The show your custom BLASTER thread!

EAEC4E17-F488-4852-8332-F53DEE4EE15C.jpeg

I’m not sure this is truly “custom”; however I believe it is a first. A “Poe Dameron” blaster.

It is a hybrid design with an Airsoft Sig Sauer 226 lower and a printed upper. (Still more detailing to be done)

Tech specs:
  1. Metal lower adds heft and durability
  2. Magazine drops from grip and houses one AA battery
  3. Trigger activates light and sound (harvested from Nerf)
  4. Speaker is in faux magazine with fine stainless mesh on either side (zoom in!)
  5. small connectors inside allow easy disassembly for service
  6. Real hardware added to replicate the prop (upper grip screw changed to slotted as well)

Hello again all. I am beginning a new conversion for my personal airsoft rifle into a blaster rifle. It needs to remain functional so the modifications need to remain cosmetic. Barrel, Shroud, Scope, Flash hider, Etc. Looking for inspiration so was wondering if anyone had seen any old photos or had any advice that could possibly help me acquire a direction to start heading. As it is a M16A1 I know the A280 Rifle is based off this platform but was wanting to give it a different look. Any thoughts?
IMG_E0857.JPG
IMG_E0855.JPG

Thought about starting with this magazine:

unnamed.jpg

Hello again all. I am beginning a new conversion for my personal airsoft rifle into a blaster rifle. It needs to remain functional so the modifications need to remain cosmetic. Barrel, Shroud, Scope, Flash hider, Etc. Looking for inspiration so was wondering if anyone had seen any old photos or had any advice that could possibly help me acquire a direction to start heading. As it is a M16A1 I know the A280 Rifle is based off this platform but was wanting to give it a different look. Any thoughts?...

For starters, the guns in know of in star wars that are based off of the AR platform are a number of the rebel rifles from scarif in rogue one, so check there for inspiration. for trooping type stuff, I'd stick to a small or no magazine, unless you want to make this thing look like a support weapon (like Cara Dune's big rifle in season 2 of mandalorian) rather than a rifle. Most star wars guns have very minimal magazines, or don't look like they have any magazine. That said, when you take it onto the airsoft field itself, go nuts :p.

some nifty things for that style AR that most folks have never seen, is the cantilever mount for adding modern optics to the carry handle.

optic mount.jpg

it puts the optics co-witnessed with the existing iron sights, and preserves the carry handle. This kind of idea could be used to add on various scopes and other "optical" or range finder dodads out front, the way bowcasters have; or as a mounting basis for DD-44 style "offset" optics and whatnot.

yea, that kind of looking one. they're meant to be reminiscent of the old hoth rebel blaster rifles (or at least that's exactly what they look like to me), but since the originals were stg 44 casts or replicas underneath, I assume it was just easier for them to build out AR's to look the same way for rogue one.

A follow up on my earlier post, thinking something along these lines. A bit of E-11 styling mixed with a few other greeblies and a MG-42 Flash Hider. Also using the twin drum mag from above to make it something of a lightweight support weapon:
IMG_E0866.JPG

With this scope:
IMG_0867.JPG

an integrated bi-pod/hand grip would look cool on that kind of set up also, really lean into the support weapon idea. like the negev

there are other lmgs where the bi-pods made front grips while folded back, i just can't remember. I think some of the german WW2 ones were kind of like that.

Picked up this AW GBB DL-44 replica today, probably strip the muzzle and weather a bit.

View attachment 1426611
Well it's only been 7 months and finally took this off the shelf and had a proper look at it, covid lock-down means I have no excuse not to. When I purchased this AW GBB airsoft replica it had been messed with. The retaining screw behind the scope mount and hop adjusting screw cover were missing. Wondered why the scope was wobbly. Mechanism works fine but not keen to try it out as it's intended as a click trigger display piece in any case. This is my first DL-44 and likely will be it for a while so wanted to do it justice.

Found these prop replica images from Crucible Custom Props, beautiful work and so good have decided I want to do my own take with this less than 100% accurate but cool prop weapon. ANHesque with the 3D printed parts from Shapeways designed by Sly Tools developed in collaboration with the late Robiwon who I never had dealings with, but who as I have come to understand was a hugely talented and active contributor to the hobby in general including his impressive fully lit scale models. Always generous with others and greatly missed. He lives on in these forums and continues to inspire newbies like myself. I have ordered his fine ANH grill and also the Sly Tools Barrel Sight. Have already removed the SOLO wheel making way for the mystery disk. Might nut out a few other cosmetic improvements but it will be bla bla ...as close as I can make it. Previous owners had a go at detailing with sandpaper with not much success, so decided to fully sand back certain areas clean so I have a blank canvas. Looking forward to attempting those chips, scrapes and lovely grime.

To Robiwon you look...

IMG_2112 (3).JPG
710x528_18868199_10974517_1568460883_1_0.png

This is a Blaster design I've been working on, it's based on an old pistol called the Bergmann-Bayard 1910/21, from the same company that produced the Gun The Mandalorian's Blaster is based off, I've taken the designs of actual greeblies used on Blasters in the Franchise and added them to the design for authentic detail, I've also added a barrel based off the DH-17 Blaster from the Original Trilogy, an in universe feature is the barrel can launch the small Dart Rockets seen below, Lastly I shortened the grip because I thought it looked too long.

1631032895444.png

“BlasTech A-120 Blaster Pistol” - I’ve finally gotten around to building my own blaster! Inspired by the side arms seen in the Razor Crest in episode 1 of The Mandalorian, using a Denix replica Luger P-08, the same style of pistol which was used in Rogue One for Jyn Erso’s blaster. I dived into my big box of greeblies, fishing out all kinds of parts that would suit a blaster. Initially I wanted to go for something with more of a longer barrel to resemble those of Din and Jyn’s blasters, but ended up going for more of a stubbier barrel, built up of a Quarz 5 camera focus ring, t-track strips, and the internals of a vintage Canon flash battery case. The end of the barrel is built up of the internals of a vintage camera flash bulb socket and round heat sink, which I’ve painted to resemble a heat scorching. Other parts across the blaster include metal plates and screws from vintage cameras. The grips were sanded and painted, before lightly weathered. I just kept adding and taking away parts until I was happy with the end result. Also made a custom aluminium stand for it to sit on in my collection.

There’s a tone of really awesome builds and ideas in this thread! Love it!
Love it! A great blaster I think. Very good job of design, construction and paint

Love it! A great blaster I think. Very good job of design, construction and paint
Thank you so much! Really appreciate the kind words. It was a super fun build! Not too much of an idea going into it, but once I started putting parts with other parts it all came together nicely!

There is an Italian toy gun company named "Villa Giocattoli" and their "Condor" model looks similar to the Umarex pellet gun that was the base for the DL-18 blaster but, unlike the Umarex, you can still buy it for around 20 to 30 bucks. It has some decorative knurling on the barrel and other parts and while it resembles the Umarex, it's different enough that I didn't try and replicate the DL-18 but rather built a custom blaster. I imagine it to be a later, upgraded version of the DL-18 and call it the "DL-18 D" model because my son's name begins with a D. ;)

A5 (1).JPG

A4.JPG

The greeblies and the scope are resin casts. The scope is a frankenscope, pieced together from a nice, hollow 3D kit I've ordered from a guy called Michael Solvig and that was a good base for super detailing. The ring with the inscription is from Shapeways and was designed by Chubs and Doggers. It wasn't designed to go on this scope so marrying the two was a different story altogether! I've added the cast structure, achieved with "stone texture" effect spray plus all the tiny screws and a clear lens, made also from resin. The scissor parts on the sides were made from 2mm plastic sheet and the rocket is from some plane model I broke many years ago. I think it was an Eurofighter jet in 1/72 but don't quote me on that!

A3 (1).JPG

A2 (1).JPG
A1.JPG

The cone shaped part underneath the barrel that resembles the "marker cap" is the rubber housing from a 6,3 mm jack plug. The hole is where the cord would run through. In the front there's the road wheel of a Tamiya or Italeri 1/35 StuG from my leftover box that fit perfectly into the opening.

jack.JPG

I have tried to make the blaster look like it has been picked up at the Great Pit of Carkoon, where it was dropped by some unlucky henchman or skiff guard so I added sand colored pigments in areas where it would most likely accumulate. My goal was to make something that looks like it belongs into an OT Star Wars movie and I'm very pleased with the end result.

Here is my blaster based on Clint Eastwood's gun in the "dollars trilogy". I gutted a cheap bb gun, tore the barrel and cylinder out. The front half is a mix of dimmer switches and plumbing parts that i bolted in. I replaced the cylinder with a bit of steel pipe with copper wire wrapped around it, and added a cover that used to be an RC car chassis. Then I made a wood inlay with a metal krayt dragon inlay. Finally, i painted the trigger guard, added the cheapest scope i could find, and inserted a bunch of lead-free solder to make up for the weight i cut out.
blaster.jpg

There is an Italian toy gun company named "Villa Giocattoli" and their "Condor" model looks similar to the Umarex pellet gun that was the base for the DL-18 blaster but, unlike the Umarex, you can still buy it for around 20 to 30 bucks. It has some decorative knurling on the barrel and other parts and while it resembles the Umarex, it's different enough that I didn't try and replicate the DL-18 but rather built a custom blaster. I imagine it to be a later, upgraded version of the DL-18 and call it the "DL-18 D" model because my son's name begins with a D. ;)

View attachment 1539541

View attachment 1539542

The greeblies and the scope are resin casts. The scope is a frankenscope, pieced together from a nice, hollow 3D kit I've ordered from a guy called Michael Solvig and that was a good base for super detailing. The ring with the inscription is from Shapeways and was designed by Chubs and Doggers. It wasn't designed to go on this scope so marrying the two was a different story altogether! I've added the cast structure, achieved with "stone texture" effect spray plus all the tiny screws and a clear lens, made also from resin. The scissor parts on the sides were made from 2mm plastic sheet and the rocket is from some plane model I broke many years ago. I think it was an Eurofighter jet in 1/72 but don't quote me on that!

View attachment 1539543

View attachment 1539544View attachment 1539545

The cone shaped part underneath the barrel that resembles the "marker cap" is the rubber housing from a 6,3 mm jack plug. The hole is where the cord would run through. In the front there's the road wheel of a Tamiya or Italeri 1/35 StuG from my leftover box that fit perfectly into the opening.

View attachment 1539558

I have tried to make the blaster look like it has been picked up at the Great Pit of Carkoon, where it was dropped by some unlucky henchman or skiff guard so I added sand colored pigments in areas where it would most likely accumulate. My goal was to make something that looks like it belongs into an OT Star Wars movie and I'm very pleased with the end result.
I love the way you mounted the scope!

Refining a design a little bit further. Decided to reduce print time and the amount of filament used by replacing the majority of the barrel with PVC pipe, which was almost, but not quite, the same OD as the barrel I’d initially designed. Then I got to thinking the knobs on the side could be threaded, then I thought maybe they could hold a scope mount, and here we are.
69242EE7-4A9F-4951-8A1E-FBBAF7D7E2C8.jpeg
6EB583CD-F82C-4E3E-A088-3D97CD205597.jpeg

Hello again all! Just wanted to drop some photos off of a new project I am working on. Not sure where the inspiration came from other than I try to build blasters that I can actually use in Airsoft as I play it quite regularly. Got hyped back up by Book of Boba and this is the newest result of the trend, base gun is a handheld 40mm grenade launcher. What are some of your thoughts? Some recommendations going forward on it? It’s not finished, some painting and weathering left, maybe some more green lies. Hope you enjoy!
4D2EC21C-E7CC-4290-9CD0-AC38F16B6291.jpeg
7C1D1984-923C-48D3-94DA-79306ED9E52B.jpeg
0DB1E3BF-8CF4-44DA-9BE7-9FBD7BA77148.jpeg
44CF29A6-B9B8-4307-BDF6-13CC84003882.jpeg
A1521C35-347C-4437-8B5C-E20D8CFCCB4F.jpeg
A606EBA4-BBE0-4827-AA7E-A46A3A90621C.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back