The Mandalorian (TV series)

Gonna guess: Because Jango didn't toe the pacifist, no-armor-wearing New Mandalorian line, and then also didn't join Death Watch. So both camps claiming to be the real Mandalorians disavowed him. I wonder if something like Jaster Mereel's True Mandalorians of the comics are going to make a side-door entrance...

My hypothesis is, that it was a line added to head off the inevitable discussion of whether that would make the all the clones mandalorians.

My hypothesis is, that it was a line added to head off the inevitable discussion of whether that would make the all the clones mandalorians.

Mandalorian is a creed, not a race. It wouldn't matter if the Fetts were accepted as Mando any more or not, the clones who didn't embrace Mandalorian culture (language, customs, etc, like the ARC troopers), they aren't Mandalorian.

I'm going to make a guess now... I'm thinking this season will be dealing with Gideon, then Boba will get a hold of the Child in or near the finale, & season 3 will be the chase to rescue the kid.

Speaking about Boba not being Mandalorian, it just hit me the storytelling potential of having Bo Katan & Din having conflicting ideas on what it means to be ' Mandalorian'.

I mean, she's genetically a Mando & has fought to preserve the culture & planet. Is he going to question her Mando-ness because she removes her helmet? Is he even a Mandalorian in her eyes? Add to that, he's indebted to Death Watch as his saviors, & although not implicitly stated, I'm pretty sure that the armorer was loyal to Maul back in the day.

Mandalorian is a creed, not a race. It wouldn't matter if the Fetts were accepted as Mando any more or not, the clones who didn't embrace Mandalorian culture (language, customs, etc, like the ARC troopers), they aren't Mandalorian.

Yes I know that.

That "it's a creed" line is a new addition to their history, that wasn't the case during the Clone Wars series and was not mentioned until the Mandalorian series. That doesn't contradict my thought that they added that line about Fett in Clone Wars to exactly settle the potential argument of whether the Clones are, or not Mandalorians. It's like the whole helmet removal thing. It's a new addition. Not what was always a characteristic of them.

Yes I know that.

That "it's a creed" line is a new addition to their history, that wasn't the case during the Clone Wars series and was not mentioned until the Mandalorian series. That doesn't contradict my thought that they added that line about Fett in Clone Wars to exactly settle the potential argument of whether the Clones are, or not Mandalorians. It's like the whole helmet removal thing. It's a new addition. Not what was always a characteristic of them.

Actually, not true. None of the Clones really considered themselves Mandalorian, and none of the Mandalorian trainers considered them Mandalorian either.

If rumours are true why is Temura playing Boba and not Daniel? Seems a bit strange as Daniel's physique is very similar to the Boba we know. IIRC Temura is quite well built unless he has slimmed down since AOTC?

Strange decision, but probably moreso an acting one. If I were Daniel I'd be a bit gutted though.

If rumours are true why is Temura playing Boba and not Daniel? Seems a bit strange as Daniel's physique is very similar to the Boba we know. IIRC Temura is quite well built unless he has slimmed down since AOTC?

Strange decision, but probably moreso an acting one. If I were Daniel I'd be a bit gutted though.
Because Temura was the actual canonical voice and has the face of all the Clones?

Actually, not true. None of the Clones really considered themselves Mandalorian, and none of the Mandalorian trainers considered them Mandalorian either.

I actually didn't say that they were, that the Clones thought that, or that anyone else said they were, either in real life or in universe.

My entire point on my hypothesis was exactly that. Which was that the line in the episode about Jango not being a mandalorian, was included to precisely stop that theory becoming a thing in the Star Wars universe and in real life discussions.

EYzXbDgWoAIv2Xd?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

For any interested, the Build-A-Bear 'The Child' will be back up for order tomorrow, May 26th. The deal is, you have to get into a virtual waiting room & assigned a place. When your turn comes up, you'll be able to place your order.

I know some have missed out on the past, so I wanted to give y'all a heads up.

BTTUK

To BTTUK

You’re actually John Favreau here to see what we’re all arguing about, aren’t you?

I wish I was.

Firesprite and I just had our wires crossed I think, and I just wanted to make sure I could make my point clearer. Especially as i'm not the brightest person in the world and not the best at putting my thoughts, or the meaning of them, into words.

I wish I was.

Firesprite and I just had our wires crossed I think, and I just wanted to make sure I could make my point clearer. Especially as i'm not the brightest person in the world and not the best at putting my thoughts, or the meaning of them, into words.
Nonsense. You're just fine. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back