The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Finished up my blasters and helmet.
2019-10-11 10.17.01-1.jpg
2019-10-11 10.17.27-1.jpg
2019-10-11 10.18.05.jpg
2019-10-11 10.18.32-1.jpg
2019-10-11 10.18.58-1.jpg
2019-10-11 10.20.49.jpg

Hello guys! Anyone could be interested in the Hasbro Star Lord Helmet? I've one to sell to grab a chance to take the 40th anniversary Walkman.

Thanks to reading me and have a nice day.

If anyone is interested, the EFX helmet has finally arrived. It's available to ship from Sideshow. Other retailers should have it soon.

were can i find the vol 2 shirt?
Merchoid has one... not sure how accurate the fabric is but...

Cheers
Steven

Did Hasbro change anything with this years re-release of the helmet? The guy at GameStop tried telling me they did something with the eyes but I highly doubt he knew what he was talking about.

does anybody know if a 3d printable part is out there for anybody who uses a LED kit? It would be an insert that surrounds the LEDs this way you wouldn't have to use blue lenses?

does anybody know if a 3d printable part is out there for anybody who uses a LED kit? It would be an insert that surrounds the LEDs this way you wouldn't have to use blue lenses?
Did you ever find a good kit for the eyes? I’ve contacted just about everyone that used to make nice ones and no one has them anymore.

Which of the various 3D models is considered the best one to use for a facemask build? This is one of those times when more doesn't necessarily help. I have 3D printers but printing them all out and seeing which one I should finish seems like the wrong approach.

I have the jacket (long) and the walkman. I am thinking current circumstances would be a good time to wear them for my (few) trips out for groceries etc. But I need an appropriate mask.

If there is a 3D model that I could tweak in inventor, I could make just a lower half mask...

Hey there, fellow space outlaws. I’m brand new to the forum but I’ve been taking tips from this thread for almost two years as I’ve assembled and refined my Vol. 1 garb. Right now I’m specifically attempting to figure something out for affixing my jets to my boots. In the past I’ve tried a few things, like zip tying them to the metal rings along the sides (which caused them to list) and looping a velcro band through the jet base and wrapping that around my leg (which doesn’t look great).

I’ve scoured this thread and Google a couple times looking for ideas. The closest I’ve come is someone mentioning that they use magnets for everything. So I bought some magnets. I’m in testing right now, seeing how many I need to make sure they are firmly attached and won’t fall off if I break into a run.

So how do you guys do it? Thanks for the tips!

Hi guys! I'm new here so I don't know quite yet how it all works (hope I'm posting this at the right place, otherwise feel free to redirect me).
I recently got an Infinity Orb replica and I'd like to find a stand base like in the movie to display it.
I found a kit on Etsy but it is not painted. Where can I found one ? :) thanks for your help!

[mention]BryanI305 [/mention] I’ve seen people use multiple rare earth magnets, or industrial strength velcro, or a combo of 3D-printed mount/magnets built directly into the boot. You could also try short bolts and locking nuts depending how thick your boots are. Might just run into some discomfort that way...

Hey pals! I just discovered this thread a couple of nights ago and have been reading through it. It obviously goes back a ways. I’m looking for a good Vol 1. short jacket and honestly not sure the best place to go. Magnoli has a very nice one but it’s very expensive. I saw one on eFX’s website but it’s not available and that page has been up since 2016. Any suggestions?

Hey pals! I just discovered this thread a couple of nights ago and have been reading through it. It obviously goes back a ways. I’m looking for a good Vol 1. short jacket and honestly not sure the best place to go. Magnoli has a very nice one but it’s very expensive. I saw one on eFX’s website but it’s not available and that page has been up since 2016. Any suggestions?
Depends if you want one off-the-peg or if you’re willing to modify one?

I have a really nice vol.1 jacket that I bought of a seller on eBay.

Had the zipper replaced for a screen accurate one and the jacket tailored to be more fitted. I bought some of the badges and valves off a seller on here.

Depends if you want one off-the-peg or if you’re willing to modify one?

I have a really nice vol.1 jacket that I bought of a seller on eBay.

Had the zipper replaced for a screen accurate one and the jacket tailored to be more fitted. I bought some of the badges and valves off a seller on here.
I just got a vol. 2 jacket from White Sheep Leather but I’d love to get a good Vol. 1 jacket. Could you dm some a link or links please? I would appreciate it.

Also, for those who actually use a real genuine Sony Walkman TPS-L2, how are you all clipping it to the belt? I just got one for a good deal, but even so, they are expensive and I’m hesitant to modify it too much. Does anyone know what the back of the actual screen used prop looks like?

I just got a vol. 2 jacket from White Sheep Leather but I’d love to get a good Vol. 1 jacket. Could you dm some a link or links please? I would appreciate it.

Also, for those who actually use a real genuine Sony Walkman TPS-L2, how are you all clipping it to the belt? I just got one for a good deal, but even so, they are expensive and I’m hesitant to modify it too much. Does anyone know what the back of the actual screen used prop looks like?
So, it was a few years ago now that I bought the jacket off eBay. I’ve looked just now and the one I got is pretty much like this one:

Obviously I modified it a bit. I did a little thread on my progress. You can read it here:

I didn’t get my hands on a genuine Sony Walkman TPS-L2. I bought a resin cast of one. I believe for vol.2 they didn’t use actual Sony Walkman due to a fire in the warehouse where the vol.1 props were kept and the extortionate price of ones on eBay. As for how they attached the genuine one to his belt...I’m not sure, but I’d guess they bought a belt clip and affixed it to the rear of the Walkman.

So, it was a few years ago now that I bought the jacket off eBay. I’ve looked just now and the one I got is pretty much like this one:

Obviously I modified it a bit. I did a little thread on my progress. You can read it here:

I didn’t get my hands on a genuine Sony Walkman TPS-L2. I bought a resin cast of one. I believe for vol.2 they didn’t use actual Sony Walkman due to a fire in the warehouse where the vol.1 props were kept and the extortionate price of ones on eBay. As for how they attached the genuine one to his belt...I’m not sure, but I’d guess they bought a belt clip and affixed it to the rear of the Walkman.
Thank you for the links! That thread was helpful! I didn't know that about the Vol 1 props! I am still learning about all this stuff and it is fascinating. The hard work everyone puts in here is fantastic!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back