The Mandalorian: Ahsoka lightsabers (Season 2 Gallery Spoilers)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Dormouse

im pretty convinced these were made from scratch from production since filoni goes into detail on how many variations they used because of the bulky battery they were using.. but curious as to what others think
That's my take on it. Sounds like they were custom made & they iterated to make them as slim as they could while still getting what they needed inside. It was nice to hear that Filoni stayed on them about how they looked. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well they matched up with what we saw in Rebels.
Khal's hilts are the only ones I'm familiar with, and they definitely don't look like those to me. The main thing I noticed right away watching the episode is they look thicker than his.

SethS

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here’s one fact I forgot— Filoni did all the character designs for rebels. A prop person didn’t design her lightsabers, he did for Rebels. The Mando team didn’t have to reference toys or fan recreations, Filoni could give them the art. At the very least, they would have access to the renders from Rebels.

Dormouse

Here’s one fact I forgot— Filoni did all the character designs for rebels. A prop person didn’t design her lightsabers, he did for Rebels. The Mando team didn’t have to reference toys or fan recreations, Filoni could give them the art. At the very least, they would have access to the renders from Rebels.
Yeah, I'm sure they had all the reference material they needed in addition to having the creator himself there to offer guidance. For the rest of us, he posted a guide back in 2015 ahead of Celebration. It's a fantastic reference for the colors (like how the shoto is darker than the main hilt).

zachman8910

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
From the behind the scenes footage what is the best guess of the size of Polycarbonate tubing used for the blades?
I can’t decide if it is 1” or 7/8”.

Last edited: