The Sith Katana V5 " Shinobi" (pic heavy)

DarthAlice

Here is a saber that I have been engineering for quite some time. I have been watching the anime Bleach and have gotten into the different sword and outrageous weapon designs on the cartoon. This is what I envision a Sith Acolyte would wield if he built a Katana for his saber. Yes there has been a few different versions of the crystal chambered Katana done before, and I took much inspiration from Madcow's MHS Katana and also AMNRA's MHS saber with rotating crystal.
Since getting my hands on more Oval stock, (and a real milling machine) I decided to put a different spin on this one in that it is what I call a "cantilevered reveal system" in that the lower section of the hilt slides open for the reveal with a hidden latching system, with the main support rods machined from Stainless steel rod. I also dreamt up a design to keep all of the fasteners hidden with no exposed screw heads. I must say as simple as this one looks, it is by far the most precise saber I have yet to build and I would not hesitate to duel with it, chamber open or closed as this one handles like a dream. Hope you guys enjoy!

Specs; Main hilt length, 13" x 1.00" x 1.50" Oval pipe and billet as built from scratch
Powder-coating; Silver-Vein done by local vendor
inserts;Blood Red dyed Sea-ray skin

Main Led; Naigon's Z6 RR, GG, RbRb
Board; Igniter 2
Battery; Solo's Hold 10amp High discharge 18650, with 1.3mm RC port
lens; Solo's hold 5 degree custom
Speaker; 23mm 8 ohm 2 watt
ARKM/Caz style razor plug (thanks again guys)

Crystal chamber; Grown quartz with 5mm RGB blade matching led
crystalK1.0.jpgcrystalK1.1.jpgcrystalK1.2.jpgcrystalK1.5.jpgcrystalK1.6.jpgcrystalK1.8.jpgcrystalK2.1.jpg

crystalK1.0.jpg

crystalK1.1.jpg

crystalK1.2.jpg

crystalK1.5.jpg

crystalK1.6.jpg

crystalK1.8.jpg

crystalK2.0.jpg

crystalK2.1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice concept...I like it :)

Markus
Thanks! I have built a few similar in this style, along with traditionally wrapped models as well. I have a few more plans for this design and some more cooking in the shop. Here is a video of this saber in action

Ah, good old Bleach. I'm a Bleach fan myself... Heh, I've watched the entire series and the movies. I even have a Sajin Komamura costume... So yeah, I like Bleach. :p

That's one awesome saber, though. I've wondered why I haven't seen more katana-inspired lightsabers...

Thank you much for the kind words, I have built many more in many styles, I can resurrect a few that I have done in the past
this one was wayy more traditional

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back