The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Whilest we have your attention OdiWan72 ... could you send me 2 new pictures of your OB1 ANH lightsaber so I can add it with the Mechansimo Blue-Print to my Picture Index, please?

Chaïm

P.S. The same request goes to many more members i.e. scottjua Serenity RoyDeckard kurtyboy khal1993 coolhanluked to name a few ;)

Will do asap Chaim, but it´s actually not finished since I never found the guts to drill my pommel for the D-ring

I never found the guts to drill my pommel for the D-ring.

tenor.gif

Chaïm

Hi guys.

I’m working on preservation of my Hales that has aged naturally with a lovely patina.

I discovered some flakey rust on one section of cubes. I have carefully removed the flakey harmful bits down with some 0000 steel wool to prevent further rusting - thankfully this has not removed the thin layer of rust / patina.

I’ve been doing the odd bit of research here and there, and have come across this product:

IMG_3857.jpeg

- According to other militaria collectors / preservers, lots of museums use this to preserve various relics/artifacts as means to prevent further rusting, without removing patina or changing the overall look - just as a barrier from oxygen or other irritants. I don’t want to use a clear-coat.

Wondering if any of you may have used this product and or have any input for me? Hope I’m posting this in the right thread.

Thank you all,

ChrisR.

Hi guys.

I’m working on preservation of my Hales that has aged naturally with a lovely patina.

I discovered some flakey rust on one section of cubes. I have carefully removed the flakey harmful bits down with some 0000 steel wool to prevent further rusting - thankfully this has not removed the thin layer of rust / patina.

I’ve been doing the odd bit of research here and there, and have come across this product:

View attachment 1796700

- According to other militaria collectors / preservers, lots of museums use this to preserve various relics/artifacts as means to prevent further rusting, without removing patina or changing the overall look - just as a barrier from oxygen or other irritants. I don’t want to use a clear-coat.

Wondering if any of you may have used this product and or have any input for me? Hope I’m posting this in the right thread.

Thank you all,

ChrisR.
I have used this - works well.

I knew you’d have the answers for me Cwood ;) You’re the best mate.

I take it one coat should slightly darken the patina, but not to an overly hellish extent?

Does anybody have any recommendations for me in terms of a replica booster? (Not looking to buy one right away, bank is zilch)

- I’ve pretty much accepted that the booster is going to take years for me to acquire if ever at all. I was kind of hoping for a Dave P booster but not sure if he sells them seperately, and noticed Roman is fresh out of parts at the mo, does he have super limited availability?

P.s I’m going for a chronicles build

Does anybody have any recommendations for me in terms of a replica booster? (Not looking to buy one right away, bank is zilch)

- I’ve pretty much accepted that the booster is going to take years for me to acquire if ever at all. I was kind of hoping for a Dave P booster but not sure if he sells them seperately, and noticed Roman is fresh out of parts at the mo, does he have super limited availability?

Yes, you should ask Dave directly if he has boosters left.

Yes, you should ask Dave directly if he has boosters left.
Check. Next on my list is Cwoods conversion kit, then I’ll message him once that’s sorted. Hope he’s got one, they look real nice and accurate as a placeholder part from the pics.

Thanks eethan

RB Replicas might be an option too.

Roman props newest booster

Snipped off the 10 pins from the DATs, they need a little filing down (these will do for now), planning to just epoxy weld a screw fixing to the base to fit into a Romans spacer. I believe they’re 6-32 unc threaded fixings, although if I’m wrong I’d love to know from you guys

IMG_3995.jpeg

IMG_3996.jpeg

Also I know this isn’t exactly an ideal method, but it’ll work lol. Cheers guys

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back