The Mandalorian: Ahsoka lightsabers (Season 2 Gallery Spoilers)

im pretty convinced these were made from scratch from production since filoni goes into detail on how many variations they used because of the bulky battery they were using.. but curious as to what others think
That's my take on it. Sounds like they were custom made & they iterated to make them as slim as they could while still getting what they needed inside. It was nice to hear that Filoni stayed on them about how they looked. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well they matched up with what we saw in Rebels.
Khal's hilts are the only ones I'm familiar with, and they definitely don't look like those to me. The main thing I noticed right away watching the episode is they look thicker than his.

Here’s one fact I forgot— Filoni did all the character designs for rebels. A prop person didn’t design her lightsabers, he did for Rebels. The Mando team didn’t have to reference toys or fan recreations, Filoni could give them the art. At the very least, they would have access to the renders from Rebels.

Here’s one fact I forgot— Filoni did all the character designs for rebels. A prop person didn’t design her lightsabers, he did for Rebels. The Mando team didn’t have to reference toys or fan recreations, Filoni could give them the art. At the very least, they would have access to the renders from Rebels.
Yeah, I'm sure they had all the reference material they needed in addition to having the creator himself there to offer guidance. For the rest of us, he posted a guide back in 2015 ahead of Celebration. It's a fantastic reference for the colors (like how the shoto is darker than the main hilt).

From the behind the scenes footage what is the best guess of the size of Polycarbonate tubing used for the blades?
I can’t decide if it is 1” or 7/8”.

Last edited:
Anybody making replicas of these sabers in metal?

If not, who has the best hilts finished for display?

** I want the new Mando design from Season 2...not the Clone Wars design

thanks!

Soloshold is on it and his next big project, model is done. He’s just waiting to finish his starkiller run

guys got a bunch he’s machining right now

2021 blind knight
Starkiller elite
Corran horn

The belt hangers worn by Ahsoka in the Ep. 6 of the Bobba Fett series look to be the same thinner "hero" hilts from the Mandalorian.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.55.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.55.07 AM.png
    868.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.54.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.54.52 AM.png
    812.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.51.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.51.50 AM.png
    731.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.51.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.51.23 AM.png
    540.5 KB · Views: 169
You're right. It looks lighter for some reason. My screen capture wasn't high res so getting a good high res capture wil lbe great
i dont know if it has anything to do with filming, i really haven't dug into it yet, but it looks like the pommels are different, dont quote me on that though

i know they had sizing issues in season2 and they 3d printed a few different sizes, when they finally got the right size they couldn't fit the batteries in them, so they are actually up her sleeves

pretty sure all those stunts she used were resin in season 2, would love to see more of them

Bless you , I didn’t know about this site. I use starwarsscreencaps.com but they take awhile to put them up

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back