The Veepy rocket pack builders thread (hijack friendly)

Hello and thank you for reaching out. First and foremost a ton of priming and sanding w/ high build primer. After you achieve a perfectly smooth surface and I mean perfectly smooth! Hit the body w/ high gloss black. Make sure the black is like glass before the next step! You might need color sand with multiple grades of ultra-fine sandpaper. Once there are no imperfections on the black paint you can start the next process and that is creating the "brushed" look in the base black coat. No swirls and no zig-zags! Up and down only!! Then apply Spaz Stix Ultimate mirror chrome. I've sampled all the "BEST" chrome paints and Spaz Stix was the only paint that gave me that perfect brushed aluminum look! Spaz Stix also has a high gloss clear coat for the chrome paint so it will not dull the paint!
IMG_5233.jpg
IMG_4636.jpg

What did you use to get the brushed look? Sandpaper (what grit) steel wool? So you brush the surface before you apply the spazstix?

here is where i'm at right now, i got all this printed from a part roll of e-sun pla+ "silver"
creality cr-10 V2
55mm/s speed in general (35 for the little fins 0.12 lh)
0.24 layer height is coming out fine (for me)
View attachment 1396897
stuck some weights on the picture incase you want a quick ref of approx weights to see what you can squeeze outta part roll.. its gonna be slightly different depending on your settings. these are post support weights.
i had to reprint the washers in sunlu grey as i wasn't happy with how they turned out.

i have also been trying to orientate the seam lines where they will be harder to see.
either blended into the existing seam or under other parts. or at the rear.
i printed the tank blisters standing up to avoid the layer steps.
View attachment 1396898

i am printing 3 layer walls because i want it pretty sturdy due to the high G turns i expect when in flight.

z
The cone itself would make for a great nuclear pulse Orion craft. Maybe a meat tenderizer for the pusher plate;)

The cone of the rocket pack looks like this:

A meat tenderizer has a spring and a plate, some of them...not the hammer kind

Put them together--and you have an Orion model

Super interested in doing this. I downloaded the files, but I don’t own a 3D printer. Is going the Shapeways route and paying an arm and a leg the best approach, or is there someone here on RPF who offers a similar service?

Random question. I've read top to bottom but can't find it. Can anyone assist me with the password to the folder please

Super interested in doing this. I downloaded the files, but I don’t own a 3D printer. Is going the Shapeways route and paying an arm and a leg the best approach, or is there someone here on RPF who offers a similar service?
Contact @el_rocketeer on Instagram

Starting into the printing process myself. I just got my resin printer to compliment my Ender 3 Max. Generally excited to get down to business.

Any tips for printing that anyone else has come across?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back