The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

Those are the same ones I bought, they took about two weeks to get in though since they ship from China. They seem really well made and look really, really close to the ones on the show. They also fit really well. The only thing that was a slight disappointment was the zippers above the cargo pockets are just cosmetic.
I have a similar pair from the same brand but mine doesn't have the zippers or the pocket on the lower leg. They're very comfortable and well made.

My 8800R is a crew neck. The logo is really easy to rub off. Took me a couple minutes.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered it off Amazon (it has the 8800R pictured, but only says 8800 and shows a slight v neck but with hexagons) so I'm hoping I get the right one. I also ordered the 8840R as well from that compression website. Hopefully one or both will be correct. Returning is easier with amazon because it was a prime order, but the compression one shouldnt be too bad because I did it through paypal.

Just got my shirt today from compressionsale.com. The website says 8840T, my receipt says 8840R and I received today.....8800!!! :facepalm I talked to customer service. They are sending the "correct" shirt out to me with a return envelope in the package so I can send the 8800 back to them. Good thing I was not in a hurry. The 8800 (no letters after the numbers on this one) is a crew neck, red stitching, McDavid logo just under neck stitch and the McDavid M logo instead of the honeycomb on the arms only.

At least I have the cheap Amazon shirt with red stitching a lot of us ordered back on page 1 or 2 as a backup. Pray there is better luck for whoever else ordered from this site. At least they are trying to get it right and making it easy for me to send back the return.

Uh oh, that's unfortunate. I also ordered the 8840 from their website. So hopefully I get the right one! The one I ordered most certainly was the 8840, though it was titled 'McDavid Compression Shirt'. However upon reading the description; it is listed as product ID #8840. It's unfortunate they are getting orders incorrect...

Uh oh, that's unfortunate. I also ordered the 8840 from their website. So hopefully I get the right one! The one I ordered most certainly was the 8840, though it was titled 'McDavid Compression Shirt'. However upon reading the description; it is listed as product ID #8840. It's unfortunate they are getting orders incorrect...

I hope you do too! You are a bit further away from them than I am. Would hate to see you get the wrong one and have to deal with returns.

An interesting development: I emailed compressionsale.com to make sure I was indeed shipped the 8840 instead of the 8800. They replied, informing me that that the 8840 has been discontinued and replaced with the 8810! The 8810 isn't even in the line of compression shirts; they're the compression pants with red stitching! My questions regarding the shipment weren't even answered, so I sent them a follow up email asking quite bluntly if I have been sent the 8840 or not, seeing as I paid full price for it as it's still listed as 'in stock' on their website. I recommend trying to find an alternate place to purchase from for anyone in future, this is extremely unprofessional if a random customer is correcting a company who specifically sells these kinds of products on a daily basis.

So, which shirt are you guys getting from compressionsale.com? I think I'm a little confused with all the model numbers... Supposedly I have one coming and the receipt says 8840R in black and size medium...

That's what I ordered, but everything about mine says "8840R"

My receipt says 8840R but I got an 8800 like Alice Wonderbra did. Mine was an XL though. Really odd that earlier today when I was talking to Customer Service the item number under the price said 8840T on the website. Now it says 8840R. UGH!!! The customer service person did seem pretty clueless in general, so I really hope she was correct in saying I would get the correct shirt this time. At least I have the conversation in my inbox so I can refer to it if my shirt does not ship or it is messed up again. I believe I am going to call tomorrow and confer that what I was told tonight was correct. Between my experience and NZ Ninja, I am worried I may get the same shirt yet again.

I'm interested. What material is this? I was going to go with a 10 oz burgundy Duck Cloth for the red sections based on a "Heatgear" like black spandex.I've also looked into kevlar and cordura.

Hey

First I wanna say thanks to all of you for the amazing detective work. I feel that I should contribute to this thread... I found this non-stretch fabric today.. What do you guys think??

http://i58.tinypic.com/29c3szl.jpg

I also ordered the 8840R from CompressionSale, and like Chris92, I ordered medium and the receipt/webpage/email confirmation all say:
"MCD-8840R-B-Medium" Mine has not shipped yet but I hope my Amazon 8800 is the hex pattern.

For those of you who need 8840R in XL and XXL, it may be best to order it directly from McDavid as they have it on clearance (which is prob why it's so hard to find):
http://www.mcdavidusa.com/Product/8840R/MCDAVID_Compression_Shirt.aspx

For those of you who got the 8800, did any of you get the hex version?

Hi all, first post but have been using the site for a while. Thought I'd pass along some conversations I've had. I also ordered the 8840R from compressionsale and got my shirt today. It was the 8800 with the M design - no hex. The 8840R is gone and most sellers are indeed replacing with the 8800 - which may not be so bad as it's very close to, if not exactly what he wears later in the season (vs Nobu) But here's the other wrinkle on the 8800. I called McDavid and they confirmed the 8800 hex has been discontinued and everything leaving their warehouse from now on is the "M". I also asked Amazon seller Bestworld and GoBros, both of which confirmed they are shipping "M" patterns from now on. eBay seller Diesel_dog_sports says the same. So looks like luck of the draw with any remaining stock out there. Like many, I'll probably have to live with the M pattern also, and hide most of it with the arm/elbow pads.

When it comes to 8840R research I would have to say that I've done the most. A whole week of correspondance with over 30 vendors.
They all have them in sizes I do not wear, or too expensive (80$) or they are simply not the model.
All the compressionsale sites (compressionsport, brace something, etc) order directly from Mcdavid, they do not have their own stock.
They send you the 8800R which is good since if you are going for that it's cheaper, however it's the M hex not the hexagons.

I've honestly given up with trying to find the 8840R and will just settle with a black compression shirt with red stripes (found in the first few weeks and is 20$)

So, I bought a cheaper version of the gloves, and either I have really small hands or these are abnormally large. I got the medium and they are very loose, plus the knuckle part seems way too wide. I'm not sure how they're supposed to fit, but I'm pretty sure it's not like this. I think I'm going to exchange them for the small.

So, I bought a cheaper version of the gloves, and either I have really small hands or these are abnormally large. I got the medium and they are very loose, plus the knuckle part seems way too wide. I'm not sure how they're supposed to fit, but I'm pretty sure it's not like this. I think I'm going to exchange them for the small.

Are they very similar in design? The real gloves feel slightly smaller than expected, I'd say.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back