The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Okay questions for everyone. The New Hope is a 3-cell Fulmer WITH the pattern stamp or no? Sorry feels like a noob question but I can’t tell from the Bible. Thoughts?

Okay questions for everyone. The New Hope is a 3-cell Fulmer WITH the pattern stamp or no? Sorry feels like a noob question but I can’t tell from the Bible. Thoughts?
The ANH stamping is unknown at this time. All the secondary characteristics have been found both on New York and Folmer with patent flashes -- and with parts so easy to swap, even if they hadn't it wouldn't be proof.

Very interesting indeed, thank you for the info! So what’s the community using as their go to replica for the flashgun then? 3-cell Fulmer no stamp?

Very interesting indeed, thank you for the info! So what’s the community using as their go to replica for the flashgun then? 3-cell Fulmer no stamp?
Only the New York stamping or blank ends have been available until very recently, so I expect the vast majority of replicas out there would be the New York stamp. Whether a Folmer with patent stamp would be more accurate, or will gain ground as they become more widely available, I can't say.

Whatever real flash you can get your hands on, these days. My ANH has the correct Folmer eye, incorrect pins, Folmer patent stamping, and a replica Inc clamp because the real clamp was rusted to heck and back. That's how it's going to stay, and it's good enough for me! :lol:

Whatever real flash you can get your hands on, these days. My ANH has the correct Folmer eye, incorrect pins, Folmer patent stamping, and a replica Inc clamp because the real clamp was rusted to heck and back. That's how it's going to stay, and it's good enough for me! :lol:

Mines a pretty good shape New York stamped but it sports the now-inaccurate single rivet on the bottom, and blank side bar...and I'm keeping it that way! Damned I'll be for drilling two more holes in my vintage Graflex.

Mines a pretty good shape New York stamped but it sports the now-inaccurate single rivet on the bottom, and blank side bar...and I'm keeping it that way! Damned I'll be for drilling two more holes in my vintage Graflex.

Luckily I procrastinated converting mine for long enough that we'd discovered the double rivets by the time I got around to it. Thankfully.

Yep! Whatever flash you get your hands on. Anything with the riveted D ring, right kind of grips and a bubble strip is a heck of a lot more accurate than any master replicas... which was like a prime replica. It's vintage equipment, every find is not guaranteed to be the same, so your find should be the important part. Personally, the only people who should be hand-picking stamping patterns are those lucky enough to have so many that they can scrutinize them. Bottom stamping was not a cut and dry thing. i have a flash with the type of "cell" milled off, and my dad has a 3 cell thats actually a 2 cell.

So I had been putting off a new edition given that there has been a never ending stream of discoveries and additions over the last year or so-- but now I am in danger of being very out of date.

That said, between covid, work, life, and other stuff, I have not been super diligent about keeping up with everything. Given that I've really just been recapitulating crowd sourced information, I am probably going to reach out to some of you guys to help me catch up.

All right, thanks guys! Let's see if we can step by step this without devlving into debates, since obviously, most entries have their own pages.

Let's start with the ANH graflexes, hero and stunt. I THINK the current entry on the hero is correct, but have we decided there's maybe more than one stunt?

I will bet that Halliwax knows more than me on this one. I do think I see two different hand-cut emitters in ANH but I have no proof.

Good place to start - and I am at your disposal, here or on facebook

Put it this way… there are now DOZENS of ANH motor stunt pics. More pics of the stunt then the hero. I can now also confirm 100% she broke in the hut scene as well

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back