The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

They're finally out and yes, Super Double Dragon has a 2x speed option so it doesn't play as slow as it originally did on the SNES.

And what is arguably considered the best version of the original Double Dragon, Double Dragon Advance.

I've been playing through the original Megaman X on the SNES mini. Being able to create a save state anywhere sure helps, but wow this game is quite hard. I don't think I would have enjoyed it normally.

Also, for my Final Fantasy 6 group on FB, I created these more realistic backgrounds with the character sprites for fun.
Here Figaro Castle about to submerge underground.
figaroundergrounding.jpg

Also made the Magitek Factory, which was very time consuming. But I like how it turned out.
FF6factorycopy.jpg

GTA6 trailer officially coming December 5th.
Some places are reporting it will be console exclusive for a year and may possibly be featured as a bundle in game for the PS5 Pro.

GTA6 trailer officially coming December 5th.
Some places are reporting it will be console exclusive for a year and may possibly be featured as a bundle in game for the PS5 Pro.
It might be console exclusive for a limited period, but if it goes a year I'll be shocked. There's too much money to be made selling it on every conceivable platform.

It might be console exclusive for a limited period, but if it goes a year I'll be shocked. There's too much money to be made selling it on every conceivable platform.
I don’t know how long it would be, but it’s usually done to negate the losses of PC piracy when everyone has to pay upfront for the console version.

GTA 6 is going to print money for years. It could be a mediocre retread of the last game and it will still sell like crazy.
I agree with you, but Rockstar has been pretty buddy buddy with Sony since GTAIII when MS turned down exclusivity because they didn’t think it would sell.

I'm seriously considering just skipping the PS5. So far there's only been two games I want to play on it and they're both available for PS4: God of War and Ghost of Tsushima. I've watched comparison videos and the graphical difference is minimal for those games. The only major difference is frame-rate which I can live with 30fps on PS4.

The only reason I stick with consoles is the exclusives so if there are no longer any of them that I'm interested in, I'll just go PC.

Last edited:
I thankfully won a PS5 a year ago. I really do not have a lot of games for it, but the ones I have played, the biggest thing I've really noticed, is that everything loads way faster, which is nice. I'm only playing on a 40" HD tv, so graghical wise, really do not see any difference.

I thankfully won a PS5 a year ago. I really do not have a lot of games for it, but the ones I have played, the biggest thing I've really noticed, is that everything loads way faster, which is nice. I'm only playing on a 40" HD tv, so graghical wise, really do not see any difference.
Nice congrats!!! We'll see, I was going to wait for the pro version regardless so it all depends on how many games release for it.

I was going to get it on PS5, so now I’m just going to wait and see if the PS5 Pro bundle gets confirmed because I was going to buy a Pro day one regardless.

If they do that I won't buy it period.

I take that back. I don't have a very good memory because I saw an article on PC Gamer talking about this and they said that GTA5 came out on consoles in 2013 and the PC didn't get it until the next gen consoles in 2015. I have no memory of that. Still in 2023, I don't know why there would be any reason to delay the PC version seeing how they make it on PCs. It's also kind of a slap in the face seeing that there would be no GTA if it wasn't for the original PC versions.

I take that back. I don't have a very good memory because I saw an article on PC Gamer talking about this and they said that GTA5 came out on consoles in 2013 and the PC didn't get it until the next gen consoles in 2015. I have no memory of that. Still in 2023, I don't know why there would be any reason to delay the PC version seeing how they make it on PCs. It's also kind of a slap in the face seeing that there would be no GTA if it wasn't for the original PC versions.
They will make the bulk of their sales on consoles. PC piracy in gaming is still rampant. It's also why PC ports of games tend to get half-assed and are almost always released with a litany of problems. I have actually heard developers ask, why bother with PC? If it wasn't for Steam, piracy would have killed PC gaming.

Rockstar has always had a good relationship with Sony. It still goes back to when Rockstar wanted GTAIII originally to be a PC, Xbox exclusive and Microsoft told them that their game was going to bomb and they didn't want it. Microsoft also did this with the Marvel license which is why Spider-Man and Wolverine ended up becoming Sony exclusive. So basically Microsoft turned down exclusivity to games that would go on to be megahits. GTAIII was a PS2 exclusive for quite a while because of it and I believe is also one of the factors in giving Sony a huge boost during the original Xbox vs Playstation console war. When GTAIII came out, EVERYONE had that game and because of Microsoft's short-sightedness, they had it on a Playstation.

W.O.W.!!!

I hope the rumor of it coming bundled with the PS5 Pro turns out to be true. This is going to want some horsepower.
So they released the trailer a day early.
Looks interesting. Love that FL vibe including even alligators.
Seems like the game will be one giant Florida Man story.....lol, which is probably where they got all their ideas from.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back