The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

When Khal gets new toys like a vintage MPP and now a vintage Ben Kenobi set up, I just look forward to the replica that's going to hopefully come out of it. :)

Stunning stuff!

If you need additional instruction in the meantime, Edraven99 posted a great tutorial of his real parts Obi-Wan hilt assembly. It’s extremely helpful.

If you need additional instruction in the meantime, Edraven99 posted a great tutorial of his real parts Obi-Wan hilt assembly. It’s extremely helpful.

Thanks! I enjoy it for entertainment for now, however one day I just may take the journey!

Some recent upgrades to the real parts Obi-Wan; different female balance pipe, switched from a hot to cold sink tap with flipped cubes, much nicer clamp, freshly cut bubble strip, more accurate transistors, and a more accurate washer.

Thanks to scottjua for piecing it all together.

788F8A00-82B9-47EE-ACCA-BE98CCAC8D58.jpeg
66FE5235-2E0A-40F5-A823-85504326402E.jpeg
DA4FA21A-51AA-431D-88F7-CF84952BAC85.jpeg
EDBBF20E-8163-4A47-B35C-C83C864E4D0B.jpeg
4E5FB9DB-68A2-4FDB-AA1F-0C7E11C22F92.jpeg

I have a few neebie questions about this build. My first is how does the BP not slip right off the cone piece attached to your threaded rod that goes through the build? For anything to be able to fit down inside the BP I don't see how it doesn't just slide right off.

Second those of you who have trimmed bubble strips, what's the best way to trim those? Can I just put it up against my disk sander and grind the ends down? Because the plastic is old I'm a little nervous about this one.

Third question is about the bearing on the booster. I know there are two varieties of the booster one where it has just the booster and the bearing on the end of the machine gun and one with the bearing and flash as one part. I have seen a few guys on here put the bearing in between the booster and the clamp and hold it in that way. What if you have one where the bearing is attached to the flash and you don't want to cut the flash off the bearing? How are you putting between the booster and the clamp? Is it just pressure fitted toghether?

And Nick that is one damn nice specimen.

I have a few neebie questions about this build. My first is how does the BP not slip right off the cone piece attached to your threaded rod that goes through the build? For anything to be able to fit down inside the BP I don't see how it doesn't just slide right off.

Second those of you who have trimmed bubble strips, what's the best way to trim those? Can I just put it up against my disk sander and grind the ends down? Because the plastic is old I'm a little nervous about this one.

Third question is about the bearing on the booster. I know there are two varieties of the booster one where it has just the booster and the bearing on the end of the machine gun and one with the bearing and flash as one part. I have seen a few guys on here put the bearing in between the booster and the clamp and hold it in that way. What if you have one where the bearing is attached to the flash and you don't want to cut the flash off the bearing? How are you putting between the booster and the clamp? Is it just pressure fitted toghether?

The flash hider cone and the booster bearing are attachments to the booster, they aren’t permanently afixed and screw off.

3186EE52-F017-4FB1-BB9C-83CA09F1BDF8.jpeg

1B1E592C-05A6-46BC-B8E3-285812036FA1.jpeg

34EC8CF0-90E2-4478-B9C6-69D2D7DCFF43.jpeg

FDDDFFFC-5312-43B0-B7DB-3F41D579B29A.jpeg

Last edited:
There are two models of booster bearings, one with an integral flash hider, and one without.
If you don’t want to cut a flash hider up, you can use a spacer between the booster and grenade that is hidden under the clamp.

Last edited:

I'm not sure about the threaded cone piece question on a vintage BP. I know on a Romans the old ones come apart and have a set screw to hold it in. However, to answer your question about the bubble strip. Sanding it works fine as long as you are VERY careful, testing the fit often, and working on nice level surfaces. It is risky, and you could take too much off. Alternatively, there are some guys here in the community that mill them to the perfect size for your clamp.

No... the booster bearing and the flash hider cone are two different pieces.

Your picture is the flash hider cone and that is one piece.

The bearing cone is a different part. It’s the very first picture I posted.
There are two models of booster bearings, one with an integral flash hider, and one without.
If you don’t want to cut a flash hider up, you can use a spacer between the booster and grenade that is hidden under the clamp.
That’s the answer I was looking for, thanks so much. I figured there needed to be something like that.

I'm not sure about the threaded cone piece question on a vintage BP. I know on a Romans the old ones come apart and have a set screw to hold it in. However, to answer your question about the bubble strip. Sanding it works fine as long as you are VERY careful, testing the fit often, and working on nice level surfaces. It is risky, and you could take too much off. Alternatively, there are some guys here in the community that mill them to the perfect size for your clamp.
Ya thanks I knew guys were chucking the bubble strip up in a mill and I do have a mill, but it sounds nuts. I’ve never trying putting anything that fragile in a mill before. I mean my vise alone could crush that thing. I guess I better buy a spare just in case. Lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back