The blasters of Star Wars: TFA discussion thread

Han's Force Awakens blaster is built on a M712 not a C96
star-wars-force-awakens-blaster.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, yes!

I missed the mag release in the shadow.

Very pleased that this version for TFA makes my build more accurate.

If we get an image of the other side we can see if the semi-auto dial is there

I was wanting to start a discussion of the various blasters of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Now I know there are already some threads and builds going on such as the Stormtroopers' blaster rifle and sidearm.

I was hoping we could share and discuss details of other blaster as we start to acquire more info.

For starters I found this blaster interesting:

View attachment 527138

This is a blaster that comes with the Disney Store Elite die cast 6" Rey figure. Not sure if it is her personal blaster or just something she picks up for a short time and utilizes in the film. I thought it looked interesting and it appears to have some broom handle influences.

Got our first glimpse of the real blaster:

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 119
As to Hans blaster;
it definitely is NOT the same as the ANH HERO.... Very similar, yet has 'knobs' (some sort of thumb screw perhaps) to BOTH sides and no "mystery disc".. The scope seems to indeed be a Hensoldt (probably a dark energy)...
Once I'm near a computer, we'll see if I can't post a few of the screen grabs I took today
....OH!!! And, I believe it IS an M712 and not the C96 also-

I've also found a "mystery blaster" scene where the scope is on the wrong side-
When Han wrestles his blaster from the fallen trooper!!
Perhaps due to the negative getting flipped? Or a multitude of props....
EDIT: I've just re watched the scene and Han is shooting with his LEFT hand- leading me to believe they've definitely flipped the negative!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back