The Mandalorian (TV series)

I'm fine with some references. As long as they don't pull the focus off Mando and all the core characters of this show, which the first season was smart enough to understand. Plus they need to stay away from Luke. Far far away. They've already done enough damage to him.
I agree with you on the Mando point. I'm fine with an appearance of Luke training new Jedi and entering in the Mandolorian briefly to pronounce some input on The Childs fate because if he is tied to Anakin and the temple on Coruscant its inherently tied to Luke to show him thats what the dark side looks like but " My Father " was mistaken and show him the light the be done with his appearance. I don't think that would hurt Luke...thats what we all wanted to see from him anyway

Actually, thinking of it, the bit that irked me about the Thrawn namedrop was not the fact itself (although that too) but the way it was done...
It was like in TFA:
"the droid is on the Millennium Falcon. With your fhaaaaaaather. Haaaaan Sooooloooo..."
Nobody talks like that...I know dramatic effect and **** but come on, I' sure it could have been written better.

Helmet never coming off in front of other alive beings is a clever trick, as it also includes the audience at home. The backstory is still not entirely fleshed out, but there's enough to make it plausible to me, with the first season's plot point when IG gets to remove it, whilst also allowing the audience to feel like we've snuck a peek when we shouldn't have. For me it has been explained enough to make sense, whilst having more room for future interactions with other Mandalorians that go deep into what his upbringing was, and who the watch is.

Was that intentional on their part, or just my own in head explanation? Who knows, but it works for me.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility of not hearing about the Jedi order etc. When using examples of real world things, that doesn't take into account the fact that Star Wars encompasses the galaxy, and that number of beings within in it etc, not just an individual planet like ours (where even now we have no clue about a lot of things on it, let alone the solar system it is in). Plus he was a child during the Clone Wars, who then was taken in by a reclusive religious sect. It'd be surprising if he had a handle on all events during that.

I get that Dinn seems clueless and ignorant, but that could be the point. He learns at the same time we do for most people watching. Plus which is worse to watch; Someone who is clueless but is learning, does do some cool things that make sense to their character, then shows some faults. Or someone that can do almost anything, learn anything almost instantaneously, all whilst never failing at anything?

The guild part I took to be him simply telling someone what they want to hear, to get to where he wants to go, with minimal effort or need to fight.

Yaddle was not a council member when Ahsoka became Anakin's padawan, so when Ahsoka says she only knew Yoda, it makes sense after all the interaction she had with him and the council in Clone Wars. Plus it's also shown that she didn't know every Jedi in the temple in the episode where she loses her sabers.

Now that we know more about Grogu's backstory, what I'm really curious about is that group of Nikto mercenaries that Din and IG-11 dusted at the compound on Arvala-7. They were probably good guys trying to protect the child from the Empire, no?

That's always been an unanswered and unaddressed question I've had, but now with more context, it totally reframes that confrontation.

Now that we know more about Grogu's backstory, what I'm really curious about is that group of Nikto mercenaries that Din and IG-11 dusted at the compound on Arvala-7. They were probably good guys trying to protect the child from the Empire, no?

That's always been an unanswered and unaddressed question I've had, but now with more context, it totally reframes that confrontation.

Naw, those would have been some sort of mercs that got a hold of him. the line asoka says is something like "he was hidden, but that began a time of darkness" and he "had to hide his powers to survive". So while the kid was hidden from the empire at the temple, at some point he fell into nefarious hands (it's been 25 something years since that night), and was likely traded stolen, bargained for, etc for at least some chunk of it all.

Freeing Navarro of Imperial rule for Greef Karga restored his Guild membership, if you remember the last 2 episodes of season.

Yea, I remembered something like that. I took that to be the "last time he checked". Meaning that if any of his other escapades since then had gotten him ousted, or if the guild was even still really running, he didn't know, but wasn't going to volunteer that information.

I think your describing Dunn's conflict, not writing inconsistentcy. Dinn is struggling with his identify, what it means to be a Mandelorian and now a father figure.

I agree as far as Mando's struggles, but he is kind of like a teen/early twenties who thinks he knows everything. I was so that guy. A lot of his choices would make more sense then. I would like that emphasized on the show. I think he is inexperienced which is why honestly Pedro is too old but in the words of the great Daddy Warbucks,...Whatever!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me now, while I have been here bitching about the show I have not checked my email/ tracking in the last ten minutes to see where my lifesize The Child is.

No.
Boba fett is likely done with.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1606593994553.png

I am old school. I like the Hero to lose sometimes, be humbled. Indy got the crap beat out of him. Luke barely survived ESB and only at Vader's mercy.

Tell me it would not be epic for a fully re-armored/armed Boba Fett and Mando to go toe to toe and for Mando to get his ass kicked.

Plus Boba rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Could have been nifty under certain circumstances. But Fett would have been dicking around on tatoine for 5+ years. if they've got him doing that in this new back story, seems like he just considers himself disgraced and done. sure wouldn't have taken him that long to get off world if he wanted. Looks like the new fett story is that he survived but went hermit.

If they want to somehow drag the character back into things in a later season, they could, but I don't see him showing back up this season, and see little use for having him back in another season.

All the old boba fett comics and books are still out there, and still fun to read. it's all fiction, so the fact taht there's new versions of the fiction doesn't make the old stuff less entertaining to read.

Moff Gideon, Boba Fett, Ahsoka Tano... Are we really meant to believe they're going to have some kind of interesting conclusion for all of these threads in 3 episodes?
I don't think we are meant to believe we get answers to all the questions and plot threads in the next 3 episodes. Season 1 left plenty of unanswered questions, and the now widely quoted and used as click bait article fuel interview with Moff Gideon's actor Giancarlo Esposito has discussed how we won't really start to get a lot of Answers and Pay Offs until "Seasons 3 and 4." I'm sure much like last seasons in the next 3 episodes we will get a significant conflict that spans over at least over the last 2 episodes that serves as a fitting season finale that ties up something, but still leaves the door upon to hold out interest for Season 3.

I'm personal trying not to speculate too much anymore at this point and just enjoy the ride, but my money is something happening with the Child, probably being captured back by Gideon, who Din and a collection of Allies will have to rescue. I'm guessing we won't see or hear from Ahsoka, Boba, or Bo-Katan until at least next season.

Overall I liked the last Episode.Now we know whats the Childs name,we know what he did before and we know that Beskar cannot be destroyed from a lightsaber.And I think Rosario dawson is a cool Ahsoka.
And I think it could a lovestory between her and Mando in the future?Don´t forget...he loves Twi´leks.I know she is a Togruta...but they look very similar. ;)

Also could the other jedi be a purple lightsaber wielding one? I mean we never saw a body.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If no one ever dies what is the point.

Love that Mother f&#@^r Jedi as much as the next Motherf#%$R but he needs to stay dead. Let's not get carried away with Jedi powers.

One good line from the prequels.

Anakin-"No one can kill a Jedi."

Qui-Gon "I wish that were true."
...But you're okay with Boba coming back from "certain death".

Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker fell from lower down and was just fine. Jedi Master and Council member Mace Windu fell from the highest window of the highest building. He had plenty of time to control his pain and manage a soft landing somewhere. Falling tends to not kill someone, especially someone strong and skilled in the Force. It's the sudden stop at the end, and, if you can avoid that...

I've been seriously hoping against hope, since before the Sequels were announced, to someday see this:

1606602695487.png

Yes, for a variety of reasons.

First Boba rules.

Second Boba, given his armament and skill could easily get out of the Sarlacc.

Third Jedi can not fly, soft land, or jump off skyscrapers and survive. He is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump a little higher sure, get fried by Sith lightning and thrown out of a super high skyscraper,...c'mon!!!

Lucas even said killing Boba like that was a mistake but the Evil Emperor has to do something to rise to power.

Plus if you are okay with Mace coming back you must be okay with the Emperor still being alive. We know how well that went over.:sick:

and finally,...

Boba Rules. He would make Mando his bitch.

Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker fell from lower down and was just fine. Jedi Master and Council member Mace Windu fell from the highest window of the highest building. He had plenty of time to control his pain and manage a soft landing somewhere. Falling tends to not kill someone, especially someone strong and skilled in the Force. It's the sudden stop at the end, and, if you can avoid that...

I've been seriously hoping against hope, since before the Sequels were announced, to someday see this:

View attachment 1372877

Oh there are Rumors out there of SLJ returning....

...But partially-trained Anakin was able to do it just fine. No, he hadn't just had his hands cut off and gotten hit by lightning, but once the initial shock wore off, Mace'd be able to act -- and still falling. The Chancellor's office was on the far side of the Senate complex, overlooking one of the deeper canyons of the cityscape. When you have a less-experienced character do the same thing one film prior, that undercuts the finality of "falling from a height on Coruscant".

All Boba has going for him is the EU already getting him out of the sarlacc three different ways. Me, I still stand by the headcanon that it wasn't Boba that went into the sarlacc in the first place. Too many costume differences. I can forgive most of them as saying he had other pieces that he wore on different occasions, but a similarly-painted helmet, also heavily weathered, with a different color and number of hatchmarks and an identical dent in the same place? Me, I say imposter. Possibly even a clone passing himself off as Boba. Spar did it in the EU, after all. I prefer the narrative that Boba dropped the Hancicle off, collected his pay, and left. And then Jabba let his personal Boba-imposter that he kept on retainer to intimidate people out of the closet he'd stashed him in. ROTJ armor on Tatooine in ANH, ESB armor while tracking Han in his ship, then back to ROTJ armor on Tatooine in ROTJ? Two different people.

Could have been nifty under certain circumstances. But Fett would have been dicking around on tatoine for 5+ years. if they've got him doing that in this new back story, seems like he just considers himself disgraced and done. sure wouldn't have taken him that long to get off world if he wanted. Looks like the new fett story is that he survived but went hermit.

If they want to somehow drag the character back into things in a later season, they could, but I don't see him showing back up this season, and see little use for having him back in another season.

All the old boba fett comics and books are still out there, and still fun to read. it's all fiction, so the fact taht there's new versions of the fiction doesn't make the old stuff less entertaining to read.

Maybe Fett just found it a good time to retire. Let people think he’s dead. Cash in his chips, live for cheap on Tatooine drinking cerveza, cheap tequila and Tusken seneoritas?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back