The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

I can't remember if I ever posted to this thread. So anyway:
MDsaber 3-4.JPG

MDsaber emitter.JPG

MDsaber front.JPG

MDsaber left bubbles.JPG

MDsaber trans.JPG
Mikes saber lt.JPG

I'll always be a firm believer that the clean look was what the prop department handed Sir Alec, back in the day, and after he dropped it a couple of times in the sand, it lost a "washer", they tried to solder the interconnector back on and the Grafflex sleeve got scuffed up. IMHO :)

I think that's what makes this saber particularly special. Everyone has all the same parts but no one seems to alter them to make them screen accurate. But technically they're perfectly accurate.
andyroo Not wanting to search 103 pages, these are the screen shots I know of that show the saber:
ObiCaps.jpg

obicaps21ik.jpg

These are circa 2005 and 2006. Perhaps there are some higher resolution screen images now, but the upper left image in the first picture seems to have 2 washers. Maybe there was aluminum tape applied on the Graflex (probably to cover the word Graflex) but it seems pretty smooth in all these images. The "mechanismo" picture purportedly was post production and shown in a book published after the movie came out:
mechanismo.JPG

There's no telling what damage happen to prop in the interim.

IMHO.:)

ATL Kenobi

Picked these up for a song.

IMG_7524.JPG
IMG_1227.JPG

I know they aren't correct but one of them will do for the time being. I'm going to use the smaller one. it's missing the plate so I can't tell exactly which one it is but it's defintiely smaller than the two 80's versions.

Hey everyone! A few friends and I have done some looking into washers recently. These are a few teasers of the washers on my saber now, which are found parts. They're not a perfect match, but they're damn close. I think the style of washer found is the same type used on the original saber. I'm probably going to make a new thread for the info I've put together, or maybe I'll just post it all here, but in true RPF spirit I think once everyone knows what we're looking for exactly we have a real chance of finding some more accurate washers. Anyway, nough gabbing, I'll let the photos do the rest

823F75DC-E981-4442-86DF-977DCCFD0B4C.png

C75843DB-EA56-457E-9290-8C8EBC383079.jpeg

05DC1663-33B5-43BF-841B-D5E0E0D8E7C7.jpeg
840BED67-D4D3-4622-978C-C172FB9551D8.jpeg

some of the washers, on the left one I machined quickly based on my extrapolated measurements, the the found part as it arrived, then cleaned with acid and some scotchbrite (I found out scotchbrite on its own is enough) then one I turned down .0015 on each side to be closer to the dimensions I think I see on the original. On the bottom one, one of the turned down washers on an op amp.
BA2CB546-52C2-4A37-BD59-1EA1FFBD091A.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back