The Mandalorian (TV series)

When I saw this.......
FD15BDFC-F270-4782-9D8F-1EE98644C1FF.jpeg

I thought, it looks so familiar......

Then I realized.....
7EF23AD2-568E-4017-A059-DC8018275F0C.jpeg

Yoda Boo Boo

Yeah even KK cracked a joke !

Faverau and Filoni were almost tripping over themselves telling the funny stories. But it was great. Seems they've had a great time making it. Half their luck.

Now the wait for season 2

I never going to be able to unsee that they used a T-70 cockpit :lol:
Fortunately they were careful not to show anything outside the cockpit. In fact, why did they even need an X-Wing? They had to do the chair and all the dressing anyway, they could've done that in a plywood box.

I wonder if they commented on how it was the wrong X-wing and it was edited out.

I'm as surprised as Filoni that there weren't any X-Wings in California. What about that full size Rogue One X-Wing they had outside the theater at the premiere? I sure hope that's safely stored.

It was neat to see how the set and prop guys were SW geeks, getting all the subtle touches in. That one guy was wrong about which R5-D4 head panel had popped out in ANH, though. ;) (Hell, I only knew because they showed a clip of the scene. ;) )

Some of their comments had such... IDK if 'wisdom' is the right word or not, but I'll say, 'insight' as to their non-toxic thoughts on the franchise. Things like, character wise, they were given all the pegwarmer figures, like the Jawas, Ugnaughts, & Devronians, but then they got one Boba Fett figure that they painted silver to make it their own. Then they just told their story.

The one that was most profound to me, was when Favreau was musing in some of the say, sillier, aspects of Star Wars, & he said that you have to give yourself permission to like them. No other word for that to me, than wisdom.

Food for thought. I'm curious when Din is rescued by the Mandalorians. Depending on when it is in the Clone Wars, that could be Death Watch... or not. After the whole Maul mess, the remnants of Death watch who sided with Maul, the syndicates, and Almec weren't painted those colors, and the Mandos who were -- Bo-Katan and her allies -- were no longer Death Watch.

My prediction would be that it is going to be Death Watch considering what Moff Gideon has possession of at the end of S1. Seems like they're trying to tie it together. Plus it's Dave Filoni.

It was absolutely Clan Vizsla that rescued young Din.

500?cb=20150106142839.png

mandalorian-clan-vizsla-sigil-600x251.png

The head of Death Watch was Pre Vizsla, so these may well have been Death Watch members as well as members of Clan Vizsla.

Last edited:
Yes, but watch Clone Wars all the way through -- including the newest season. By the time Bo gets the Darksaber in Rebels, Death Watch is no more. Pre Viszla was betrayed by Maul, who claimed Death Watch as his own. Those who objected, including Bo, renounced them. In her own words, "Death Watch no longer exists". That's why I'm so keen to learn whether Din was rescued pre or post Maul.

Yes, but watch Clone Wars all the way through -- including the newest season. By the time Bo gets the Darksaber in Rebels, Death Watch is no more. Pre Viszla was betrayed by Maul, who claimed Death Watch as his own. Those who objected, including Bo, renounced them. In her own words, "Death Watch no longer exists". That's why I'm so keen to learn whether Din was rescued pre or post Maul.

I'm guessing after. Although that wouldn't give them a whole lot of time to do that before the end of the Clone Wars. Death Watch are just in The Mandalorian because of Filoni. There's no good reason why they should be rescuing people on random planets when they were a terrorist organisation intent on removing the pacifist government on Mandalore and restoring their old warrior traditions. After Maul's coup they suddenly become the 'good guys', just because Obi-Wan's girlfriend's sister didn't like Maul for killing her murderous zealot psychopathic boyfriend. In accordance with ancient Mandalorian tradition no less (Mandalorian isn't a race, it's a creed. Who cares if Maul isn't native or human) - stinking bunch of traitors!

:p

Maul successfully ushered in precisely the revolution they were fighting for while Bo Katan's Death Watch splinter group teamed up with the pacifists and plunged the planet into civil war. This left them weak and vulnerable and easy pickings for The Great Purge when the Empire apparently came in and wiped out most of whoever was still left standing if they didn't join.

Death Watch had no interest in other worlds and were removed from the Clone Wars by default due to Mandalore's status of neutrality. Even after Maul I don't see why they'd rescue people on other random planets being invaded by the Separatists, unless it was just a method of recruiting more followers. (Foundlings) The planet isn't yet identified. So another possibility is that it was still Mandalore, in the barren rocky areas outside of the great dome cities. Obviously these people don't have it as good as city dwellers so that wouldn't make Satine's government look very good. Unless they're simply pacifist refugees looking for safety from Mandalore's civil war outside of the cities.

All of this also begs the question of how the pacifists won over the old warrior Mandalorians in the first place (which I always thought was strange) . I guess they were dispirited after having their behinds handed to them after the war with the Jedi, convincing many of them to abandon the old ways as, given it used to be a green planet, it was obviously more trouble than it was worth. Ultimately their near extinction was caused by their own stupidity. With Bo Katan personally having a lot to answer for. And this is the Mando who Sabine thinks is best suited to hold the Dark Saber?

No wonder she hasn't got it anymore.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back