The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Got my pants back from my local dry cleaners. *they also have a seamstress* I had the leather holster pads added. Wanted to get some constructive criticism.
20190307_161801.jpeg
20190307_161834.jpeg
20190307_161854.jpeg
20190307_161859.jpeg

I am very impressed with the work on this one. i actually have an idea for the guns using an old LazerTag Starlyte and an old Sega Master system gun. planning to make casts of each and combine them. once i have a chance to work on it i will post pics and probably start a thread of my own on it

I’ve lurked on this sight for a loooong time. Finally thought I’d post. Working on a Star lord cosplay and needing help with finding affordable pants and spats. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

I’ve lurked on this sight for a loooong time. Finally thought I’d post. Working on a Star lord cosplay and needing help with finding affordable pants and spats. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Manles is probably the best bang for the buck youll get for pants if you want semi accurate.

This is my first real try at a cosplay. Many of the item are hand made and I wanna swap out for more replica quality items as time moves on.
49BF7B5A-C9AF-4CEB-B274-E0345909980D.jpeg

Last edited:
I have electroplated renaissance_man Infinity Orb with Nickel. I'm also nearly finished with my helmet. Those will be coming soon.

Attachments

• 20190708_195131.jpg
    20190708_195131.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 291
I am almost finished with my Helmet I bought from JOATRASH FX. I decided to electroplate the whole thing because I wanted actual metal to show when I battle scared it. This is my first attempt at electroplating. First I had to copper electroplate the whole thing, then nickel plate, then paint. The brass that surrounds the eyes & down the sides of the face plate didn't come out, it looks like it was scorched in battle. I think I'm going to have to start from scratch on that part. What do you guys think, should I redo that area or leave it alone? The only paint I used is the Gunmetal.

I ended up using rub'nbuff over the brass. The face detaches to reveal the materializing peices. When the face goes back on the LEDs automatically light up. I ran out of time to weather it. I wore the helmet for San Diego Comicon this past weekend. Ran into Gamora & hung out.
20190720_122502.jpg
20190722_120629.jpg
20190722_120939.jpg

Chiming in late to say I 100% agree with you Jumpman. Auel is being petty and minimizing. I see that he hasn't posted since this fracas and I think that's a good thing. He's off somewhere else and not poisoning the waters here. Yay!

See ya. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. In the off chance you are still lurking and reading, here's some thoughts on your last post:

First of all, you were the one to bring up being banned (see your post in this thread #3199). No one else brought that up before you mentioned it yourself. I know it's hard to keep straight all the B.S. you posted. But please at least acknowledge that point.

I posted my photos because I wanted to share and contribute what I put together to this community. The slogan for the RPF is literally "craft your fandom". Not "only display your fandom if it is basically movie quality and make sure everything is neatly and exactly put together otherwise you should be ashamed for disrespecting people". That's just silly. It would be too long to fit up there on the top banner.

As far as doing research for the character, yup, did it and still doing it. Still evolving my cosplay. The fact I wore it to a con and posted pics on here doesn't mean it's my final form. I'm sorry you are still stuck on the Walkman being hung wrong. I did not know it would offend people so much! Man, are my cheeks red with embarrassment.

Your last point: no one here is petty except maybe, possibly you. I know, you have your own beliefs as to what cosplay is. Steampunk isn't. Neither is genderbent versions. Or I assume people that dress outside of their race. Hmmm.... who sounds petty now?

I'm glad you formally said bye. In all my years lurking and finally joining to post on here, I've never seen a member that has been as critical, rude, and disrespectful as you good sir have been to me. I don't comprehend how my cosplay in my little corner of this gigantic universe of ours offends your senses as much as it has. Good day.

Nice Helmet, I also have the delaminating helmet, copper plated it , rub n buff silver, leds for face blue pieces... good job with the face piece

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back