it a bit blurry and if I played for more than a few minutes I got really uncomfortable. Just not worth it at the current price point.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I guarantee I can't do vr without Dramamine, i can't even do freaking fps or 3rd person games without getting motion sick these days. Been trying to mastered tomb raider and suddenly the movement just makes me wanna barf.

havent tried the PSVR, but Rift is definately there. Some small issues, but those should be ironed out in later generations. Probably the biggest thing is the glare on the lens you get when its just white text on black background, but most the time its a non issue.

Once they get foveated rendering figured out, it will be perfect. Able to increase resolution and latency, while lowering system requirements at the same time. Field of view increase would be easy at that point too.

EDIT: as far as motion sickness, I've only had it one time. I got Metroid Prime working on it via emulator, which surprisingly works great, but when it randomly jumps camera angles for cinematic stuff, its super jarring. Never been car/sea/air sick before in my life so having it pop up for the first time ever was pretty intense hah.

Looking forward to it. Admittedly it was really cool playing a driving game and looking at the mirrors like in real life.

If they can get that headset to be about half the weight that would go a long qay to making it better as well.

If I had 600 right now i'd be buying a turbografix 16 and a few other of the pricier old systems. That or get a sega cd refurbished so i know it'll last for a long time.

Sad part is half that 600 would go into just getting a good complete copy of Earthbound for the SNES since people are parting them out at high prices.

"Warhammer: Vermintide", once again another failure to make a good warhammer game(outside the RTS realm). And why can't the Warhammer fantasy get the same love as 40k?

In anycase, this current failed installment is a "Left for Dead" clone without the good dialogue nd banter between characters.

The only thing Verimtide has is an amazingly large amount of enemies at one time, I've been watching achievement hunter play it and there's been so many enemies on the screen at once that I'm amazed they didn't lose frame rate. That said they even call it out for being Left For Dead with rats. New Vegas is an acquired taste as a fallout game, it was made by teh guys who worked on the original two so it's a bit of a throwback. They're handling the next fallout offshoot that's rumored to take place in New Orleans, I'd rather see more of PA or the midwest area honestly.

I got Vermintide for Christmas and yea, the number of enemies at one time is crazy. Your character attack feels sooo slow too so you're guaranteed to get hit no matter what. We couldn't even finish the first part of the mission we were doing. I played it for about 2 hours after getting it and now I'll probably go trade it in tomorrow.

I am not enjoying Fallout: New Vegas.
I played Fallout 1 & 2 endlessly in the 90's. LOVED those games. Gave FO3 and New Vegas a pass because I didn't think they'd work as first person.

Then I buckled and got FO4. I've got hundreds of hours in it. Absolutely love the game.

Tried to go back and try FO3 and man... Going back to a low level and the subtle differences I just couldn't do it. :(

Wish I had played them when they came out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back