The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

Thanks!

But I'm realizing that the bracers are probably the single most boring part I could have opened up with! So, how about the cowl instead?

r6SRprU.png

Still some curves to adjust, a few proportions I'm not quite sure on, needs a big poly boost, and I haven't yet decided whether to model the rear slit into it or handle that after casting.

xtlQLyB.png

Looking good? I've no idea the status of other efforts to recreate this piece, and whether it holds up to them.

Nope, not one bit. i can take a pic of the shirt in a few hours when i get home if you like.

I did rinse the shirt immediately after removing the logo then tossed it in the washing machine to make sure all the chemicals were rinsed out

That would be awesome. I received the same shirt you did, so if you managed to remove the logo without any damage, I'd love to see how

Am I really seeing this, or are my eyes playing tricks?

DjF30OW.gif

Look at the back of the cowl:

NUOG6fK.gif

Really look! That is a huge slit up the back of the cowl between the rear and right side panels, correct??? Making for a big, floppy flap to help get his head in?

N0WOpF0.gif

They really need to release more promo shots of this suit.

that's a great idea for removing the logo! I picked away at mine and peeled away at it; took the course of half-an-hour. Still required a bit of tape to tap away at the small, finer pieces of material still stuck to it, and a damp cloth to erase the mark left. Might need a wash in the machine.

Thanks!

But I'm realizing that the bracers are probably the single most boring part I could have opened up with! So, how about the cowl instead?

http://i.imgur.com/r6SRprU.png

Still some curves to adjust, a few proportions I'm not quite sure on, needs a big poly boost, and I haven't yet decided whether to model the rear slit into it or handle that after casting.

http://i.imgur.com/xtlQLyB.png

Looking good? I've no idea the status of other efforts to recreate this piece, and whether it holds up to them.
looks awesome are you planning to release a pep for your work, not a fan of buying everything finished prefer to buy stuff that I can build. The bracelets I did see a pair of shin guards on eBay tat look similar will try to add link at some point

looks awesome are you planning to release a pep for your work, not a fan of buying everything finished prefer to buy stuff that I can build. The bracelets I did see a pair of shin guards on eBay tat look similar will try to add link at some point

Thank you!

Finances permitting, I'll be trying to offer unpainted kits with the cowl and separate mandible plates for people to paint, pad, and overlay their own fabric themselves. I'm sure people would prefer to match the helmet color to their suit than vice versa, same goes for matching the fabric (though the material on the cowl looks to be different than the hood and suit fabrics) and all that jazz.

But if that doesn't happen, pep would seem to be the route to go, doesn't it?

As far as the bracers go, they're so simple to execute that finding an off-the-shelf option doesn't seem worth it. A sheet of cast rubber, two straps, a few bits of store bought hardware, and you've got yourself an accurate bracer!

I got my McDavid 8800 with hex pattern. Funny thing is that the logo has the red M on the front which led me to initally think it was going to be the "M" pattern shirt.

The unfortunate thing is that CompressionSale shipped me a shirt a day after I had cancelled with them. So now I have to return my Amazon shirt and deal with this return as well!

So Daredevil just got extended for Season 2 in 2016, around the same time as the first season. So either we're gonna get a whole lot of more pictures of the costume soon or a new costume

Several articles on the Internet (based on an interview in Empire Magazine) quoted the costume designer mentioning CAT, G-Star, and McDavid.

But, for Daredevil's black costume I think: McDavid, definitely yes. CAT, no (Bates). and perhaps a custom-tailored G-Star for one of the pant styles?

If you note in various scenes, he's wearing a slightly different black costume, which is probably why *the* pants are still unconfirmed. Looking at reference photos, there seems to be a version of these pants with zippers in the front, upper thigh area... I've done some research last month and ended up here: https://www.g-star.com/en_us/collection/men/pants?p_maincolor={id2080842}&p_style={id64878492} Paying attention to the front and side pockets, some of the style elements are there, and it's possible that *a* screen accurate one could have been a discontinued version of G-Star and/or a custom-tailored one based off one of these models. Thoughts?

Edited to add some articles:
http://fashionista.com/2015/04/daredevil-costume-design

Quote:

So what is he actually wearing for his initial outfit — are those cargo pants or was the outfit custom made?

I really wanted to put myself in his shoes and figure out where he would go. So I went to army/navy stores. I went online. I looked at athletic clothing, compression clothing, military stuff and construction stuff. I looked at everything, and we tried a lot of things. I even looked at fashion stuff: G-Star, Nike, Diesel, but we wound up with pretty practical choices for him. His shirts are compression shirts and his pants wound up being from an army/navy store. I think they might have been construction pants. If I were going to be in Matt’s head, I’d say to myself, "I need something that’s practical, that’s functional, that I can move in, that's utilitarian. I want to put stuff in my pockets." He ultimately had those sticks and he had to put those in his pockets and he had his mask — he had to have some place to put that.

Also:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/35991/-daredevil-costume-design-violence-talk

Last edited:
Hey guys. This may be a stupid question but how is everyone cutting the fabric to make the mask? I have the black fabric that I am going to use but I just want to make sure I cut it correctly. Thanks in advance!

WP_20150509_17_16_07_Pro.jpgWP_20150509_17_16_19_Pro.jpgWP_20150509_17_17_34_Pro.jpg
Purchased a pair of black leggings today and followed the method of cutting along the inseam of the legs. This is without a face-shell so my ears are sticking out and the fabric isn't sitting as perfectly as it should with the waistline tucked underneath the face-shell, but it'll do for now. Still waiting on the Hex-elbow pad, the gloves and the boots though. This is also what the shirt looks like once the logo has been picked away at and washed once. Let me know what you guys think. (Also, how do you rotate the images you upload?)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back