The Mandalorian (TV series)

Asoka's dead in the final 3. Her dead ass jedi voice is heard with the rest of the dead ass jedi voices. And what's his name from rebels is dead or drunk by then. The overlords at Disney said "last jedi", deal with it. All the cartoon mary sues are pushing up daisey's one way or another by the time kylo gets all moody; and they introduce Rey, the live action mary sue.

Baby Yoda is alive though. He's living on Yoda-planet 9, eating chicken nuggiez and chuggin chocky milk.

And Mando is back on shrimp forest world, using his helmet as a bong, livin life up.

*points at Asoka* "**** You."
*points at Boba Fett* "**** You."
*points at Ezra* "**** You."
*points at Rex* "You're cool."
*points at Sabine* "**** You."

I know you like them. But I like Mando, and the kid, and Cara, and Karga, and the scenery chewing masterpiece that is Guidion, and all the cool NEW characters they cross paths with. And I want to see them tell a story, and I don't need that story to be all about "6 degrees of Luke and Leia". The star wars universe is big enough to tell a story without dragging the hero from the last one in.

Now some ARE getting dragged in, so I just hope they do it well.

But you've gotta admit, all the speculation getting thrown around is about OLD characters, not a bit I can think of is about the CORE characters from THIS show. It's concerning.

I know you like them. But I like Mando, and the kid, and Cara, and Karga, and the scenery chewing masterpiece that is Guidion, and all the cool NEW characters they cross paths with. And I want to see them tell a story, and I don't need that story to be all about "6 degrees of Luke and Leia". The star wars universe is big enough to tell a story without dragging the hero from the last one in.

But you've gotta admit, all the speculation getting thrown around is about OLD characters, not a bit I can think of is about the CORE characters from THIS show. It's concerning.
Oh I didn’t mean for my defense of them to be through the lens of The Mandalorian, I kind of thought we were in the “all things SW” thread.

I am pretty vehemently anti callback/crossover etc, and as much as I love Rebels and TCW I’m very worried about this season of The Mandalorian.

This is why I didn’t want these dumb characters in this show. That’s all anybody’s even talking about now.

I dont' see them becoming a focus. It's a thing of TV shows to introduce characters like this as a means for setting up a spinoff. They may hang around for an couple episodes then say they have to get off on their mission. Mission then accompished -there's an open ended exit for them to use as the basis of another show.

I actually like that concept as distraction. Makes whatever they do with the core characters more of a suprise. I said earlier - don't worry about the old ones become core to this show. It's almost assuredly no more than a couple episodes to set up other shows. TV shows have done this for decades - though it's not usually using pre-existing established characters, but still.

I mean, i still expected to see more of Ming Na Wen (sp?) last year and this year. Seemed like a fairly big name for what turned out to be a tiny part. Maybe it's on the back burner? maybe she just wanted in SW? who knows. They also supposedly have the fett armor in the trailers...doesn't mean it is or isn't a focal point.

The more things they get people talking about means there is interest there and they can use that going forward and also allows them to cloud their true intentions.

People need to ease up on the dislike for things they haven't seen yet until, you know, AFTER they see it.

Except, I have seen those characters. And I hate them. And conceptually, their inclusion in this or any show seems bad to me. Could it be pulled off? Sure. Except, based on the current climate at Disney/Lucasfilm, the amount of work it would take to get those characters to actually work, and the backlash from fans of those characters for changing them for this show, means it’s unlikely that the end result will be acceptable to me. I get the whole “judge a book by its cover” thing, but, we’re smarter than that. We can make judgements based off of past information, trends, and our own preferences. And on top of that, look at this thread. Like the past two pages (excluding merch talk) were all focused on these cartoon characters, not on any from the show.

Who's to say their screen time lasts more than a few seconds?

It's entirely possible to run in Ahsoka, for example, not get clued in to the fact (or even explain it) that she's looking for ezra, etc. They can even allude to it without explaining it more than 'we out here looking for a fried of ours'. I think it's entirely unfounded to think they'll take over anything. Maul didn't take over squat in Rebels, but was a fun character. Same with Ahsoka for that matter.

Like I said. Can it be done well/unobtrusively? Yes. Will it? Based off of how popular those characters are, how they’ve already announced the inclusion of more cartoon characters in seasons ahead, and the fan reaction to the inclusion of those characters? Unlikely.

I'm very much looking forward to people trying to defend how the season is awesome DESPITE the inclusion of popular cartoon-originating characters in a few weeks...

I'll give you one way it'll be ok.

Rex gets to put another big'ol dent in fett's helmet, and call him a pansy.

Re watching mando I noticed his right thigh armor

What’s going on with that piece? Looks like it didn’t cast correctly, it also is painted

Any ideas why that piece is like that?

First viewing I thought he didn’t have enough material for all the armor and that was still the original armor piece.. but now it looks like it’s different

I figured it was the same one because it has that same design from the start that the full Beskar set does by the end. I’m glad I’m not the only one who keeps noticing it!

I figured it was the same one because it has that same design from the start that the full Beskar set does by the end. I’m glad I’m not the only one who keeps noticing it!

Now to me it looks like a different design but not finished beskar

I need to find better reference

Hmmm looks like it is

IMG_8415.jpg

The figure has a weird paint job.. don’t know if I’ve seen this on screen

IMG_8416.jpg

And then I just found this
IMG_8417.jpg

Is the above picture armor painted like the figure?

And the season 2 armor
IMG_8418.jpg

I hadn’t noticed that three color look, but in that image where he’s crouching near the spotchka vats I can kind of see it now. Super weird how much they’ve toyed with that one leg. The blaster hit is the big tell for me though that it’s the original red plate with the paint rubbed off. Don’t know where the black came from.

I hadn’t noticed that three color look, but in that image where he’s crouching near the spotchka vats I can kind of see it now. Super weird how much they’ve toyed with that one leg. The blaster hit is the big tell for me though that it’s the original red plate with the paint rubbed off. Don’t know where the black came from.
i see the 3 tone color here (on the right), red, dark grey, and then the raw finish
a7bf79f0-107d-49c1-b4ba-47d975afdc0d-png.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back