The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

It might be as simple as them using what was on hand. if we're only seeing the tri-ring early in the shoot, replacing it with a d-ring could have happened along with the grip re-habbing.

I figured here was as good a place as any to post these. I was going through old boxes and found these old technical journals. Each has centerfold “blueprints” of some props. These are from the mid-‘90s I believe.

Look at the Luke ROTJ. It seems they had the connecting bit from the clamp on this. V2 is always the real hero to me.

Attachments

• FBD1FEAD-85D5-402E-A1BD-626941A0A884.jpeg
    FBD1FEAD-85D5-402E-A1BD-626941A0A884.jpeg
    895.7 KB · Views: 289
  • C30678F3-20C2-401A-BD36-69F39E6C6CF2.jpeg
    C30678F3-20C2-401A-BD36-69F39E6C6CF2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 288
  • C7E9B9E5-00CE-4174-BFD0-D29E9430B843.jpeg
    C7E9B9E5-00CE-4174-BFD0-D29E9430B843.jpeg
    838.2 KB · Views: 266
I was actually looking at my copy of this publication just recently. Yeah, the Obi and the Luke ROTJ aren't quite right, but the drawings aren't terrible, given the era.

Also funny to note that the Visual Dictionary books continued the tradition started here of nonsensically labeling random parts. :rolleyes:

that wire connecting the clamp to the booster was their interpretation of the lever. I had this magazine too!

Also, on the tri-ring, I found a few other angles from that publicity shoot and it's definitely a triangle. There is also a bespin shot where the upper red button looks weird.. let me find it

The parts discovery thread for the the Blaster is a trip and a half to read through. A condensed amalgam of the info would be cool too.

It is an amazing thread. That one, and the discovery of the ESB/ROTJ Vader hero saber in real time are to me sort of the heart of The RPF.

That said, I also get very tired just thinking about going through it.

I ws exhausted by catchiung up to the end, lol. But it's so great to see a community pitch in to solve msyteries like that. I only wish I came along earlier to actually be a part of it in real time. The Ars Technica article on the Blaster was a great companion piece to it and seeing it hit a mainstream venue as a news piece was cool too.

edit:
BTW, can you ive me a link to the ESB/ROTJ thread? I don't think I've seen that one yet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back