The Mandalorian (TV series)

There are certainly worse plans for a guy that's spent his life gettin shot at.

Though I suspect it's more too do with his own take on the Mandalorian creed. His dad didn't care about showing his face, but Boba certainly seemed to. He probably followed something closer to the old ways, and felt dishonored or defeated, when he had to go without his helmet and armor.

Either way, I don't expect we'll see an official answer to that question out of The Mandalorian any time soon.

Never removing the helmet.

It's just stupid. It makes every character in the show called The Mandalorian more interesting. Plus Mando seams to be the most uninformed person in the show or Galaxy. Everyone else knows lots but our hero is insanely ignorant, naive and clueless.

Never heard of the Jedi. Seriously. Has any human on the planet involved with society on any level not heard of Donald Trump or Darth Vader, The United Nations. Please!!!!!!!

I still love it but dang guys. I think our love of this show is more about desperation than it being genuinely good. At best, overall the show quality, writing, character development is okay with major flaws.

If not for the God awful prequels and vomit inducing sequels I doubt we would even like it.

Gonna go stare at all my Mando Merch now.

I am Star Wars' bitch. I accepted it a long time ago.

Umm, have you seen the commercials for Ewan McGregor's motorcycle ride from Argentina to California? He's in a room of 10ish year old kids try to explain who he is. He asks 'have you seen Star Wars?' and they all are like 'What's Star Wars?' So, if you're raised on a backwater (outer rim) planet that wasn't really involved in the war, then yeah, you may very well no know who Luke or Han or Leia is/are.

Go ask people around the world who Colin Powell is. You'll get a whole lot of 'i don't know's'. Not that far off of a comparison either. Hell, you'll like be surprised how many people in the US don't know who he is.

There are certainly worse plans for a guy that's spent his life gettin shot at.

Though I suspect it's more too do with his own take on the Mandalorian creed. His dad didn't care about showing his face, but Boba certainly seemed to. He probably followed something closer to the old ways, and felt dishonored or defeated, when he had to go without his helmet and armor.

Either way, I don't expect we'll see an official answer to that question out of The Mandalorian any time soon.

Where do you get that Boba cared at all? We seem him briefly as a kid, then not until ESB for about 70 seconds of screen time and then 15 years later in the SE's he got about 60 seconds more screen time.

Just going by what's available.

Most of Fett's EU stuff hasn't been invalidated. It's only stories about him after return of the jedi that don't fit any more. So until something comes out that "overwrites" them, they're as good as anything for me to go by.

In all of those, he never took off the helmet, and sometimes had to actively explain that he wouldn't. That fits well enough with the children of the watch, and some other mandalorian comic appearance lore to apply the children of the watch mentality as his rationale. It certainly wasn't the intent of the authors and artists at the time, but it fits now.

He's also got a few appearances in the cartoons, before he gets some proper mando armor; I don't believe he ever takes the helmet off in those either.

The point where the eu stuff stops fitting with the "official" narrative is post return of the jedi. there's plenty of comics that deal with him after that. he looses his armor, escapes the sarlac, and gets off world, gets a new ship, and goes about his bounty hunter ways without his mandalorian armor. For whatever reason, filoni and gang have decided that fett never does that. spends years on tatoine. The best explanation I can think of for that, is some sort of personal choice. the idea that maybe he followed something close to what din follows makes good enough sense to me. There's no reason he'd be "stuck" on tatoine. He's not R5, it's not like he's owned or not allowed to book passage off world. He's able to survive alone out in the desert, so he's not injured. He's on tatoine by choice.

Now, maybe filoni just thinks he'd retire after a cluster **** like the sail barge escape. could be. wouldn't hurt my feelings. but I doubt that's his motivation.

I also doubt we'll ever find out what the reason is for sure. Not from this TV show at least.

It's kind of funny though. We're in this weird circular story telling situation now.

Boba fett is the core inspiration and guide for all the eu and cannon material on mandalorians.
His own father is based on being another version of what he is as an adult.
His own comics are extrapolations of his short time on screen.
The mandos in other comics, going all the way back to Revan's time are inspired and guided by fett's eu legacy in books and comics, and his short time on screen.
the mandalorian is inspires by all of those things.
and now we're trying to figure out how fett fits into the world of lore that's all driven by him in the first place. lol. it's a weird story telling experiment.

Oh there are Rumors out there of SLJ returning....

I have had it with the moofmilkin Jedi and moofmilkin Sith coming back from the Moofmilkin dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...But partially-trained Anakin was able to do it just fine. No, he hadn't just had his hands cut off and gotten hit by lightning, but once the initial shock wore off, Mace'd be able to act -- and still falling. The Chancellor's office was on the far side of the Senate complex, overlooking one of the deeper canyons of the cityscape. When you have a less-experienced character do the same thing one film prior, that undercuts the finality of "falling from a height on Coruscant".

All Boba has going for him is the EU already getting him out of the sarlacc three different ways. Me, I still stand by the headcanon that it wasn't Boba that went into the sarlacc in the first place. Too many costume differences. I can forgive most of them as saying he had other pieces that he wore on different occasions, but a similarly-painted helmet, also heavily weathered, with a different color and number of hatchmarks and an identical dent in the same place? Me, I say imposter. Possibly even a clone passing himself off as Boba. Spar did it in the EU, after all. I prefer the narrative that Boba dropped the Hancicle off, collected his pay, and left. And then Jabba let his personal Boba-imposter that he kept on retainer to intimidate people out of the closet he'd stashed him in. ROTJ armor on Tatooine in ANH, ESB armor while tracking Han in his ship, then back to ROTJ armor on Tatooine in ROTJ? Two different people.
1606611746381.png

Last edited:
Umm, have you seen the commercials for Ewan McGregor's motorcycle ride from Argentina to California? He's in a room of 10ish year old kids try to explain who he is. He asks 'have you seen Star Wars?' and they all are like 'What's Star Wars?' So, if you're raised on a backwater (outer rim) planet that wasn't really involved in the war, then yeah, you may very well no know who Luke or Han or Leia is/are.

Go ask people around the world who Colin Powell is. You'll get a whole lot of 'i don't know's'. Not that far off of a comparison either. Hell, you'll like be surprised how many people in the US don't know who he is.

It's a movie. The Ewan thing trying to explain. Not a real world changing event. In our pretend Universe there is no way people don't know and have never heard of the Jedi.

That is like asking a Cuban if he ever heard of Che Guevara five years after the revolution. Not gonna find anyone who does not know who he is, or someone in any modern country saying they have never heard of the Catholic Church.

It's all good to disagree. If you were right I would of course agree with you. No worries.

Boba not Boba in Jedi.

The Emperor did not die.

Han and Leia had a bitch instead of a son.

Jedi ghosts can interact. Well hell that would make things easy.

Ray be all that

Mace be fine, albeit a bit shorter. (Ya know, cause he fell hard and landed,....he ended up shorter. It's a falling and landing joke.)

Emperor make a clone of crusty Snoke, cause that is what you would do. He apparently needed a lot of them too.

Good God no wonder we cling to The Mandalorian.

Oh yeah I forgot:

Luke said screw the universe. I have unleashed a new Darth Vader who actually has a good reason for turning to the Dark Side thanks to me (Still not sure what made Vader do it) and as a result I am taking off to leave my sister to deal with it. My buddy Han also a douchebag absentee father.

Oh yeah. Good Star Wars.

Man I am in a mood today. So sorry.

You've clearly never seen the videos where they ask random people who George Washington is. Or ask them what Watergate was. Who Hitler is.

Fair enough but do you really want to compare Mando to those moranic but fine examples of why Democracy does not work?

Seriously you are using those morons as a defense?????

It's kind of funny though. We're in this weird circular story telling situation now.

Boba fett is the core inspiration and guide for all the eu and cannon material on mandalorians.
His own father is based on being another version of what he is as an adult.
His own comics are extrapolations of his short time on screen.
The mandos in other comics, going all the way back to Revan's time are inspired and guided by fett's eu legacy in books and comics, and his short time on screen.
the mandalorian is inspires by all of those things.
and now we're trying to figure out how fett fits into the world of lore that's all driven by him in the first place. lol. it's a weird story telling experiment.

It’s like a perverted poetry...

Just finished this week's episode. I thought I would be happier without lightsabers in this show. Just let it do its own thing.

I was wrong. I was very wrong. That was awesome.
Having never watched The Clone Wars or Rebels, did the lightsabers in those shows have a different sound, like these did in The Mandalorian? I really liked that they didn't use the same old saber sound FX - they actually sounded kinda' scary. :oops:

Never removing the helmet.

It's just stupid. It makes every character in the show called The Mandalorian more interesting. Plus Mando seams to be the most uninformed person in the show or Galaxy. Everyone else knows lots but our hero is insanely ignorant, naive and clueless.

Never heard of the Jedi. Seriously. Has any human on the planet involved with society on any level not heard of Donald Trump or Darth Vader, The United Nations. Please!!!!!!!

I still love it but dang guys. I think our love of this show is more about desperation than it being genuinely good. At best, overall the show quality, writing, character development is okay with major flaws.

If not for the God awful prequels and vomit inducing sequels I doubt we would even like it.

Gonna go stare at all my Mando Merch now.

I am Star Wars' bitch. I accepted it a long time ago.

I also think it's dumb, but Disney can do whatever they want. As for him not knowing about Jedi, it's not believable. I can buy that there are people in the galaxy who don't know about Jedi, especially after the Purge where you could be jailed or killed for talking about Jedi. What I can't buy is that this guy is Death Watch and he was never told about the other Mandalorians, their sworn enemy and kind of an important thing for members to know, and that they wouldn't know about the Jedi who the Mandalorians have fought against in the past (which is canon now). It's like NATO members not being told about Russia or China.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back