The Mandalorian - full scale Child "Baby Yoda" prop

And I’ll be like...

”Yea, it’s hard being a single father, but this little guy really needs me, and I just can’t help loving him!”

Yeah, the plan is to sculpt a pallet and run it in in a soft urethane for the upper and lower mouth plate/teeth/tongue. We're going to run the skin in Dragon Skin pro tinted the right kind of green with some flocking mixed in for color texture.
I am very curious about Dragon Skin. I would LOVE it if as you build this you get especially detailed with your posts on how to do the Dragon Skin and what it takes to make sure it works. I have been considering doing a Bossk Cosplay and using dragon skin over a 3d printed jaw and "skeleton" that I would wear over my head to allow me to emote with it.

We're working on that, it will be fairly limited because of the crazy amount of work, but probably in the 450-500 neighborhood. Once we get the first one made, we'll have a better idea, hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

Here's the final sculpt with all revisions done texture cleaned up. The molding process begins in earnest tonight!

Attachments

• PSX_20191211_134822.jpg
    PSX_20191211_134822.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 389
  • PSX_20191211_134716.jpg
    PSX_20191211_134716.jpg
    724.1 KB · Views: 396
  • PSX_20191211_134622.jpg
    PSX_20191211_134622.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 391
  • PSX_20191211_134537.jpg
    PSX_20191211_134537.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 322
We're working on that, it will be fairly limited because of the crazy amount of work, but probably in the 450-500 neighborhood. Once we get the first one made, we'll have a better idea, hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

For a kit or a completed piece?

This is so impressive!! Mine looks like a green mess. (I’ve never sculpted anything before.) I also ordered the scary Disney version. I’d much rather pay the money for what you’ve done!

Thanks everyone for all the kind words - it's coming along. After some trial and error, I have a good process for the molds - using Smoothcast 65d in 4 layers with a clay part line, gave a very nice, very tight locking finished resin mold, perfect for casting silicon into. Was able to cast up a test hand in Dragon Skin Pro with coloring and flock combined. Also fashioned some nails from primo, baked em, and glued them in place with silpoxy. No paint on this yet, that will come after the other molds are finished! Still have to revise the color formula, and I have some smaller flock coming in to add to the overall pigmentation.

Attachments

• 20191211_220537.jpg
    20191211_220537.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 356
  • 20191212_002720.jpg
    20191212_002720.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 383
Thanks everyone for all the kind words - it's coming along. After some trial and error, I have a good process for the molds - using Smoothcast 65d in 4 layers with a clay part line, gave a very nice, very tight locking finished resin mold, perfect for casting silicon into. Was able to cast up a test hand in Dragon Skin Pro with coloring and flock combined. Also fashioned some nails from primo, baked em, and glued them in place with silpoxy. No paint on this yet, that will come after the other molds are finished! Still have to revise the color formula, and I have some smaller flock coming in to add to the overall pigmentation.

That looks PERFECT. WOW! I cannot wait for this to go in my office at work. Not just the hand, I mean. [emoji6]
Nice work!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back