The Hobbit: Black Arrow replica

The Saruman staff is taken from the molds of the one in the Hobbit, so it will be 100% accurate..The size issue I believe is because of the measurements from the packaging, and not the staff itself..

It id really hard to get WETA stuff here... You need a cedit card for the weta shop page and at local toy and comic shops WETA stuff appears with a delay, sometimes more thant 3 months...

I'Ve heard that the Saruman staff is not acurate as all there were some discussions about the size...

I really don't know, I like WETA, no question, but when it comes to swords or weapons, I always prefer UC. Finally, I have to say, it depends on the price... I also try to get the stuff as cheap as possible, but in Europe I have to spent a little fortune, I guess.

Maybe I can find a volunteer, who can order one more arrow for me, same for the gandalf stuff... I fear this thing won't make it to Europe before it is sold out...

As I had a bit of spare time over the holidays, I sat for a bit to make a 3D model of this with the thought of 3d printing the head part, smoothing it out, making a mold and cold casting it.

Anyway, I thought id share what I feel the dimensions are based on the one from budk and the reference images provided in this thread.
Unfortunately solidworks flex tool doesnt like to leave smooth shapes behind after its done its thing...

View attachment 421127View attachment 421128View attachment 421129

AWESOME! i did the same when i started this thread. what program did u use?

Finally my Black Arrow from UC arrived... A very nice replica... Does anyone have an idea to present it in horizontal direction on the wall including the original wall plaque?!?

The problem is, that the top is very heavy and the rest is very light, so the wallplaque alone is not very safe to use it for this position... Any ideas?

Finally my Black Arrow from UC arrived... A very nice replica... Does anyone have an idea to present it in horizontal direction on the wall including the original wall plaque?!?

The problem is, that the top is very heavy and the rest is very light, so the wallplaque alone is not very safe to use it for this position... Any ideas?

Maybe you could make a smaller Wall-plaque to add to the front part of the arrow, That way it would hold the top up a little better.

It's an idea. A smaller wood plaque would mean to recreate the design of the UC wall plaques. I'm not very talented in such things like drawing, etc. But I hope to get something like a simple, black hook to hold the top...

tumblr_n33kw7oiCD1rinujvo5_1280.jpgLuke-as-Girion.jpg1659392-o_1960elgqdhn8cke1ol315vt1fnf13-full.pnggirion-lord-of-dale-bards-ancestor-174-years-before-events-of-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug.jpg

Congrats on the acquisition. Pictures...?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back