The Troll Hunter

Atlanthia

Sr Member
Hi Everyone. I am intrigued by the 2010 Norweigan film: The Troll Hunter. Yes, it's another "found footage" offering but, that aside, is it any good? Has anyone seen it?

I bought it on blu ray. Pretty good film, I enjoyed it. The CGI wasn't mind blowing but it was definitely better then alot of films out there, even ones with budgets 10x this one.

Watched it last week with two friends of mine... expected something similar to 'The Blair Witch Project' in tone and scope, but then were pleasantly surprised when we're actually SHOWN what cretures they are running away from. There are some nice creepy moments in the film (cave...) and surprisingly well executed action-scenes.
Oh, last thing I read in this months issue of empire is that there are plans for a US-remake. Not sure if that's needed, but maybe this will point other people to discover the original movie.

I liked it quite a bit. Humourous in parts, but a specific Nordic dry humour which might have escaped some audiences in other parts of the world.
Actually quite faithful to Nordic legends of Trolls and types of troll.
Hans the hunter is a great character.
I'd have no problems recommending a viewing.

I liked it quite a bit. Humourous in parts, but a specific Nordic dry humour which might have escaped some audiences in other parts of the world.
Actually quite faithful to Nordic legends of Trolls and types of troll.
Hans the hunter is a great character.
I'd have no problems recommending a viewing.

couldn't agree more.

Great movie, and considering the probable budget, the effects are superb. Deffo worth a watch.

I'll also give another heads up for a good Finnish movie called Rare Exports :)

Well, by the time they set it in downtown San Francisco, change the troll hunter from a 50/60 year old to Johnny Hunksville, throw in the US Airforce and a few explosions......I'm sure it will remain faithful to the original and retain it's artistic integrity............not

Well I went out and got a copy and I loved it! Original, funny and suspense filled at all the right moments! PLEASE don't ruin this film with a remake!!!!!

If you liked the film, you should check out the teaser for the prequel:

The Troll Hunter Strikes Back - Prequel Teaser - YouTube

TrollHunterStrikesBack.jpg

:)

I absolutely loved this film. It was very well done. I really enjoyed the touches of humor and the mythology that they presented.

I just watched it this morning. Good movie! I hope any Hollywood remake is done in the same region as the first or the mood won't work. I would recommend anyone to watch this movie.

I thought it was really well done and overall an impressive film. It was unfortunate that they chose to take a prejudiced misrepresentation of the folklore statement "I smell the blood of a Christian man" but aside from that, I thought it was a fun little movie.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back